QuickBooks is one of the most popular accounting software used all over the world, especially by small and medium businesses. This user-friendly software is great at tracking finances, managing sales and helping with invoices. In fact, QuickBooks Desktop is packed with many features that has enhance productivity of the organizations.
However QuickBooks Desktop often runs down into trouble, after all it is a software. Often users complain that they are facing problems like QuickBooks Desktop doesn’t start or won’t open. Even though this problem can affect the business operation of an organization but it can be easily fix with the help of few technical steps given below.
You might also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Codes 3000 and others?
What Causes QuickBooks Desktop Doesn’t Start Error?
QuickBooks Desktop Doesn’t start due to various reasons and they are mentioned below.
- Very long company name
- Corrupted Hard disk
- Improper installation of QuickBooks Desktop
- Missing or damaged QBWUSER.INI file
- Out of date operating system
Symptoms of QuickBooks Won’t Open error
- The software freezes.
- The QuickBooks company file doesn’t open.
- Windows runs slowly
- The computer hangs every now and then.
- Computer responds very slowly to mouse and keyboard
Important Note: When you click on QuickBooks icon many times (double click ing repeatedly), it can result in not responding or not working. It is better to wait for a while and give time to launch QuickBooks again. Don’t click too many times to send multiple requests.
Important tips before troubleshooting the error
The user is suggested to perform the following things before carrying out the fixation steps.
- The user is recommended to update the software to the latest version
- Also turn off the hosting on the system
- Ensure to Suppress the QuickBooks Desktop software
- Change the name of the .TLG and .ND files
- Repair the QuickBooks Desktop
Software installed on your PC.
Read Also: How to Solve QuickBooks Bank Reconciliation?
Methods to rectify QuickBooks Desktop doesn’t start or won’t open error
This issue of QuickBooks can be easily solved and below are some of the solution to this problem. However, if you want expert’s help to resolve these errors quickly then you can get in touch with our QuickBooks support team anytime.
Solution 1: Close QBW32.exe process
- First thing to do is Right-Click on the “Windows taskbar” in the system and then select “Start Task Manager” option.
- Now click on the “Process tab” and then click on “Image Name” header so as to arrange the processes alphabetically.
- Then locate and select “EXE“.
- Finally click on “End Process” to close the “exe process“
Solution 2: Renaming the QBWUSER.ini. file
- Try accessing the folder where ini file is there and if you cannot trace it then enable hidden folders and file.
- Once the folder is found then click on the “QBWUSER.ini.file” and then select “Rename” option.
- After this type “Insert.old” in the last file name.
- Now change the name of “ecml.file“. After renaming the file if QuickBooks works then the issue is solved.
Solution 3: Suppress QuickBooks Desktop Installation
- First right-click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon.
- Press on the “CTRL key” and then select “Open“. Hold the “Ctrl key” till you have opened the “No Company Open” window.
- Now open QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 4: Repair QuickBooks Desktop Installation if done incorrectly
- On your keyboard click on “Ctrl +Alt + Del“
- Now select the “Task Manager” option
- After this click on the “Process tab“
- Right-Click on any of the “QuickBooks processes“
- After this click on “End Process“.
- You will get a confirmation process and in that select “end all processes“.
- Try restarting QuickBooks again
- Now click on “Repair QuickBooks“.
You may also read: How to Tackle QuickBooks Abort Error?
Solution 5: Create a new Windows Admin User
- First click on the “Control Panel” and then navigate through it.
- Double click on the “User Account” then “Manage User” and then to Click “Add“.
- Once done enter the name as well as domain of the administrator and then click “Ok” button.
- If using Windows 10 then select “Administrator“.
- After this click on Finish which will direct to the ‘User Accounts’ dialogue box. Now Click “OK“.
Solution 6: Restart the Desktop
- Open the “Start menu” in your computer.
- Click on the “Power Button” and then select “Restart” option.
- Once restart is done open QuickBooks Desktop
See this also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 9997?
Solution 7: Do a clean installation of QuickBooks
- First of all, you have to uninstall the QuickBooks software and after then reinstall the QuickBooks software using clean install and then rename the installation folders.
Solution 8: Use Quick Fix My Program tool
- Under this process, the user is first recommended to download and install the tool hub
- After that save the file where it can be accessed easily
- Once done with that, the user should install the tool hub and double click on the icon when installation ends
- Now choose Quick Fix my program tool under the program problems tab and run it
- Once done with that run QuickBooks and check if the issue is resolved or not
Solution 9: Access the company file from different location
- The very first step is to hit the windows + E
- This will open up the windows explorer
- After that look for the file with qbw file extension
- When you look for a file location on a network server, do it in the Network drive on which the data file is located.
- Right click the file and select copy
- After that locate the C: drive and make a new folder
- Rename it as QbTest
- Open the folder and paste the company file in it
- Now, open QuickBooks while holding ctrl
- And access the company file you copied
Solution 10: Run the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
- The very first step here is to open the QuickBooks tool hub
- And then head to the installation issues tab
- Also, select the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
- Run the tool and let it perform the necessary scan
- After the tool identifies the issue, it automatically performs the necessary steps to rectify the issue
- This process might take time
- After that, reboot the system to save changes
- And check if the issue resolves
Also read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 31?
Hope this small article help you to resolve this error. If you are looking for further help and QuickBooks Enterprise customer support then contact Hostdocket to get instant solution from U.S based best accounting experts, feel free to dial our helpline i.e. +1-844-405-0907.
More helpful topics: