As we all know that to install QuickBooks on any computer system, we required to fill out the product code and license number to for software validation. The secret code that consists of the information is always encrypted and very secured. You may find some issues while adding the QuickBooks license to activate your software. These errors occurs when the encrypted files get damaged or missing. then how can we get rid from QuickBooks license error.
In this blog we are going to discuss about the QuickBooks License Error that comes after cloning. This is a common error and can be fix easily with the help of few troubleshooting steps. However, our QuickBooks enterprise support team is always there to help you.
You might also see: Resolve QuickBooks unable to export to excel error
Know the features of QuickBooks Desktop
Some of the features of the QuickBooks are below:
- Tax filing
- Online Payments
- Generate Invoice
- Generate Employee’s Payroll
- Create expense, income, & purchase reports
Understand QuickBooks License Error after Clone
QuickBooks installation process requires license number & product code for the complete validation process. The QuickBooks files that contain the information are always encrypted and when this encrypted file is missing or damaged, the “QuickBooks License Error” occurs.
Few Tips and Tricks to solve the problem
The QuickBooks License Error can be solved by removing the file EntitlementDataStore.ecml which might be damaged. By performing this task, you can resolve the following problems or errors:-
- Reconfiguration Error of QuickBooks desktop
- Disabled Online Sync Licensed Data
- QuickBooks Error: “You must subscribe to accountant’s copy file transfer service”
- Error Code 3371: Could not initialize license properties
- QB Error Message: QuickBooks is not registered. This issue will make the user unable to use Online Banking
Read Also: Ways to Solve QuickBooks Error QBW32.exe
What Causes the License Error during the QuickBooks activation?
Check out the possible reasons due to which QuickBooks License Error after clone appears:
- When the MSXML component & dat are damage which are essential to run the QuickBooks Desktop
- dat – It is an installation file which holds the license information. The license information contains by this file is validated before the QuickBooks starts. When the QBregistration.dat file is either damaged or corrupt, the QuickBooks will not open
- MSXML component – MSXML component is a Microsoft feature that helps the QuickBooks to recover or retrieve the details/information in the Qbregistration.dat, and thereby allows the QB to start
- When Operating system (OS) of your computer is outdated
- While QuickBooks file/files are blocked by system security or antivirus program
- Make sure to save .QBO file before importing it
You may also like: How to Resolve Unrecoverable Error in QuickBooks Desktop?
Steps to Fix QuickBooks License Error after cloning?
Check out the systematic steps to resolve the QuickBooks license error after clone:
1: End tasks in task manager
The user can try to perform the below steps by heading to the task manager and end the unnecessary tasks to eliminate such an error in QuickBooks.
- Initially, the user needs to shut down the QuickBooks desktop software.
- After that press Ctrl +Shift +Esc keys
- Also, open task manager.
- This will open a list of process
- Right-click on it and select end task.
- Now, head to the entitlement data folder.
- And then click on the run option
- Now, type in the file destination C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 (or v6). Hit enter key on your keyboard.
- The next step is to right-click on the ECML file and select delete.
- And then eliminate the ECML file, and open the company file and register the QuickBooks software.
2: Steps to Update Windows to Resolve QuickBooks license error
One can simply update the windows operating system to get rid of such an error in QuickBooks. At times an outdated operating system can also trigger such an error in QuickBooks.
3: Update QuickBooks
- Here, the user needs to launch the QuickBooks desktop
- And also, click on the help menu.
- Once done with that select the Update QuickBooks.
- A list of versions will appear in front of you.
- Select the very latest version with critical fixes.
- After the update is complete, reboot the computer.
4: Run QuickBooks file doctor
- The user is will have to download the QuickBooks Tool Hub software
- After that, launch the tool by clicking the desktop icon.
- From the home page, head to the Programs tab.
- Also, click on the run QuickBooks file doctor button.
- The file doctor will start.
- This will identify and eliminate the issue successfully
5: Perform a QuickBooks Clean install
- The first step is to launch QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- After that head to the Installation issues tab from the left pane.
- Also, click the clean install tool button.
- The clean installation will begin.
6: Provide QuickBooks the admin rights
- At first, right-click the QuickBooks desktop icon.
- Go for the run as an administrator option. If prompted by a warning message, select yes.
You may also read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code H505?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is QuickBooks tool hub?
QuickBooks tool hub is a one-stop solution for all the tools required for dealing with QuickBooks-related issues. This tool hub can be easily accessed from Intuit’s official website and can be used to access tools like file doctor, install diagnostic, etc.What is clean install tool?
Intuit offers a bunch of tools to help QuickBooks users to deal with errors that might appear when working on the software, one such tool is the QuickBooks clean install tool.How can I get a license number for the free trials?
It should be noted that using QuickBooks for a free trial does not require a license number. Also, one can use the free trial version for 30 days but then you would be needing a license number afterward.Where is the QuickBooks license file located?
Well, the QuickBooks license file can be found at: C:/Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\INET.
Apply all the steps given below in a sequential manner to resolve the QuickBooks License Error after Clone..! In case, if the error persists – we recommend you to contact the certified QuickBooks support technician. For an instant help, you can dial their toll-free helpline number i.e. +1-800-360-4183. Our QuickBooks error support team is always there to help you out every possible manner..!
Other helpful resources:
Some FAQs Related to QuickBooks License Error
QuickBooks license error occurs when there is an issue with the activation of your QuickBooks software. This error can be resolved by making sure that you have a valid and active QuickBooks license, updating your software to the latest version, and checking for any network connectivity issues. If the error persists, you can reach out to QuickBooks support at +1-800-360-4183 for assistance.
This error message typically indicates that your QuickBooks license has reached its expiration date. To resolve this issue, you can renew your license by contacting QuickBooks sales at +1-800-360-4183. If you have already renewed your license, it may be necessary to reactivate QuickBooks by following the steps provided in the activation wizard.
To verify the authenticity of your QuickBooks license, you can check the license agreement and product number provided with the software. If you have any doubts or concerns, you can reach out to QuickBooks support at +1-800-360-4183 for assistance.
If you have lost your QuickBooks license key, you can retrieve it by logging into your Intuit account or by contacting QuickBooks support at +1-800-360-4183. They will assist you in retrieving your license information.
The number of computers you can install QuickBooks on with one license varies based on the type of license you have purchased. A single-user license allows for installation on one computer, while a multi-user license allows for installation on multiple computers. For more information on the specific number of computers you can install QuickBooks on, you can contact QuickBooks support at +1-800-360-4183.