We all are aware of the fact that QuickBooks desktop is one of the most famous accounting software programs that is preferred by entrepreneurs worldwide. At times, a few technical errors come while using this software. We have come up with this article with an aim to discuss about the QuickBooks Error Code C=51, its causes, and its solutions.
If you are also facing any such error, then we recommend you to read this article carefully till the end.
Read Also: How to fix QuickBooks error code C=272?
Why this QuickBooks Error C=51 Occurs?
In general, QuickBooks error code C=51 gets displayed on the screen with a notification “QuickBooks is not able to find the TxList file“. This type of error can also be seen, when the user tries to get rid of txList from txLists list, but QuickBooks is unable to find it. The user might also encounter this type of error message while they are removing a transaction file from any report.
If you have also stumbled upon Error code C=51 and looking for an instant solution, don’t worry our QuickBooks support team has provided almost every possible solution to resolve this error in this article. However, you can also get in touch with our team of certified team, who have years of experience and expertise in fixing QB related bugs.
Perform these quick steps to fix the error:
When QuickBooks error code C=51 occurs it stops your QuickBooks to function. Also this error can delete your important data files so we recommend you to create a backup of your company files. Below we have shared few quick steps to resolve this error. However, you can correct this error with the help of our QuickBooks data recovery support team.
- When you facing this error you need to turn off your QuickBooks desktop.
- After that terminate all running windows within QuickBooks.
- Once done with that, the user is supposed to restart the QB software.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to repeat the action in which the C=51 error was received.
- Verify in QuickBooks release 7 or later versions or Verify and Rebuild data.
Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code C=51
Required Files that recover and resolve all QuickBooks data files immediately.
- First of all, the user needs to have the Corrupted QuickBooks Data file (.QBW).
- The transaction Log files (.TLG – in the same folder where the corrupted data QBW file is situated.
- Any older backup of a QB data files (.QBW, .QBB or .QBM).
Solution 1: Repair your Data Files
- To troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code c=51 the very important step is repair your data file in the same versions of QuickBooks.
- You do not need to upgrade your version of QuickBooks to use the repaired data file.
Read Also: How to solve QuickBooks Payroll Error 30114?
Solution 2: Rebuilt the Data
- To begin with, the user is required to exit the QuickBooks accounting software.
- The next step is to close all the windows within the QuickBooks.
- Followed by again starting the QuickBooks.
- Once done with that, the user is required to repeat the action in which the C=51 error was encountered.
- For release 7 or later, rebuild the data in a format.
Note: The point to be noted that, the data recovery process is available for all files from all version of QuickBooks. In order to use these repaired files, the user need not to upgrade the QuickBooks version.
Solution 3: Use QuickBooks latest release version
- To resolve the error you need to update your QuickBooks to latest release or use the same or latest version when a user tries to restore all backup files.
- In this way, a user will easily restore the backup files by its latest version in QuickBooks.
Remember: It should not be the older version.
Solution 4: Restore your backup
Restore all your backup files, and then copy it by pressing Ctrl +C keys into a new folder.
- The user needs to check the file size once the backup is created, and make sure the file size is not less than 6 MB.
- In order to check the file sizes and make sure that they are accurate, the user needs to right click the file and select Properties option.
- In case the file size is less than 6 MB, then the file is not a true backup file, the user now needs to create a new backup file from the working file.
Solution 5: Use QuickBooks File Doctor tool
- Many reasons are here that affects your company data file.
- The user needs to download and install the QuickBooks File Doctor. Identify and then prevent to solve QB corrupted company files.
We expect that these troubleshooting steps might help the user to fix QuickBooks Error C=51. Sometimes by following above steps, the error might not get resolved and user may get frustrated. At this moment Pro Accountant Advisor team can help you to get rid of these types of errors.
Feel free to consult with one of our experts at our QuickBooks premier technical support number i.e. +1-800-880-6389 and resolve all type of QB errors with the help of USA best accountants, CPA’s and Intuit Certified ProAdvisors. Don’t fret, ask expert advice by calling our helpline number that avails for 24/7. We offer 24*7*365 services with complete resolution guarantee within stipulated time period.
Read Other Useful Resources: