Trying to eliminate QuickBooks error code C=272 and can’t find the right way to do that? Well, QuickBooks error C=272 is often encountered when the user tries to run the verify and rebuild data utility in QuickBooks. This error isn’t commonly seen, which makes it a bit challenging to tackle for QuickBooks users. QuickBooks error C=272 is usually experienced when you run verify and rebuild data utility and it further shows an error message. As this error is related to the company file only, it is essential to ensure that there are no data damages before implementing the fixation steps for the same. There are a few reasons behind the occurrence of this issue, which include issues with the memorized reports, any sort of data issues, etc.
However, to make the procedure to eliminate the error C=272 in QuickBooks easier, here we are with this piece of information, sharing the causes and fixes to this error in detail. Thus, if you are interested in learning further about this error, make sure to read this article till the end. Or you can ring us at +1-800-360-4183, and we will provide you with the best support services immediately.
Read Also: What is QuickBooks Error Code C=343?
What Causes QuickBooks error code C=272?
Check out the causes of QuickBooks Error Code C=272 and here we have mentioned some of them below:-
- The QuickBooks Error Code C=272 may take place by data damage or if the QB software tries to move a report or report-like data
- QuickBooks software restarting and repeating the same action may not resolve the error code & it possibly pops up again. Due to this error, the QuickBooks data file probably gets damage or corrupt
- Error C=272 may also arise when 1099 & W2 forms (V6.OD R1 [M=1477, L5203, C=43, V=2(2)) are printed
- If running the memorized report was produced by an earlier QuickBooks version and could not convert appropriately
- The Verify or Rebuild utility stumbles upon a target “bit set” that is outside of the anticipated range
Steps to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code C=272
To fix this QuickBooks issue, first, try to open a QuickBooks sample company file if the data is corrupt. If the error persists, then immobilize the Windows compatibility mode.
Step 1: Open the QuickBooks sample company file
- First of all, Open QuickBooks and press and hold the “Ctrl” key on the keyboard.
- Whenever the “No Company Open” window appears, release the “Ctrl” key.
- If the error code arises before the “No Company Open” window appears, then proceed to the next step.
- Choose the “Open a sample file” in the “No Company Open” window. Hit onto any of the sample files in the list.
- Your QuickBooks company file may be distorted/ damaged if the sample company file opens without displaying any error code. Refer to “Verifying and rebuilding QuickBooks company data” or restore your QB company file from the backup.
- If the error appears while opening the sample company file, you may proceed with the next step to immobilize the Windows compatibility mode.
Step 2: In the QuickBooks desktop setting, immobilize the Windows compatibility mode through shortcut icons
- Perform right-click on QuickBooks shortcut icon on the Windows desktop, and then choose the “Properties” tab.
- Now, Hit on the “Compatibility” icon.
- Clear the checkbox “Run this program in compatibility mode”.
- After that Hit the “OK” tab and click the “Cancel” icon. Later, proceed with step 3, if that checkbox is still untick.
Step 3: Disable the Windows compatibility mode setting for the QBW32.EXE file
- Perform right-click on the “QuickBooks” icon on the Windows desktop
- Select the “Properties” tab
- Open the QuickBooks installation folder, select the “Shortcut” icon, and hit the “Find Target” option
- Press right-click on the QBW32.EXE & choose the “Properties” icon
- Select the “Compatibility” icon
- After that Clear the checkbox “Run this program in compatibility mode”
- Now click on the “OK” tab
- Choose the “Cancel” icon if that checkbox is still untick
- Shutdown the “Windows Explorer”
- Finally, turn off the QuickBooks desktop shortcut properties window
Related Article How to Solve QuickBooks Error Code C=88?
Step 4: Now Open QuickBooks & company file
- Finally, you need to open your QuickBooks software and the company file to ensure that the error is no more permanently.
I hope you find this article helpful and you have easily resolved QuickBooks error code c=272. If still having difficulties contact immediately to our QuickBooks error support team immediately at +1-800-360-4183.
We, Host Docket are the top-notch technical support and services provider around the world with thousands of award projects. We are proficient in solving QuickBooks errors associated with Data Recovery, Installation, Updates, and others. Our support executives will be happy to help you out with your all accounting-related issues.
Some FAQs Related to QuickBooks Error C=272
QuickBooks error C272 is a common error that can occur when attempting to open or use the QuickBooks software. It is typically arises due to issues with the company file or a problem with the software installation. Some users have also reported that the error may be related to their antivirus or firewall software.
There are several potential solutions for QuickBooks error C272, depending on the root cause. Some users have had success with repairing their QuickBooks installation or uninstalling and reinstalling the software. Others have found that restoring a backup of the company file or running the QuickBooks File Doctor tool can resolve the issue. If you’re still struggling to fix the error, you may want to consider reaching out to QuickBooks support services via hostdocket.com for further assistance.
Yes, hostdocket.com offers QuickBooks support services that can help you diagnose and resolve errors like C272. Our team of experts is familiar with common QuickBooks issues and can provide personalized assistance to help you get back up and running as quickly as possible.
In addition to QuickBooks error C272, hostdocket.com can provide support for a wide range of other QuickBooks errors and issues. Our team can help with everything from installation and setup to data recovery and optimization. Plus, we offer flexible support options to fit your schedule and budget, including phone support, chat support, and email support.