QuickBooks, being the most preferred accounting software, is loaded with tons of features and functionalities. However, these functionalities trigger different technical glitches here and there. Users often panic when they come across a different set of errors. If that is the case with you, then you need not worry anymore. We have drafted this segment with the sole intention of helping you deal with the QuickBooks Error Code C=51. This isn’t a commonly encountered error, but can be a bit troublesome. This particular error can block your screen to warn you when QuickBooks is unable to find the TxList. You can witness the same error even at the time of working on transactions in QuickBooks company file.
To unleash the causes, fixes, and further information about the QuickBooks error code C=51, stick around this piece of writing. Or you can further get on a call with our QuickBooks tech personnel at +1-844-318-0008, and they will clear all your clouds of confusion.
Insight into QuickBooks Error Code C=51
Before you dig in deep and explore further about this issue, it is more sensible to get a brief about what this is all about. QuickBooks error code C=51 usually gets displayed on the screen with a notification:
“QuickBooks is not able to find the TxList file”.
This type of error can also be seen when the user tries to get rid of txList from txLists list, but QuickBooks is unable to find it. The user might also encounter this type of error message while they are removing a transaction file from any report. You can further observe such an error when you try to delete the txList and are unable to identify it. In order to fix this issue, you might have to close this application, shut down the windows, or reboot the system. Other than that, if you have also stumbled upon Error code C=51 and are looking for an instant solution, continue reading this segment carefully.
Read Also: How to fix QuickBooks error code C=272?
What factors cause QuickBooks error code C=51?
You can come across such an error in QuickBooks due to the below scribbled reasons:
- Any sort of issue with QuickBooks verification or QuickBooks rebuild error can trigger this particular glitch in QuickBooks.
- The probability of coming across this issue increases if the company file gets damaged for some reason.
- You can further land into such a situation, if the QuickBooks database is corrupted or damaged.
- Be prepared to bump into such an error if there are issues with updating QuickBooks desktop.
Perform these quick steps to fix the error:
When QuickBooks error code C=51 occurs, it stops your QuickBooks functioning. Also, this error can delete your important data files so we recommend you create a backup of your company files. Below we have shared a few quick steps to resolve this error. However, you can correct this error with the help of our QuickBooks data recovery support team.
- When you face this error, you need to turn off your QuickBooks desktop.
- After that terminate all running windows within QuickBooks.
- Once done with that, the user is supposed to restart the QB software.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to repeat the action in which the C=51 error was received.
- Verify in QuickBooks release 7 or later versions or Verify and Rebuild data.
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000?
Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code C=51
Required Files that recover and resolve all QuickBooks data files immediately.
- First of all, the user needs to have the Corrupted QuickBooks Data file (.QBW).
- The transaction Log files (.TLG – in the same folder where the corrupted data QBW file is situated.
- Any older backup of a QB data files (.QBW, .QBB or .QBM).
Solution 1: Repair your Data Files
- To troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code c=51 the very important step is repair your data file in the same versions of QuickBooks.
- You do not need to upgrade your version of QuickBooks to use the repaired data file.
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000, 301?
Solution 2: Rebuilt the Data
- To begin with, the user is required to exit the QuickBooks accounting software.
- The next step is to close all the windows within QuickBooks.
- Followed by again starting the QuickBooks.
- Once done with that, the user is required to repeat the action in which the C=51 error was encountered.
- For release 7 or later, rebuild the data in a format.
Note: The point to be noted is that the data recovery process is available for all files from all versions of QuickBooks. In order to use these repaired files, the user need not upgrade the QuickBooks version.
Solution 3: Use QuickBooks latest release version
- To resolve the error, you need to update your QuickBooks to latest release or use the same or latest version when a user tries to restore all backup files.
- In this way, a user will easily restore the backup files by its latest version in QuickBooks.
Remember: It should not be the older version.
See this also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 304?
Solution 4: Restore your backup
Restore all your backup files, and then copy it by pressing Ctrl +C keys into a new folder.
- The user needs to check the file size once the backup is created, and make sure the file size is not less than 6 MB.
- In order to check the file sizes and make sure that they are accurate, the user needs to right click the file and select Properties option.
- In case the file size is less than 6 MB, then the file is not a true backup file, the user now needs to create a new backup file from the working file.
Solution 5: Use QuickBooks File Doctor tool
- Many reasons are here that affect your company data file.
- The user needs to download and install the QuickBooks File Doctor. Identify and then prevent to solve QB corrupted company files.
Solution 6: Try to access the lost or deleted transactions
At times, the user might not be able to find a transaction or list of transactions that might have become inaccessible or got deleted by mistake. The user is suggested to restore the deleted or altered transactions. The user can perform the steps below related to using the audit trail report, which will show the transactions that have been entered in that particular company file.
- The very first step is to open the reports menu
- After that select the accountant and taxes, along with that click on the audit trail
- The next step is to restore the transactions that are lost as a consequences of a technical issue
Solution 7: Checking Network Connectivity
At times, the error could be experienced simply due to network connectivity issues. This might prevent the transactions from being downloaded. Thus, the user is suggested to check the internet connection, before starting the download process.
We expect that these troubleshooting steps might help the user to fix QuickBooks Error C=51. Sometimes by following above steps, the error might not get resolved and user may get frustrated. At this moment Hostdocket team can help you to get rid of these types of errors.
Feel free to consult with one of our experts at our QuickBooks premier technical support number i.e. +1-844-318-0008 and resolve all types of QB errors with the help of USA best accountants, CPA’s and Intuit Certified ProAdvisors. Don’t fret, ask expert advice by calling our helpline number that is available 24/7. We offer 24*7*365 services with a complete resolution guarantee within the stipulated time period.
Read Other Useful Resources:
QuickBooks error code C=51 indicates that the QuickBooks software is not able to find the TxList. This error could be viewed when the user tries to remove the transactions from a report but is unable to do.
You can try fixing the QuickBooks error C=51 using the steps below:
1. Update QuickBooks to the latest version.
2. Close all QuickBooks processes.
3. You can verify and rebuild data in QuickBooks
4. Restore the backup files to fix the issue.
5. Check the network connectivity.
The reasons behind the occurrence of QuickBooks error C=51 are as follows:
1. Interrupted network connection
2. Lost of deleted transactions
3. Damaged transactions