QuickBooks offers an amazing tool that helps the users in creating payroll computations with much ease. Getting QuickBooks Payroll subscription with QuickBooks software is highly beneficial for the employees in managing pay checks and focusing on various other aspects of the business. But there can be situations when the user might encounter certain errors, while using payroll. If the user is getting an error message “Current Enhanced Payroll Service is Unavailable”, then the error code PS060 can be the reason. This error can be seen much often while using the payroll service in QuickBooks.
If you are also facing QuickBooks payroll error PS060, then this article can be a savior for you. In today’s article, we will be discussing the relevant causes, as well as the quick fixes to the error code PS060. However, if you want an expert team to resolve the issue for you, then in that case, you can simply make a call at our toll-free number i.e. 1-844-405-0907, and our QuickBooks payroll support executives and certified professionals will help you in getting rid of the issue in no time.
What is QuickBooks error code PS060?
QuickBooks Error PS060 is a common error that the accounting software users may receive. An error message “Current Enhanced Payroll Service is Unavailable” might pop up on the screen, disrupting the smooth working of payroll. Though this error is not very critical, it is not very easy to fix it either. Besides, you will not be able to access QuickBooks until you get this payroll error taken care of.
What leads to Payroll Error PS060
No single factor leads to this type of error, which means that there are more than one reasons that might end up causing QuickBooks error code PS060. In order to fix this error, it is necessary to know the root cause of this error. We have listed below the factors causing error code PS060. Let us have a look:
Note: A major cause to trigger this error is settings with the expiry date. QuickBooks Payroll periodically checks the expiration date of the subscription by connecting to QuickBooks. Your billing information should be updated to keep accessing QuickBooks accounting software without any hassle.
- This error may show up on the screen if Intuit’s server is down
- Intuit doesn’t offer support to old versions of QuickBooks. This payroll error might also be seen, in case of old version of payroll
- There can be situation, when the third party security software might block QuickBooks
- Malicious software such as Virus and Malware may also cause Payroll Error PS060
Important Points to Consider
Before you start with the fixation steps, it is important to keep the following pointers in mind. Let us have a look:
- It is important to have a stable internet connection before you perform the solution steps.
- Another important point is to always use QuickBooks in single-user mode when trying to update it.
- Moreover, if there is inactive payroll subscription, hen make sure to fix it soon
- Ensure that the system displays the correct date and time
- You should set the internet explorer as the default browser
How to resolve QuickBooks payroll error PS060?
If the error is caused by billing and subscription setting, you can follow the given steps to fix it:
Solution 1: Change billing and subscription settings
- First of all, Open “My Account“ section
- Select the company you want to make “Edits“ or modifications to
- Go to “billing section“ and click on “Edit” option
- Verify the information and make corrections and amendments
- Click “Save“ and close in order to update payment information
- Check if billing details are correct by seeing a preview of the same
- Finally Save changes and log out
Solution 2: Wait for the server response
In case the error is caused due to server issue of Intuit, then the user will be required to have some patience and wait until the website server of Intuit starts working once again.
Solution 3: Download and install latest version of software
The error code might also be caused due to outdated version QuickBooks or payroll, then in that case the user is supposed to download and install the latest payroll as well as QuickBooks desktop software update.
Also See: Difference Between QuickBooks Merchant Services and QuickBooks Online Support
Solution 4: Check the settings of 3rd party software
If the reason behind the error is any sort of third party application interference or any kind of malware infection, then in that case, the user is supposed to get the entire ADPS scanned. The problem can also be resolved by the customer support.
Solution 5: Check for connectivity issues
Check if your computer is connected to the internet. Internet connectivity issue is one of the most common causes behind the occurrence of this error. Speak to your internet service provider if it can’t be fixed at your end. The steps to be performed here are as follows:
- Start the process by opening the internet explorer and try to access a safe website
- In case you access the website successfully then head to the steps below
- In case the error occurs when accessing the website, then check the internet connection settings for any misconfiguratons
- Make sure that the date and time are set correctly on the system
- And now, open the internet explorer
- Followed by selecting the tools tab
- And also, choose the internet options
- The user will then have to click on the option reset/restore default under the advanced menu
- The last step is to click on apply and hit ok tab
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code C=88?
Solution 6: Clean junk files from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and go to Internet Options
- Open Browsing History and click Delete in General tab
- Check on the boxes for Website Files and Temporary Internet Files
- Press Delete button and then OK to confirm
Solution 7: Repair QuickBooks desktop using tool hub
- The user needs to first download the QuickBooks tool hub
- After that move to the downloads and then run QuickBookstoolhub.exe file
- Now, agree to the terms and conditions presented by the software installer.
- Once done with that run it from the start menu or use the desktop icon
- The user will then have to select the program installation issues tab and also click on Quick fix my program tool
- After that let the tool run and repair the general issues with the QuickBooks installation
- The user needs to now run the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool from the same window
- Let the tool repair the installation issues
- And then, run QuickBooks and payroll in it to see if the issue gets resolved
Solution 8: Flush DNS using command prompt
- The user needs to press windows + R
- And then, the run window appears
- After that, enter cmd in the text box
- Followed by pressing enter tab and in the black color comand prompt window, enter ipconfig/flushdns
- Hit enter tab and try to use the payroll once again and if you get the same payroll update error, then try other methods.
Implementing any of the above stated methods might help the users to fix QuickBooks Payroll Error PS060. However, if by any chance none of the methods work in your favor, then in that case, the user can get in touch with our experts, or speak to our 24×7 QuickBooks error support experts team at +1-844-405-0907 for quick and precise solutions.
Some FAQs Related to QuickBooks payroll error PS060
To fix the payroll errors, one needs to perform the steps below:
1. The very first step is to click on the help menu
2. After that, select about QuickBooks
3. Once done with that press Ctrl + Alt + Y and then click on next tab
4. The user is then required to choose the employee that was underpaid in the employee summary information window
5. Now, double click the employee’s name
6. And review the ytd adjustment details
7. The last step is to click on ok tab
You can reset the payroll which will undo the payroll data saved. The steps to be performed are:
1. The first step is to head to the employee tab and then choose the pay employees
2. Now, choose scheduled payroll or unscheduled payroll
3. The next step is to choose resume scheduled payroll
4. After that right click the employee’s name that is highlighted in yellow
5. The last step is to choose revert paychecks
To resolve QuickBooks Error PS060, you can try updating the payroll tax tables manually. If the problem persists, you can contact our QuickBooks Payroll Support team at +1-844-405-0907 for assistance.
Payroll errors in QuickBooks online occur when you have recently made changes to your payroll, like if you add a new employee or create a new pension scheme. This can be fixed by deleting the new employees before deleting the pay run. Once you’ve made changes to the final period of the final tax year, you can add the employees back in QuickBooks.
If you receive QuickBooks Error PS060 while updating payroll tax tables, you should immediately contact our QuickBooks Payroll Support team at +1-844-405-0907 for assistance. Our team of experts will assist you in resolving the issue quickly and efficiently.
Few other resources:
How to Fix QuickBooks error code 15102?
How to Fix QuickBooks payroll error code 15311?