QuickBooks Web Connector (QBWC) is an application that allows qbXML and qbposXML to pass between a Web-based application and QuickBooks financial software as well as Point of Sale. Since the communications of all sorts are initiated by the QuickBooks Web Connector error running on the same system as QuickBooks, the opening of firewall ports is not recommended. Communication with Web services can be consequently planned or basically be started at the client’s comfort. However, QuickBooks web connector can at times tend to show some sort of errors, one of which is QuickBooks web connector error QBWC1085.
In this article, we will try to elaborate this error further along with the ways in which you can try to eliminate it successfully. Thus, make sure to stick around till the end, or in case you need our assistance at any point in time, give us a call at ++1-800-360-4183, and our team of certified QuickBooks professionals will ensure to answer all your queries immediately.
You might find this helpful: QuickBooks File Doctor Tool – Download, Install & Use
What is QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085?
QuickBooks Web connector error QBWC1085 is seen when the log file named QWCLOG.TXT gets damaged or corrupt. You can experience this error when opening QuickBooks or when starting your computer. It further indicates WebConnector log file not working. It appears on the screen with the following warning messages:
QBWC1085: QuickBooks was unable to write to the log file. QuickBooks will open without writing to log file.
Exception TypeError: Unknown name
QBWC1085: There was a problem with the log file. QuickBooks Web Connector will continue without the log file.
Web Connector lets you to connect some web based programs to QuickBooks. In case you have not connected QuickBooks to any third-party programs, then remove the web connector from the startup menu.
QuickBooks Web Connector XML Web Services are also accessible by adding service reference same as it is done with other WCF services (windows communication foundation). Thus, if any sort of references added, the latest .net framework version will be targeted. Web references can still be included for applications created in earlier visual studio versions that target 2.0 version of .net framework.
Similar Article: How to Fix QuickBooks Error PS077 or PS032?
Process to add new web service with QuickBooks Web Connector
Adding new web service is as simple as downloading the file. Users of Quicken’s online banking functions will quickly recognize the interface because it was based upon the Quicken One Action Update feature.
The QuickBooks web connector is usable with any of the QB desktop product that QB SDK or QBPOS SDK supports along with:
- For the US versions of accounting software such as simple start (2006 and above), pro (2002 and above), premier (2002 or above), enterprise solutions, QuickBooks POS (v4 or above) etc.
- For Canadian QuickBooks pro, premier, enterprise versions (2003 and above)
- And For the UK edition of QB pro or accountant edition (2003 and above)
An installer for the QuickBooks Web connector software is available to every person as a free download from the QuickBooks web connector download web page. Developers may refer their clients to this web page or redistribute the installer to their clients.
What is QuickBooks Web Connector Error Code QBWC1085 or Exception TypeError?
This is a log file .QBwebconnector issue that should be taken care of immediately. Error messages like these pop up in the situation when a user logs into QuickBooks and attempts to access the file which is already opened by someone having new QuickBooks release.
Owing to this issue:
When you open your QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions then you see one of these errors:
- You may fail to write to the log
- QuickBooks opens without writing to log file
- The web connector functions in absence of log file
- The QuickBooks web connector will continue without the log file
See this also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6073?
What leads to QBWC1085 in QuickBooks?
You can end up in such an error due to the following factors:
- When QBWCLOG.TXT file of the web connector gets damage.
- Another possible reason can be if you are unable to access the QBWCLOG.TXT file of the web connector.
- You can further end up in such an error if QuickBooks is unable to write the web connector log file.
- Be prepared for the same issue if you didn’t connect to the third-party programs with QuickBooks.
- Moreover, if there are any kind of damage to the components of QB web connector, you can land into similar issue.
Signs and Symptoms of QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085
The below discussed signs and symptoms can help you in identifying the QuickBooks web connector error QBWC1085.
- In case the functions of the web connector program are not working properly.
- Another indication can be if the QuickBooks is not functioning in a proper manner.
- In case you sense a freeze error with QuickBooks, then it is probable to experience QuickBooks web connector error QBWC1085.
- Also, if you are not getting response from windows, then it can indicate this error.
Troubleshooting steps to Fix QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085
Resolve Errors to Fix QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085:
- Web connector lets you to connect some web-based programs to QuickBooks
- If you have not attached QuickBooks to any type of third-party programs, after that you can simply remove web connector from the Start-up menu
- If you have connected your data file to a third-party application that utilizes Web connector, then you would certainly look for Web Connector to remain in the Startup menu
- In this situation, you can rename the QWCLOG.TXT file to deal with the error
If you have not connected your company data to a third-party program. Comply with the basic action as listed below mentioned-
Condition 1: When you are connected to data through a third-party application in the web browser
- Close QuickBooks and web connector
- Find log by following file path: C:/ProgramData/Intuit/QBWebconnector/log (for MS windows vista, 7 and 8)
- Follow path C:/documents & settings/all users/application data Intuit/QBwebconnector/log (for windows XP)
- Then, change the name of “qbclog.txt” file to “qbclog.txl.old”
- Now, restart web connector
- Restart your computer, open QuickBooks and sign-in to a third-party application.
Condition 2: When you haven’t connected to data through a third-party application
- Sign in to QuickBooks as admin
- Check the log by following path: C://programdata/microsoft/windows/start menu/program/startup (for window vista, 7 and 8)
- Follow path: /documents & settings/all users/start menu/program/startup (For windows xp)
- Format QuickBooks web connector files
- Restart your computer and open QuickBooks.
Condition 3: If you have connected your company data with the third party application through Web Connector
- At first, close your QuickBooks and Web Connector
- Go to C://Program Data/Intuit
- Click on QBWebConnector
- Hit a click on log
- Rename the QWCLOG.TXT to QWCLOGOLD.TXT
- Reopen the Web Connector
- Reboot your computer system once
- Open QuickBooks and login to your third-party application
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Desktop Update Errors?
If you still receive QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085, then try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Open the Run window by pressing Windows and R keys on your keyboard.
- Type MSConfig in the open box and then hit the OK button at the bottom left.
- After the System Configuration window opens, click on the Startup tab.
- Scroll down to find the QuickBooks web connector and check the checkbox.
- Click Apply and then OK button.
- Next, restart your computer for changes to save and open QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions and see if the QuickBooks web connector error continues.
Note: By following the all above given steps your computer will start without getting any error. Also now you will be able to sync successfully with any of your third-party application.
We hope that you find this blog helpful in Fix QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085. In case the issue persists or you require an expert, you can always reach our QuickBooks technical support team at ++1-800-360-4183. We will be more pleased to help you out in your all accounting related concerns.
FAQs Related to QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085
You can try fixing the QBWX1085 error by performing the steps enumerated below:
1. At first, identify the QuickBooks web connector icon on the taskbar.
2. You now have to right click on it and further click on exit.
3. Once done with that, navigate to QuickBooks web connector directory.
4. Also, right click the QWCLOG.txt file and also click on rename tab.
5. You now have to change the name to QWCLOGOLD.txt.
6. Lastly, restart the web connector program to generate a new QWCLOG.txt file.
In case you get an error message that states “QuickBooks web connector has stopped working”, then uninstall the existing version and re-install a fresh version.
QuickBooks web connector is a Microsoft Windows application that enables web services to exchange data with QuickBooks desktop products.
The log file will show you both the QBXML request and the response sent between QuickBooks desktop and QBWC server.
You may also like: