Sometimes, QuickBooks software encounters unknown malefic error messages such as:-
R# (M=1153, L=133, C=88, V=28 (FFFFFFF4)
The ‘C’ errors or data error usually appear in the QBWin.log as shown in the above format. This error code is more likely to be seen in the older version as compared to the newer version. The QuickBooks Error Code C=88 (Problem Reading One or More of the Data Trees in the File) generally occur in the following circumstances:-
- While working on the QuickBooks software
- During using the authentic data within the company file
- When some data issue occurs
Under such situations, the QuickBooks Error Code C=88 appears repeatedly.
Intuit Inc. developed the QuickBooks software in the year 1983 to reduce time consumption & stress of accounting for businesses. Since then, it captured around 73% market of the United States in the sphere of accounting & bookkeeping solution.
You may also like: How to Fix Socket Error 10060 in QuickBooks Point of Sale?
What is the Meaning of Message Components?
M=1153: It stands for a module within the QuickBooks related with the error. This module endows technical support and programmer personnel with a frame of reference about the operation in progress at the time of the error.
L=133: The “L=133” stands for the line number on which the error encounters. This line number endows the details as to execute point in program execution. This is the point where error resulted in shut-down.
C=88: “C=88” stands for a specific error code. The fatal error messages containing “C=88” is a result of the data damage. This value usually appears when the QuickBooks doesn’t have any idea what to do with the damaged transaction.
V=28: when the error message contains “V=28”, it indicates that the technical support & programmer personnel may find useful in error resolution.
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 1311?
Reasons Behind of this QuickBooks Code C=88
Under a few conditions, C=88 error appear again and again in the same program location or function. It can be produced again and again.
Some of the reasons due to data file damages are given below:-
- Sudden drop out or surge in power
- System crash or abnormal shutdown
- Interruption caused due to the network
- Workstation or network has less resource. This may include:-
- Processor clock speed and/or memory (RAM), or Network interface (cards, cables, switch, router, etc.)
- Error C=88 can occur when you check the data within the company file and find any data related problem. Standard QuickBooks data repair methods are enough to repair your data.
Read this Also: How to Solve QuickBooks Payroll Error PS077 or Error PS032?
Fix QuickBooks Error Code C=88 (Problem Reading One or More of the Data trees in the File)
Below we have provided some quick tips and tricks to solve QuickBooks error code C=88. You need to follow each steps carefully to get rid of from the problem.
Situation 1: Fix Data damage
- Resort the lists
- Execute the “Rebuild Data Utility”
- Run the “Verify Data Utility”
- Check the error messages in the Qbwin.log file.
- Repeat again the step 1 – 5 again after resolving the error messages in the QBwin.log file.
Read this also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code C=272?
Situation 2: Low system/network resources
The above-mentioned troubleshooting steps should fix QuickBooks error code C=88 in most cases. You can also restart your system and server and see if the issue is fixed. That however may be a temporary fix and you may face the same error again. The following steps might help you prevent data damage caused by low resources on your system or network in the future.
- Increase or add more “RAM” (memory) on your systems and server. The amount of memory your systems require is parallel with the QuickBooks version you use and is run on your system.
- Make changes to the “processor clock speed”. Increase that on your workstation.
- Set all of your Network Interfaces to “Auto Detect” or “Auto Select”. If you are not comfortable performing this step, take help for a professional.
- If you use a hub, replace it with a switch with “1 gigabit port” for the server and “100 megabit ports” for the systems.
Situation 3: Clean Install QuickBooks
Clean installing QuickBooks simply means uninstalling and then installing the software again in order to fix installation issues. These issues can be causing QuickBooks Error Code C=88. Here are the steps involved in this process.
- The very first step is to open the file explorer.
- After that, head to the programs and features tab.
- The user needs to locate the .exe file.
- Once done with that, right-click on it and click on uninstall tab.
- The user is then required to head to the official website of Intuit.
- And download QuickBooks again.
- Perform the onscreen steps and then open the QuickBooks and log in using the license and product key.
Situation 4: Restore Companyy File Backup
In case your currently opened company file has data damage, then you can restore the backup. The steps to do that are as follows:
- The user needs to first open the QuickBooks software and then head to the file menu.
- After that, click on open or restore company.
- The user needs to click on restore a backup copy.
- And click on next tab.
- Also, click on local backup option.
- The next step is to click on next tab.
- Locate the backup on the system. And the company file backup will be stored with the .qbb extension.
- The user needs to now choose the folder where the restored company file will be stored.
- Also, click on open.
- After you have performed all the above steps, hit save.
- In case an overwriting prompt appears, go for whichever option best suits you.
- Ensure not to overwrite unless necessary.
Situation 5: Run QuickBooks File Doctor
The file doctor tool identifies and resolves damages to any QuickBooks components without hassle or much effort. The steps to run this tool are as follows:
- The user needs to first shut down QuickBooks, in case it is open.
- After that, download and install the QuickBooks tool hub from the official Intuit website.
- The user is then required to right-click and open the tool.
- Also, head to the company file issues tab.
- And click on Run QuickBooks file doctor. Press okay if it prompts you to ask for backing up.
- Once the backup of the company file is created, the tool will start scanning on its own.
- The process might be time-consuming.
- The damages will be resolved once the tool completes scanning
It might be possible that you find the above-shown steps a little time taking…! If you require a professional service to solve this error – we suggest you to contact our QuickBooks Data Recovery Customer Service team.
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 1712?
Our Intuit Certified ProAdvisors provides a premium QuickBooks desktop support team that provides instant support with the help of advanced edge-cutting tools and technology. So, get in touch with us today through our toll-free number i.e. +1-844-405-0907. We are available round the clock with 24 hour of customer service.
The user can fix the rebuild errors using the steps below:
1. Open QuickBooks.
2. Go to the file menu.
3. Select utilities.
4. Tap on rebuild data utility.
5. This tool will resolve the rebuild error.
Installation errors are often experienced when installing QuickBooks. They can be fixed using the steps below:
1. Install diagnostic tool.
2. Download and run the QuickBooks tool hub.
3. Run QB file doctor.
4. Clean and install QuickBooks in select startup mode.
QuickBooks offers various tools to deal with the errors that can be experienced when working on the software. One such tool is the QuickBooks file doctor tool. This tool comes in handy in case there are any sort of company file or QuickBooks-related file-associated issues. This tool can be easily accessed from Intuit website or via the QuickBooks tool hub.
People Also Like: