QuickBooks has gained immense popularity for the past decade. And due to its growing demand Intuit started launching new version of the software every year. Today this cutting edge software helps small and medium businesses in their accounting, bookkeeping, inventory management, sales and more.
But since it is just a software, at times users do face errors. Even though the errors can be solved easily at times they can be pretty serious affecting the whole business operation. So, in this article we will discuss about the troubleshooting basics with QuickBooks for Mac. However, you can connect with QuickBooks experts to get the best advices and instant support.
Steps to Troubleshoot Basic with QuickBooks for Mac
Below we have cover up few troubleshooting basic with QuickBooks for Mac.
1. Check your version of QuickBooks for Mac and your Mac’s operating system
Did you recently upgraded your MAC OS? Often that kind of change can lead to issues in the older version of QuickBooks. When you update your operating system it is also important to upgrade your QuickBooks. And even after updating the technical errors remain, then there should be compatibility issues between the QuickBooks and the operating system.
In that case try to open a sample company file installed in QuickBooks. In case there are any problem then there can be issues with data damage.
2. If there are issues with the sample company file, then check your disk permissions
If you see the problem in occuring on the sample company file, then try checking to your disk permission. Few times fixing the disk permissions can make things right.
- First open the Disk Utility (Applications>Utilities> Disk Utilities).
- Now choose your Mac’s hard drive and then click on the Repair Disk Permissions button.
3. Delete the QuickBooks User-level preference file
Step 1: The first thing to do is go to the user account on the Mac and then open Preference folder inside the Library Folder and now look for the QuickBooks for Mac plist file and then trash it.
Note: You may need to reset some preferences the next time you launch QuickBooks.
Step 2: In case fixing the permissions and deleting the plist file doesn’t work then the main problem would a corrupted user account in the Mac. So, you have to make a new user account and then open QuickBooks when you are already logged into the new account.
Step 3: Now open the company file and then start using it. In case the regular behavioral issue with the file is resolved then it means that that the Mac user account is corrupted and this issue can only be fixed by Mac expert.
Step 4: If the sample company file works smoothly then you should try fixing the repairing permissions and remove the preference file. And in case your company file still doesn’t work properly for example there is an issue with lists and reports then you have to resolve the list damages.
Important Note: It may have list damage. See the short article checklist damage in QuickBooks for Mac: Symptoms and Cures for actions to fix that issue. However, if all your efforts, your file collisions, record errors or display screens incorrect details, it might have data damage on your company file.
If you aren’t able to handle the issues then you can always seek help from the QuickBooks Mac Support team. We are available 24/7 and you will be guided by experienced experts who will solve the errors as well as give you tips to avoid it. Dial 1-844-405-0907 to get quick responses.
Steps to back-up your company file in QuickBooks for Mac 2015
To Backup QuickBooks company file in QB Mac 2015 and late versions, Firstly you need to set up your backup preferences
- Firstly, open your QuickBooks for Mac software
- After that go to the QuickBooks and then click on Preferences
- Finally choose backup option.
You can perform these action too:
- Set QuickBooks to automatically every single time you close your company file. For ex: QuickBooks not able to backup company file.
- Set your QuickBooks to immediately backup the company files every couple of hours or an once a day.
Steps to open your QuickBooks for Windows file in QuickBooks for Mac
Important: Be certain that you are aware with what data is converted from QuickBooks for Windows to QuickBooks for Mac.
In Windows system:
- Firstly, Open the company file you intend to convert, in QuickBooks for windows.
- After that, Select file then ‘Utilities‘ and then copy ‘company file‘ for QuickBooks Mac.
- Follow the on-screen instructions. QuickBooks creates a mac ‘.qbb file.‘
- Now copy the ‘.qbb file‘ or a ‘CD‘ or ‘USB‘ drive or an other media.
- You can also make use of a network file sharing service such as Dropbox to move a file.
On Mac system:
- First of all, copy the ‘.qbb file‘ for your document folder.
- After that open company the select the ‘.qbb file‘ and then click on ‘open‘.
- Now hit a Click on ‘OK‘, if you want a restore a QuickBooks for window file.
- After that enter a name for a restored file.
- After that click ‘OK‘.
To get more information click:- How to opening you QuickBooks for windows file in QuickBooks for mac?
Steps to converting a QuickBooks file from windows to mac
Below we have shared few steps to convert a QuickBooks File from Windows to Mac:
- Firstly, Open the data file in quickbooks 2012 for windows as well as choose file
- Then choose ‘Utilities‘
- After that, Copy company file for QuickBooks mac to conserve the file as a ‘.qbb backup file‘.
- Now Send the ‘.qbb file‘ to the mac user by a ‘CD, USB drive, or iDisk.’
- Next, Choose file — > Open company — > Choose the ‘.qbb file‘ as well as click ‘Open‘.
Attributes of QuickBooks for mac 2016 R20:
- You will get tabled window support.
- Scheduled reports.
- Send-mail capability.
Enhancement from 2016 R6:
- Print trademark on checks.
- Share attachment.
- Expense vendor time.
- Use a horizontal toolbar.
- Adjust the display screen font style size.
- Set page breaks on report.
Improvement from 2016 R1:
- Now you can resize column on forms.
- You can directly print on envelopes.
- Fill in and also edit timesheet easily.
- Now Publish time-sheet.
- You can view long invoice summaries.
We hope that you are now able to understand how to backup company file in QuickBooks for Mac 2015 also how to open your QB for Windows file in QB for Mac and how to convert a QuickBooks file from windows to mac.
Some other helpful articles