As we all know that to install QuickBooks on any computer system, we required to fill out the product code and license number to for software validation. The secret code that consists of the information is always encrypted and very secured. You may find some issues while adding the QuickBooks license to activate your software. These errors occurs when the encrypted files gets damaged or missing.
In this blog we are going to discuss about the QuickBooks License Error that comes after cloning. This is a common error and can be fix easily with the help of few troubleshooting steps. However, our QuickBooks enterprise support team is always there to help you.
You might also see: Resolve QuickBooks unable to export to excel error
Know the features of QuickBooks Desktop
Some of the features of the QuickBooks are below:
- Tax filing
- Online Payments
- Generate Invoice
- Generate Employee’s Payroll
- Create expense, income, & purchase reports
Understand QuickBooks License Error after Clone
QuickBooks installation process requires license number & product code for the complete validation process. The QB files that contain the information are always encrypted and when this encrypted file is missing or damaged, the “QuickBooks License Error” occurs.
Few Tips & Tricks to solve the problem
The QuickBooks License Error can be solved by removing the file EntitlementDataStore.ecml which might be damaged. By performing this task, you can resolve the following problems or errors:-
- QB Reconfiguration Error
- Disabled Online Sync Licensed Data
- QuickBooks Error: “You must subscribe to accountant’s copy file transfer service”
- Error Code 3371: Could not initialize license properties
- QB Error Message: QuickBooks is not registered. This issue will make the QB user unable to use Online Banking
What Causes the License Error during the QuickBooks activation?
Check out the possible reasons due to which QuickBooks License Error after clone appears:
- When the MSXML component & dat is damaged which are essential to run the QuickBooks Desktop
- dat – It is an installation file which holds the license information. The license information contains by this file is validated before the QuickBooks starts. When the QBregistration.dat file is either damaged or corrupt, the QuickBooks will not open.
- MSXML component – MSXML component is a Microsoft feature that helps the QuickBooks to recover or retrieve the details/information in the Qbregistration.dat, and thereby allows the QB to start.
- When Operating system (OS) of your computer is outdated.
- While QuickBooks file/files are blocked by system security or antivirus program.
- Make sure that .QBO file is saved before importing it.
Read Also: Ways to Solve QuickBooks Error QBW32.exe
Steps to Fix QuickBooks License Error after cloning?
Check out the systematic steps to resolve the QuickBooks license error after clone:
- First of all,close the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- After that, Ensure that the entire QuickBooks process is stopped.
- Now Hit the ‘Ctrl+Shift+Esc‘ keys on your keyboard.
- Navigate to the ‘Task Manager‘
- In the list of processes look for the instances of ‘EXE‘.
- After that, Choose the instance & hit the ‘End Task‘.
- Go to the entitlement data folder.
- Navigate to “Run”
- Then, go to the ‘C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 (or v6)’ and press ‘Enter‘ key.
- Perform right – click on the ‘ecml file‘ & choose ‘Delete‘ button.
- Once the ecml file deleted, open the company file & register the application.
Ensure that the QuickBooks installation isn’t damaged by updating the Windows Operating System. To do so, follow below-given steps:
- Firstly, choose the ‘Windows All Programs‘ & ‘Windows Update‘.
- Finally hit ‘Install QuickBooks‘, when the all the updates are installed.
Apply all the steps given below in a sequential manner to resolve the QuickBooks License Error after Clone..! In case, if the error persists – we recommend you to contact the certified QuickBooks support technician.
Other helpful resources: