When you see an Unrecoverable error XXXXX XXXXX, it indicates that QuickBooks closed unexpectedly. Experiencing this issue is quite probable when you open or close a file, save a backup of the company file, or backup your portable company file, or even when updating QuickBooks. Though you can experience different sorts of unrecoverable errors in QuickBooks, we have tried to summarize the general troubleshooting steps in this piece of writing. So as to help you in tackling with the basic unrecoverable errors easily.
If you are also experiencing an unrecoverable error in QuickBooks, here is what you need to do. But before that, if you require any sort of technical assistance, feel free to reach out to our technical support team at +1-800-360-4183. Having said that, let us explore more about QuickBooks unrecoverable error.
What is unrecoverable error in QuickBooks?
Some unrecoverable errors ‘XXXXX XXXXX’ appear on the screen with a warning message i.e., “QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close”. Apart from the message, the error message might carry any one of the 50 unique numeric error codes which are 10 digits long in a 5-digit space 5 digits sequence. The error indicates that the accounting software has experienced a critical application fault. You can experience this issue when you open the company file or when clicking on the save, print, or ship icon, at the top of the transaction. XXXXX in the unrecoverable error here denotes the error code that would appear on your screen.
Common Unrecoverable Error Codes
Unrecoverable errors can be seen in various numeric combinations. Here are a few of them:
|00227 55008||00000 15204||00000 14775|
|00551 46274||02457 79428||13730 84631|
|13824 75582||15563 13890||19758 63847|
|20103 33023||20888 41171||16059 98709|
Conditions in which QuickBooks unrecoverable errors generally occur
You can come across the unrecoverable error in the following situations:
- While creating a portable file.
- While downloading a payroll update
- When a user tries to Send payroll via Direct Deposit
- Running Verify or Rebuild
- Saving a transactions
- Using the Open Previous Company feature
- When a user tries to Attempting to open a company file
- Closing any open window in a company file
- When using the open previous company feature
- Another condition can be when opening any window in QuickBooks
- You can expect this issue when opening QuickBooks desktop files on a workstation.
- When printing, emailing, or saving as PDF out of QuickBooks desktop.
- At the time of creating a company file backup.
Read Also: Easy ways to resolve QuickBooks Error 1935
What Causes QuickBooks Unrecoverable Errors?
There can be a handful of factors that might trigger unrecoverable errors in QuickBooks. These factors include:
- In case the QuickBooks component is damaged or corrupted
- Or if the system is having certain issues.
- You can further come across similar issues if there are any sort of power outages.
- Also, if a network blip occurs while a user is logged in to the QuickBooks company file.
- Another possible reason behind the occurrence of such an error can be if there are any sort of network issues.
- Or if the Windows or QuickBooks itself is outdated.
- Any sort of data damage can also trigger such an error in QuickBooks
Signs and Symptoms of QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error
You can identify the unrecoverable error with the help of the signs and symptoms below. Let us have a look:
- QuickBooks desktop window gets crashed is a basic sign.
- Another possible sign can be if QuickBooks crashes again and again.
- You can also identify a similar issue if you are unable to find a saved transaction on the company file.
- You can also identify similar issues if the update progress freezes up randomly or is not complete in hours.
- Or if QuickBooks freezes again and again.
Solutions to Fix Unrecoverable Error Code in QuickBooks
Below are the quick steps to solve these unrecoverable error codes of QuickBooks Desktop. We suggest you take these steps in the same order as they are given below.
Solution 1: Identify How many Users are Affected
Identify how many users are affected by using different login credentials to open the same company file at the same time. If errors happen to any specific user, then it may damage its credentials. If it is so then recreating the damaged user.
Step 1: Steps for a Regular user get damaged.
- From the main Company menu, Choose setup users and their passwords.
- Now Click on the Setup users. Enterprise Users: Company > then Users > Select Set up Users & Roles.
- Now click to add users.
- Enter the login credentials of a username and a password.
- Note: Remember one thing, don’t use the damaged user name.
- Click on the next option.
- Customize the user’s name as much as possible and then click the Finish option.
- After doing so, log in to the company file by using login credentials on a screen.
Step 2: When an Admin user gets damaged.
- To fix this typical issue, a user needs to download or run the QuickBooks File Doctor program.
You may also like: How to Troubleshoot Error: Cannot Open QuickBooks Company File?
Solution 2: When starting to do work on QuickBooks, Suppress the QuickBooks Desktop
- First, hold or press the Ctrl key button.
- Give a double click to the icon opt on the QuickBooks program.
- Again, press the Ctrl key until and unless no company file is opened on your desktop.
Suppress QuickBooks desktop when opening the Company file
- First of all, select the company file from the No Company Open
- Now press or hold the Alt key. Now click on the open
- If you are prompted for your login information, release the Alt key tab and then enter your valid username along with a strong password.
Important Note: If you are not prompted to ask for a username and a password then don’t release the alt key. For your username and password, remember one thing don’t release the Alt key.
- Then again press and hold the Alt key and click OK.
- Do not release this Alt key unless your company file is opened completely.
A quick tip: QuickBooks will appear as a blank screen. If you can highlight a QuickBooks menu by balancing your pointer to it, it will open a company file and a user can view this on their desktop.
Solution 3: Now Open a Sample Company file
Sample company files usually help in identifying if there is any issue related to the company file. It should be noted that if you are able to open the sample company file, then the company file might be damaged or the folder where the company file is saved might be damaged or corrupted.
The steps for opening a sample file are as:
- In the QuickBooks No Company Open window. Give a single click to open the sample file.
