Learn the possible ways to resolve the QuickBooks error code C=272
QuickBooks is endowed with a wide range of tools and options to make your work interesting with minimum human efforts. Your company data gets confined and protected by numerous layers of the intrinsically sanctuary provided by savvy QuickBooks. Although this software is enormously safe and sound, you should always keep a backup of your essential company files and data. QuickBooks also keeps all the Payroll details, operations information, and client information apprehended in it. This saves your business from the hapless situations of losing your vital data if, somehow, your QuickBooks company files get corrupted or broken. This situation may harm or damage your business to a great extent and impact your personal and professional goals. To avoid such chaotic situations, we recommend you always keeping your crucial company data backed up and taking QB data backup every week.
In this technical blog, we are going to inform you about all the causes & troubleshooting steps to resolve the QuickBooks Error Code C=272. As we all know that QuickBooks is the most sophisticated and downloaded financial management software out there to administer company data in an organized behavior.
However, few QuickBooks users experience some common errors in their software while performing some important tasks, one of those error codes encountered by users is “QuickBooks Error Code C=272“. The error C=272 occurs when QuickBooks users run the Verify Data Utility or the Rebuild Data utility, or while running a memorized report.
Read Also: What is QuickBooks Error Code C=343?
What Causes QuickBooks error code C=272?
Check out the causes of QuickBooks Error Code C=272 and here we have mentioned some of them below:-
- The QuickBooks Error Code C=272 may take place by data damage or if the QB software tries to move a report or report-like data
- QuickBooks software restart and repeating the same action may do not resolve the error code & it possibly pop-up again. Due to this error the QuickBooks data file probably get damaged or distorted
- Error C=272 may also arise when 1099 & W2 forms (V6.OD R1 [M=1477, L5203, C=43, V=2(2)) are printed
- If the running the memorized report was produced by earlier QuickBooks version and could not convert appropriately
- The Verify or Rebuild utility stumble upon a target “bit set” that is outside of the anticipated range
Steps to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code C=272
To fix this QuickBooks issue, at first try to open a QuickBooks sample company file if the data damaged. If the error still persists, then immobilize the Windows compatibility mode.
Step 1: Open the QuickBooks sample company file
- First of all, Open the QuickBooks, Press and hold the “Ctrl” key on the keyboard.
- Whenever the “No Company Open” window appears, release the “Ctrl” key.
- If the error code arises before the “No Company Open” window appears, then proceed to the next step.
- Choose the “Open a sample file” in the “No Company Open” window. Hit onto any of the sample files in the list.
- Your QuickBooks company file may be distorted/ damaged if the sample company file opens without displaying any error code. Refer to “Verifying and rebuilding QuickBooks company data” or restore your QB company file from the backup.
- If the error appears while opening the sample company file, you may proceed with the next step and 3 to immobilize the Windows compatibility mode.
Step 2: In the QuickBooks desktop setting, immobilize the Windows compatibility mode through shortcut icons
- Perform right-click onto QuickBooks shortcut icon on the Windows desktop, and then choose the “Properties” tab.
- Now, Hit on the “Compatibility” icon.
- Clear the checkbox “Run this program in compatibility mode”.
- After that Hit the “OK” tab and click “Cancel” icon. Later, proceed with step 3, if that checkbox is not chosen,
Step 3: Disable the Windows compatibility mode setting for the QBW32.EXE file
- Perform right-click on the “QuickBooks” icon on the Windows desktop
- Select the “Properties” tab
- Open the QuickBooks installation folder, select the “Shortcut” icon and hit “Find Target” option
- Press right-click on the QBW32.EXE & choose the “Properties” icon
- Select the “Compatibility” icon
- After that Clear the checkbox “Run this program in compatibility mode”
- Now click to the “OK” tab
- Choose the “Cancel” icon if that checkbox is not chosen
- Shutdown the “Windows Explorer”
- Finally, turn-off the QuickBooks desktop shortcut properties window
Related Article How to Solve QuickBooks Error Code C=88?
Step 4: Now Open QuickBooks & company file
- Finally you need to open your QuickBooks software and the company file to ensure that the error is solved permanently.
I hope you find this article helpful and you have easily resolve QuickBooks error code c=272. If still having difficulties the contact immediately to our QuickBooks error support team at 1-844-405-0907.
We, Host Docket is the top-notch technical support and services provider around the world wide with thousands of award projects. We are proficient in solving QuickBooks errors associated with Data Recovery, Installation, Updates, and other. Our support executives will be more happy to help you out in your all accounting related issues.