All about the built-in QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks is one of the best accounting software available in the world. Since its inception small to big organizations have immensely been benefited. So much so that now companies are completely dependent on this application. Even though it has many perks often users face various errors which affect the smooth functioning of the organization. To combat such situation it is advised to use the inbuilt QuickBooks file Doctor.
The Built-in QuickBooks file doctor is considered one of the best ways to solve various types of errors, files and issues related to data like corruption, network problems, windows set up issues and more. This application is integrated in the desktop version and when any error occurs the inbuilt file doctor will automatically be intimated about it.
Basic information about Built-in QBFD
Important points that you need to know about Built-in QuickBooks File Doctor tool:
- This application works only for US, CA and UK version of QuickBooks
- QuickBooks need not be installed in your computer. It uses the file and data repair.
- This application makes use of network and diagnosis repair. In this case QuickBooks should be installed in the desktop running the internal File doctor.
- The in-built QuickBooks file doctor supports windows 10, windows 8, windows 7 and Server 2003-2012.
- In case, the .NET framework 2.0 isn’t there in your desktop then the internal QuickBooks File Doctor will install it through the diagnostic tool.
Different Types Of QuickBooks Desktop File Doctor Tool
There are basically two types of file doctor tool, namely:
- QBFD stand-alone version- This one is used from the server where only the QuickBooks database server manager component is installed, in order to host file.
- QuickBooks file doctor tool built-in version- It is available in QuickBooks 2016 and later versions.
Essential points to consider before running QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
Before you head to the steps ahead, make sure to consider the below pointers:
- It is important to have the admin credentials before accessing the file doctor tool.
- Proper internet connection is also important
- There is a certain file size limit i.e. 1.5 GB that you should comply with.
- Make sure that you have installed a single version of QuickBooks on the system.
- Update QuickBooks to the latest version before you access QBFD.
- File doctor tool can be accessed only by users of QuickBooks Windows OS and not for the MAC users.
The Cons of using File Doctor in QuickBooks
- In case of data damage issues, if you are not able to open the file only then run the file doctor. If you can open the file and work on it then in that case don’t run the application.
- The company file that needs to be uploaded in QuickBooks file doctor should be less than 2 GB.
- While the tool is still open you can restart and download. However, if the tool is not open then the upload will start all over again.
- In order to run the network diagnosis, you must be signed in as Administrator.
- If the desktop windows user account control is ON then the application will be re-launched with elevated admin privileges.
- If many versions of QuickBooks desktop are already installed in your desktop then the Network Diagnose and Repair feature might not work properly. The network resolution only works on the latest version of QuickBooks that is installed in the system and not the Database Server Manager only update.
- Moreover the QBFD only works on qbw or qba files only.
- The network diagnoses and QuickBooks File repair are on by default.
- It suggested that you use the advanced settings button so as to run the file on network only diagnostics.
Read Also: Resolve QuickBooks error code 6000 304
Using the built-in QuickBooks File Doctor tool
Many of the errors in QuickBooks are automatically resolved by the built-in QuickBooks File Doctor. In this situation you will get a blue start button. Click On the Start button and automatically the QBFD will be intimidated.
- First thing to do is open the QuickBooks to the ‘No company open window‘. Don’t log into the file.
- Once done, choose the ‘file‘ and then click on ‘Utilities‘ and on ‘Repair file‘ and finally on the ‘Network Problems‘.
- After this a message dialogue box opens click on ‘OK‘. Once done QBFD will relaunch along with admin rights.
- Now select ‘YES‘ to the ‘Windows UAC Prompt‘
- In order to open the built-in file doctor select the ‘green wench‘ icon.
- Now click on ‘Continue‘.
- Now you will be directed to sign-in to your company file page, so type the QuickBooks Admin username and password and then select ‘Next‘
- After this choose ‘Advanced Settings‘. Select the ‘Diagnosis File‘
- Then Click ‘Next‘
- After the diagnosis is complete open the company file to see of the issue has been resolved.
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Installation Errors for Windows and Mac?
Most Probable Outcomes While Using File Doctor
1. QBFD didn’t detect any problem
This can be the first case where the tool is unable to come up to any kind of issue. This requires re-login to the company file, and if by chance the error continues, setup the Auto data recovery and then enter the transactions since the last backup.
2. QBFD diagnoses and resolves an issue
Another case can be if the QB file doctor tool detects an issue, then tap on “Open new company”, when the process ends. This is one of the most favorable outcomes of the process.
3. Issue detected, but error can’t be resolved
Such a situation might occur when you run the File doctor tool, and it requires you to run the auto data recovery tool, as well as enter the transactions in a manual manner, ever since the last backup or upload the file on its own.
If you have still have queries about built-in QuickBooks File Doctor tool then you can seek assistance from QuickBooks premier support team who are available 24/7 to provide you service by dialing our toll-free number 1-844-405-0907.
Errors like: Error code -6150, Error code -6000 -82, QB Error code -6000 -305, Error code -6000 -301, Network errors Installation errors, Error in updating QuickBooks, Firewall port poorly configured, QB Error 6147, or Error -6130, and other 6000 series errors, Multi-user mode errors, Damaged company files, Damaged Windows registry, H series errors, and a bunch of other errors can be rectified using QuickBooks file doctor tool.
QBFD stand-alone version is one of the versions of the tool that can be used from the server where only the QuickBooks database server manager component is installed, in order to host the file.
The company file is a core component in QuickBooks that can be accessed easily using the admin credentials. The file carries the crucial data of the company and should be backed up timely to avoid any data loss.
Intuit allows its users to access certain tools to eliminate issues related to the software. And QuickBooks tool hub is a one-stop destination, where the user can access all the tools required to deal with certain errors in QuickBooks.
Some other helpful articles: