Struggling with QuickBooks Error PS033 and can’t find the right way to eliminate it? Well, if that is the case, you simply need to stick around to this piece of writing, as we share the complete information related to PS033 error in detail. The QuickBooks PS033 error usually occurs when CPS folder has a damaged file. This error makes it difficulty to download the latest payroll updates and thus, you might fail to open the company file.
To explore further about the QuickBooks payroll update error PS033 continue reading this article. On the other hand, if you feel the need for QuickBooks payroll technical support, then feel free to give us a call at +1-800-360-4183, and our certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors will help you with all your queries.
You might also like: How to Fix QuickBooks error code 6069?
What is QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS033?
QuickBooks payroll update error PS033 usually appears with a dialog box that states: QuickBooks can’t read your payroll settup files. You can experience an error when opening the company file or if you do not have enough set of permissions to access it. This error can further restrict you from accessing the company file. There can be a couple of factors triggering such an error in QuickBooks, which we will be elaborating later in this segment.
Causes of QuickBooks Payroll Error PS033
Here are the common causes that may cause this Error:
- Non-activation of the Payroll Subscription
- Inactive Direct Deposit agreement has more than one active payroll
- Damaged ini QuickBooks Desktop File
- QB data is damaged.
- QuickBooks version is not updated.
- Incorrect Service Key.
- Invalid or incorrect Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Incorrect company file PSID
- Current Windows version and QuickBooks Desktop are not compatible. (Note: Check what versions of QuickBooks are supported on Windows 10)
- If status on QuickBooks Desktop appears as Invalid number or EIN.
Note: If your Payroll subscription is deactivated, even then there is a possibility for the errors to occur.
Signs and Symptoms of QuickBooks Error PS033
The user can identfiy the error code PS033 using the signs and symptoms below:
- In case the error pops up on the screen directly.
- Another sign can be of QuickBooks payroll updates are not downloading or installing in a proper manner.
- Trying to run payroll or access employee information and fail to do so.
- QuickBooks payroll functions are not wworking as expected.
You may also like: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code Skipped 111?
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code PS033?
To resolve QuickBooks Payroll PS033 error, follow the below given steps:
Solution 1: Download the Latest payroll updates
Outdated payroll can often trigger an error in QuickBooks. Thus, we recommend you to update your payroll to the latest release using the set of steps below:
- At first, open QuickBooks Desktop Software.
- Once done with that, choose the Employees > Get Payroll Updates.
- Choose Download entire payroll update.
- Select Update option.
Check if problem is resolved or not. If it is not resolved, then move to the next step.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks error code 15218?
Solution 2: Rename the QuickBooks CPS folder
One of the major factors causing such an error in QuickBooks is when the CPS folder gets damaged. Thus, it is recommended to try renaming QuickBooks CPS folder using the set of steps below. Let us have a look:
- At first, you need to close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Locate the following location: C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 20QQ\ Components\Payroll\CPS.
- QQ in the above step is for reference to the yearly edition such as 2018, 2017, 2016
- Open the CPS folder using the above location.
- Further rename the CPS folder to CPSOLD and check whether the problem is solved or not.
- The last step is to update Payroll Tax Table and check if the issue is rectified.
Solution 3: Disable User Account Control (UAC)
It is applicable for UAC settings change (Windows 10, 8.1, 8 and 7). The user accounts control enables user to secure the system by created restricted access to certain programs that could harm the operating system. This issue can further prevent other users from accessing the programs and can further enhance the privilege for specific computing tasks. You can try performing the below steps to configure user accounts control settings in windows.
- Initially, you need to navigate to the start menu.
- Further, in the search bar type control panel and further right click the same to open it.
- You now have to locate the user accounts and also click on the ok tab to proceed.
- The next step is to head to the change user account control settings that are visible below the heading make changes to the user account.
- Once done with that, carry out the necessary changes by toggling the switch to never notify.
- Also, click on ok tab.
- And this action will deactivate UAC.
- The last step is to toggle the switch to Always Notify and further click on ok tab. This action will reactivate the UAC. Also, reboot your PC to save changes.
Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks payroll error PS060?
Solution 4: Reboot and troubleshoot in safe mode
Corrupted company file can trigger a bunch of errors in QuickBooks. However, these errors can be fixed by using the verify and rebuild data in QuickBooks. The verify utility locates the core issue, whereas, the rebuild data utility ensures to fix the issue about the data accuracy in company file.
Step 1: Run Verify utility in QuickBooks
- Firstly of all, you need to close all windows.
- Further, move to the file menu and further click on utilities option in the file menu.
- The next step is to click on verify data.
- And if the data present in the company file is not affected, then it is possible that you might not come across the issue again. Whereas, if not, then proceed with the rebuild data utility feature.
Step 2: Run Rebuild Utility in QuickBooks
- Under this method, you need to initially open QuickBooks from the desktop.
- Further, navigate to the file menu and also you might find utilities option inside the menu.
- Once done with that run rebuild data utility.
- And also, click on ok tab when asked to store a backup.
- Head to the desired backup location and further click on ok tab.
- In case asked to, replace an already saved backup and select No tab.
- Also, save the backup file with a new name and click on save to confirm.
- After the backup procedure ends, rebuild utility launches itself.
- You will have to click on ok tab when the repair process is complete.
Towards the end, we believe that the user might be able to rectify the payroll update error PS033. However, if there is any issue with or if the error continues to trouble you, then in that scenario, do not hesitate in connecting with us using our QuickBooks error support number i.e. +1-800-360-4183. Our experts will help you resolve the error.
See some other helpful articles:
Some FAQs regarding QuickBooks PS033 Error:
QuickBooks PS033 error is an error code that typically occurs when you try to download the latest payroll updates or open a company file. This error can occur due to a variety of reasons, including issues with the QuickBooks software, the company file, or your computer’s settings.
There are several potential fixes for the QuickBooks PS033 error, depending on the underlying cause. Some common solutions include verifying your payroll subscription, resetting your QuickBooks updates, and checking for and repairing any damage to your company file. It’s important to follow the specific instructions provided by QuickBooks support or a qualified technician to ensure a proper fix.
While there’s no guaranteed way to prevent the QuickBooks PS033 error from happening again, there are some best practices you can follow to minimize the risk. These include regularly backing up your company file, keeping your QuickBooks software up-to-date with the latest updates and patches, and ensuring that your computer meets the minimum system requirements for QuickBooks.
If you’ve tried all of the recommended fixes for the QuickBooks PS033 error and are still experiencing issues, it may be time to reach out to QuickBooks support or a qualified technician for further assistance. They can help diagnose the underlying cause of the error and provide more advanced solutions to resolve it. It’s important to avoid making any major changes or modifications to your QuickBooks software or company file without professional guidance, as this could potentially cause further issues or data loss.