QuickBooks is highly renowned accounting software used by both small and middle sized organizations. But sometimes, it faces some technical issues and errors so through this blog post we are going to explain you about one of the most common error code that is ‘QuickBooks Payroll Error 30114‘. When this error occurs, a message pop ups on your screen in the middle of the program installation and this can happen while shutting down of Windows, or amid the operation system of windows installation.
What causes are behind to QuickBooks Payroll error 30144?
Here are the causes of this error which will further help you figure out the solution for the same:
- Improper QuickBooks software installation and corrupt file download.
- QB associated files have been deleted or erroneously erased by another application.
- Corruption in the registry of windows
- Run-time errors
- Virus infection or malware.
- Malware or virus attack on network
The image as shown below is similar which appears on your desktop.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 30114
Check out the reasons due to which the error code 30114 appears:-
- When the QuickBooks Error 30114 appears, the active window starts crashing frequently.
- System crash frequently after an interval of time while running the same program.
- The error appears on the screen as “QuickBooks Error Code 30114”.
- Windows, keyboard, and mouse respond slowly.
- Computer “freezes” periodically.
Troubleshooting Steps for QuickBooks Error 30144
The Error Code 30114 appears during the download or installation process. Once you know the reason, you can follow the below steps to fix QuickBooks Payroll Error 30114. You can also take instant help from our QuickBooks Error Support team to save your valuable time and efforts.
It has been suggested that the steps given below should be followed in ascending order as to avoid the steps being more troublesome and tedious.
Method 1: Create a backup file of the QuickBooks related registry section
- Click on the ‘Start‘ menu.
- Enter command in the ‘Search‘ button
- Hold the ‘Ctrl + Shift‘ and press ‘Enter‘ now.
- You will see a permission window dialog box.
- Click ‘Yes‘
- A black window with squinting cursor will appear
- Enter ‘regedit’ and press ‘Enter‘ button
- Choose the Error 30114 – associated key (you need to back up) into the ‘Registry Editor‘ window
- From the ‘file menu‘, choose the ‘Export‘ button
- Now choose the desired folder in order to save the backup key of QB
- Now, enter the name for the backup file in the file name window
- Ensure that ‘Selected Branch’ is marked into the ‘Export Range‘ window.
- Click on ‘Save‘.
- The file will be saved with a ‘.reg file‘
- Now you will get the backup of the QB-related registry section.
Method 2: Perform a Clean Malware Scan of your system
Following this, do a complete malware scan of the computer. If you find that there is a malware infection on the computer, then you shall do a quick scan.
Later that, follow these steps:
- Clean the ‘System Junk files‘
- Update the ‘System Device Drivers‘
- Use ‘Windows System Restore‘ and ‘Undo the Recent changes‘ of the system
- Uninstall the QB and install the Program related to the ‘Payroll Error 30114‘
- Run the ‘file checker‘
- Install all the ‘Windows updates‘ that are available in web.
- Finally, Perform a Fresh Windows Installation.
Method 3: Delete Junk files
At times junk files can trigger some sort of issues in QuickBooks. The steps involved in eliminating the junk files are as follows:
- The very first step is to press win + E to open file explorer
- Now, when the explorer window is displayed, then move to my computer
- Also, right click the C drive and head to properties
- Inspect the free space
- Check if the space available is a minimum of 2.5 GB as it is mandatory for QuickBooks
- Move to the disc cleanup using the directions
- Press windows + R to show the run window
- Now, write cleanmgr in the run window and click on enter tab
- Click on ok tab to complete the cleanup process
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Installation Errors for Windows and Mac?
Method 4: Clean install QuickBooks
Sometimes a mere reinstall doesn’t work, so it is suggested to clean install QuickBooks. The below set of steps can be performed in clean installing QuickBooks. Let us have a look:
- The very first step is to move to the control pane and then head to the programs and features
- Once done with that, look for the QuickBooks desktop and click on uninstall tab
- Re-install the QuickBooks application and see if the error vanished.
- Install the software either through the installation disc or through the .exe file, downloaded from the Intuit website.
We hope you find this article helpful. If you find any issue while following the above steps, you can connect with us through our QuickBooks payroll technical support team or you can call our experts on our toll-free i.e. +1-844-318-0008. Our Intuit Certified ProAdvisors will look forward to your concern and provide you feasible solution for your concerns.
The steps to fix the payroll error in QuickBooks desktop.
1. Click the Help menu.
2. Choose About QuickBooks .
3. Press Ctrl + Alt +Y on your keyboard, then click on Next.
4. In the Employee Summary Information window, select the employee that was underpaid.
5. Double-click on the employee’s name.
6. Review the YTD Adjustment details. Click Ok.
The problem can be fixed by copying the installation folders from CD to hard drive. Now, install QuickBooks from files copied from CD to hard drive. This would aid in resolving the error.
The user can try fixing the error using the below steps:
Solution 1: Create a Backup file for the QuickBooks. Solution 2: Go for a System file check. Solution 3: Utilize the Disk Clean-up Tool to delete all the junk files. Solution 4: Update the System Device Drivers.
Read more helpful articles from here: