Errors in QuickBooks is quite common, just for the reason that the software involves a bunch of algorithms. One such error that we are going to discuss in this particular segment is QuickBooks Error 121. The QuickBooks POS Error 121 is also known as “Permission denied error”. This QuickBooks Point of Sale error generally occurs when you don’t sign in to QuickBooks as an admin. This error may appear during any activities that require admin right. As this error is an uncommon error, and can be seen when there are not enough permission from the end user.
This segment is going to brief you with the factors triggering the issue along with the fixes for the same. Thus, make sure to read this segment with much care. You can also speak to our tech support professionals using our customer-support number i.e., +1-844-405-0907.
What is QuickBooks Point of Sale update error code 121?
Before you dig in deep and implement the steps to eliminate the error, it is important to get a brief into the QuickBooks error code 121. This error basically signifies that you have to sign in the POS to another system rather than the system admin in which you encountered this error. You can face the QuickBooks error with a pop-up warning error message: Error Message: “QuickBooks POS Error 121 denied you do not have permission to select from timeouts” This error simply indicates that the software denied to make any changes as a guest user. There can be a bunch of steps that can be performed to eliminate the error code 121. Let us check out!
Steps to Fix QuickBooks POS Error 121
To fix the QuickBooks POS Error 121, you have to delete all the data in the Entitlement Client folder & remove the WSActivity.xml file. Before attempting the resolution steps ensure that all the Point of Sale process & services is blocked or stopped.
Step 1: Close all the POS Process & services
- Firstly, Select the “Task Manager” tab
- After that Choose the required Processes
- Locate & close all the processes
- Shut-down the Task Manager process
- In the Windows search option, enter the “services.msc”
- Go to the Services window; look for “QBPOS Database Manager XX” (“XX” means QuickBooks version)
- Stop all the services & turn off the services windows
In case, the problem associated with “QuickBooks POS update: Error 121” still exists within the QuickBooks software then we propose you to follow the steps mentioned below:
Step 2: Delete the Required Files
- You have to View the hidden Windows folders.
- Windows 8.1 and 8
- Windows XP
- Vista and Windows 7
- You need to Move to the location depending on your Operating System:
- Windows 8 and 8.1: C:\ Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.0
- Vista and Windows 7: C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.0
- Windows XP: C:\DocumentsandSettings\AllUsers\ApplicationData\Intuit\EntitlementClient\v8.0
- Hit onto all the files in the folder & click on the “Delete” tab.
- Move to the previous location: C:\ Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale XX.0.
- Go to the INI folder, and then delete the WSActivity file.
- Open the Point of Sale again & download and install the required updates.
- Complete the final registration process.
Step 3: End all the Point of Sale processes & services
- Open the “Task Manager” tab
- Go to the “Processes” tab
- Find and end the following processes:
- Close the “Task Manager” tab
- After that press Windows + R tab
- Also, enter Services.MSC in the search bar
- The user is then required click on enter tab
- Followed by looking for QBPOS database manager option
- The last step is to close the services
Also See: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6175?
Hopefully, the above-prescribed troubleshooting steps are enough to endow you complete insight about the QuickBooks POS Error 121. However, if you still have some query or technical problem with the QuickBooks – you can take help from the certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors at toll-free support number i.e. +1-844-405-0907. Our technical support team is always ready there to help you out in every possible manner.
To get rid of the bank errors, you can perform the steps listed below:
1. The first step is to choose transactions and choose bank transactions in bookkeeping
2. After that, choose the tile for the bank account
3. Now, choose the edit tab
4. Also, choose edit sign-in info
5. The user is then required to update info as needed
QuickBooks error code (12, 0) is often experienced when you do not have sufficient administrative permissions to conduct certain operations on your QuickBooks. This error code often troubles you when system settings are incorrectly configured or when there is some variation in the Windows registry.
The user can try to fix the point of sale error using the set of steps below:
1. The very first step is to close QuickBooks point of sale
2. Now, open the windows start menu
3. After that, enter control panel into the search and also press enter tab
4. The next step is to choose the version of QuickBooks desktop point of sale
5. Now, perform the onscreen instructions to repair the program