- Now choose any sample file from the given list.
To copy the company files in different locations:
- Right-click on your desktop. Then choose New and click the Folder name of the folder QBTEST.
- Now open the folder where a user has saved the company database file.
- Give one right-click on the file & then copy it.
- Paste the company file in the QBTEST folder that you’ve created as previously.
- At last, open the company file in the given QBTEST folder.
Also read: How to fix QuickBooks activation errors?
Solution 4: Repair your QuickBooks Desktop
- First, repair your QuickBooks installation process.
- Users need to download or run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool on their system.
- Now perform a clean re-installation with the help of using clean install tool.
- Manually repair the Microsoft components. If in case a user fails to follow or finds trouble, then take help from IT Professionals or Microsoft.
Solution 5: Need to Create a New Windows Administrator
In Windows 10:
- First click on the Start button and then select Settings.
- Choose Accounts and also click on family & its other users.
- Under the other users, a user needs to add someone on this computer.
- Choose the option where I don’t have this person’s sign-in information into a system.
- At last, click to add another user without using any Microsoft account.
- Now enter a new name for your new account and then click on the finished button.
- In the end, select as administrator and then click the OK key button.
In Windows 8, 8.1, 7 & Vista
- On a system keyboard, first press the Windows + R keys, this will open to run the window program.
- Enter or type in as Control panel and then select as OK button.
- Click on the user accounts and then choose to manage another account option.
- Also click or make a new account. Then type a name of a new account.
- Choose as Administrator and then click to create an account.
- You need to first head to the run window, and press Windows + R tab.
- Once done with that, enter Control Panel and then later choose ok tab.
- You now have to click on the User Accounts tab and then Manager another account tab.
- Click on other accounts tab and further click on add an account tab.
- After that, sign in without a Microsoft Account. and select the local account tab.
- You now have to enter the username, password and password hint.
- Choose Next tab.
- You will then be redirected to the Manage Other Accounts window and then select the freshly built account, and further click on edit tab.
- Select the Admin tab.
- Towards the end click on Ok tab.
Servers are maintained by a license computer technician. Just follow the below description:-
- First open the database server manager.
- Click on tools option & then choose computer management.
- Then expand local users and groups. Then select the group’s option.
- Give a double-click on the administrator groups & then open the administrator properties windows tab.
- Click to the Add option.
- In the Select items Users, Computer Systems, Service Accounts & Groups window.
- Now enter the account name which you want to add into the local admin groups. Then click to the OK key button.
Windows Small Business Server 2011 and 2008/R2
- You need to run the Windows SBS 2011/2008 console.
- Once done with that, go for Users and Groups.
- Select users tab.
- Followed by, heading to Add a new user account to run the Add a new user account wizard from the tasks pane.
- You now have to fill in the Details and head to the Role for the new user.
- Head with entering a passwrd for the new user.
- Note that you will not be allowed to continue without entering a password.
- Furthermore, the password should meet the complexity demands.
- Select the Add user.
- And perform onscreen instructions and click on finish tab.
Solution 6: Save the form differently
- You can use Save and Close or Save and New tabs towards the bottom of the form in order to save the transactions.
- Make sure you don’t leave the cursor anywhere on a blank like on the form while saving that. The cursor shall always be on a line that has some items written.
- You should click “To Be Printed” prior to saving the transaction.
- Give Print commands from File and Print forms.
If the unrecoverable QuickBooks Error appears while giving print commands, making changes or editing your preferences, follow these steps:
- Go to Edit Menu and click Preferences.
- Before you click the print check box, click clear the Save transactions beneath the Company Preferences Tab.
- Click OK and save changes.
Solution 7: Run Reboot.bat file
- You can start the procedure by finding the reboot.bat file under C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks xxx Ver 00.0 (xxx denotes the version of QuickBooks and 00.0 denotes the current version of QuickBooks).
- Right click the reboot.bat file and run file as admin.
- Moving ahead, you need to open the program to check if the issue has been fixed or not and then reboot the system and try again.
Solution 8: Copy company file to your desktop
- Here in this process, you need to start with opening the folder having the company file.
- Once done with that, you need to choose the locate option to find the file with .qbw extension.
- After that copy this file and move to the desktop where you will have to paste the file.
- Now, press ctrl key and start the application.
- This will show up the no company open window.
- Towards the end, you need to click on open, and further browse the file where you have pasted the company file.
Read it also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Payroll Most Common Errors?
Errors and glitches in QuickBooks are surely annoying, so it is crucial to try eliminating such errors. We expect that you might be able to get rid of the unrecoverable errors ‘xxxxx 00000‘ in QuickBooks software by incorporating the set of steps enumerated above. However, in case of any queries, you are backed by our QuickBooks Error Support team. You can get on a call with us at +1-800-360-4183 and discuss your queries with our technical support team.
FAQs Related to QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error
Receiving unrecoverable error in QuickBooks is possible when opening or working in QuickBooks Desktop. The most common reasons why you get an unrecoverable error are Microsoft windows or QuickBooks updates.
When you see an unrecoverable error, it means that QuickBooks closed unexpectedly. You can see this issue when opening or closing a file.
This usually indicates that a paycheck is pending. You need to simply right-click the employee option and further choose to delete the paycheck. Now close and reopen QuickBooks and try to run payroll again.
You can try fixing the issue by:
1. Opening QuickBooks with all windows closed
2. Using a different QuickBooks user
3. Creating a new windows admin
4. Opening a sample company file
Other Recommended Articles: