Steps to deal with QuickBooks Point of Sale Invalid product number. While opening or using QuickBooks POS, a user faces this error: “Error code 176109: Invalid Product Code or Invalid Product Number”.
QuickBooks is accounting software which is used widely for its vast features and quick and accurate responses. In other words, QuickBooks is the most loved software among the world’s accountants for any business. When using QuickBooks Point of Sale, the most common error that occurs is Invalid product number QuickBooks POS error 176109.
In this blog today, we have discussed about the the possible ways to resolve the QuickBooks pos invalid product number problem. If you are interested in learning further about this issue, make sure to stick around this piece of writing carefully. You can also take help from our QuickBooks error support team to get the instructions to resolve the problem. All you need is to give us a call at +1-844-318-0008, and we will provide you with immediate support and assistance.
What is meant by QuickBooks POS error 176109?
QuickBooks POS error 176109 is often seen when the user tries to open or register QuickBooks desktop POS. This error is further identified as invalid product number issue. It is related to an invalid product number code or product code. It further indicates that the essential authentication files are damaged or corrupted. Note that QuickBooks accounting software requires permissions to write and read the files without any barrier. And in case you are unable to provide proper permissions, then the error code 176109 gets displayed on the screen. Also if the Point of Sale Entitlement folder contains damaged files. Furthermore, this error also means that some authentication files are missing or corrupt.
What are the Reasons of QuickBooks Error 176109
There can be a couple of factors triggering such an error in QuickBooks. Let us evaluate these reasons one by one:
- Damaged files in the POS entitlement folder
- Using incorrect product code during the installation process of Point of Sale.
- When you are not logged into the system as admin.
Important points to consider before fixing the error 176109
Before you proceed with the fixes for QuickBooks error 176109, it is better to analyze the below points you need to keep a check on:
- It is suggested to create a backup of the company file before initiating the troubleshooting methods. This will surely prevent any sort of data loss.
- Further, ensure that QuickBooks POS is updated to the latest maintenance release. In case not, then you should get it completed before trying the fixation steps.
- QuickBooks POS entitlement folder is a hidden folder, change the windows settings to show hidden files. Delete this folder to fix the issue.
How to deal with Error: QuickBooks Point Of Sale Invalid Product Number?
There are two solutions to this problem. If any of the solutions solves your problem, then you need not try the another one.
Solution 1: Delete the contents of the Point of Sale entitlement folder and try
For Windows 8:
- Right click on ‘Start‘ button and choose ‘File Explorer‘
- Click on ‘View‘ and check the hidden items checkbox.
- Go to the left window to ‘C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8′.
- Select all files and ‘Delete‘.
- Now, to register yourself, Open point of Sale again and complete the process.
Windows 7 and Vista:
- Right click on “Start” button and open “Windows Explorer“
- Click organize and select “Folder” option
- Click on “View” and select “Show hidden files“
- Go in the left window to “C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8“
- Select all files and ‘Delete‘
- Open Point of Sale once again for registration and complete the process.
Read This Also: How to Fix QuickBooks has Stopped Working?
Solution 2: Uninstall and Reinstall QuickBooks Point of Sale
- Uninstall QuickBooks Point of Sale.
- Reinstall QuickBooks Point of Sale.
- If any error occurs, run a repair re-installation on Point of Sale
- Verify both the license number and product number
- Open Point of Sale and register.
Solution 3: Delete the entitlement client folder & files
- Open “Windows explorer” and navigate to: “C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.“
- After that Press the “CTRL+A” keys together, on your keyboard.
- Now press the “Delete” button.
- Choose “Yes” option to confirm the action.
- After that close the QuickBooks and restart the computer.
- Once the system successfully restarted open your QuickBooks Pos application and re-register the application.
You may Also Read: Got Unexpected Error 5 in Call to NetShareGetInfo for Path – Fix Now!
Solution 4: Rename WS Activity file
You can try renaming the files to fix the issue by performing the steps listed below:
- You need to first login to the system and then press windows key + E to open windows explorer
- Move to the path of C:\Program Data \ Intuit \QuickBooks Point of Sale XX\Ini
- Right click the WSActivity folder and choose rename option from the drop-down list.
- Add OLD term at the starting of WSActivity and then save it.
- The last step is to exit the windows and perform the same set of steps again.
Solution 5: Perform a clean install of QuickBooks Desktop point of sale
Clean install tool for QuickBooks point of sale can help in fixing issue that you might bump into when installing. Perform the below steps to fix the error successfully using this tool.
- You need to first open run window by pressing windows + R.
- Now, write control panel in the run window and hit enter tab.
- Once done with that, choose programs and features.
- Followed by clicking on uninstall or change after selecting QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 18.0 from the list of programs.
- Now perform the onscreen instructions to complete the process.
Make sure to copy the point of sale data folder and paste it to desktop. Towards the end of the folder name, add old. This will prevent QuickBooks from identifying the folder and QuickBooks will create a new one. Now continue with the steps to delete the QBPOSDBSrvUSER windows user:
- At first, click on start menu and further head to the control panel.
- You now have to choose user accounts and further click on manage another account.
- Once done with that, click on continue in the user account window.
- After that, select QBPOSDBSrvUser and hit delete tab.
- Confirm the deletion process and reboot the system
After performing the steps above, you need to reinstall QuickBooks Point of Sale.
I hope these two solutions will help you to troubleshoot the problems. But if your problem is still not solved, and you need help related to this then you need to contact our QuickBooks Point of Sale Support team for help. Dial our toll free QuickBooks helpline number .i.e. +1-844-318-0008.
We are a team of highly proficient QuickBooks experts equipped with state of the art tools and technology to offer you the quick and precise solution of any QuickBooks related issue.
FAQs Related to QuickBooks Invalid Product Number Error
You can often experience invalid product number issue due to any of the below reasons:
1. Corrupt POS entitlement folder
2. Insufficient Admin Rights
3. Incorrect product code when installing POS
You can try performing the below steps to change product number in QuickBooks.
1. In notepad, choose edit and then replace or press Ctrl + H in qbregistration.dat file.
2. You now need to enter your old product number in the find what field and replace it with the new one in the replace with field.
3. Make use of the format XXX-XXX when you enter the product number.
4. And further, choose replace all.
5. You now have to choose file and then save and close the file.
You can find your product number, license number version and release using the steps below:
1. At first open QuickBooks
2. Press F2 key
3. Now, search for your product name, product number, and license number in the product information window.
4. Look for your release at the end of the product name.
5. And further look for the version in the version used on file section
Related Helpful Blogs