Quick guide to Install QuickBooks desktop software
For any organization it is essential to download or install QuickBooks into your computer/laptop or a tablet, in order to keep pace with the advancement of the technology. One of the most important information that the user should know the basic steps for downloading and installing the QuickBooks is, minimum system requirements. In this informative article, we have explained the methods to install and setup the QuickBooks Desktop along with the various other associated aspects.
While carrying out the installation process, if the user might encounter any hurdle or any technical issue related to this, then at that time, the user needs to take technical suggestion from experts. You can simply speak to our QuickBooks support team via our toll-free number i.e. +1-844-405-0907. Our team will ensure to provide the finest possible support. For now, let’s know how to install QuickBooks Desktop software in any system.
Read Also: How to Setup QuickBooks first time?
Points to remember
Things to understand for Smooth QuickBooks Installation (For Users Only)
Question: Does my system run the QuickBooks software?
Ans. In such a case, the user will be required to verify the QuickBooks System Requirements page for the QuickBooks released year & version.
Question: What to do as I downloaded the QuickBooks file but didn’t open automatically?
Ans. In such situation, go to the hard drive and search for the location where the QuickBooks file saved and start it manually.
Question: Shall I go with the express or custom QuickBooks installation?
Ans. For the beginners, we always suggest the express installation if the network isn’t setup on the system.
In case, you already a QuickBooks user or QB application installed in the computer then you can go with the custom installation to make sure that old QB file(s) doesn’t get hamper or overwritten.
Question: Is it important to create backup before starting?
Ans. We personally suggest you to create QuickBooks backup company file(s) before starting the QB application.
We also recommend you to save or store the created .QBB extension file backup in the some external hard drive or device.
Question: Can we merge/amalgamate multiple QuickBooks company file from multiple QB version?
Ans. It’s not possible to merge or combine the QuickBooks company file(s).
Deciding the type of Installation
The user is generally have two options for installing QuickBooks: express, or custom and network.
Express Install- This type of installation is recommended in situations such as, first time user, reinstalling QuickBooks, using QuickBooks on a single system, etc.
The steps involved in express install are as follows:
- First of all, the user is required to select the Express and Next option.
- And then, select Install option.
- And lastly, opt for Open QuickBooks to get started.
Customer and Network install: This type of install is recommended while installing QuickBooks somewhere other than the default location, or also when the user hosts the company files on a server, or for setting up a multi-user network.
The steps involved in custom or network install are as follows:
- To begin with, the user needs to select the Custom and Network options, and hit Next.
- After that, opt for the option that describes the way you will use QuickBooks.
- The next step is to select the change the install location option, on the next screen.
- Also, select Browse option to decide where to put the QuickBooks folder. Majority people put it in their Programs folder.
- And then, opt for the Next option to begin with the install process.
- Once the installation process gets finish, then click on the Open QuickBooks option.
You may also like: QuickBooks desktop enterprise setup and installation guide
How to Install QuickBooks Desktop?
Get the step-by-step instructions to install QuickBooks desktop on your system, make sure to follow the steps listed below:
- To begin with, the user is needed to close all the running programs in the background & on the screen that are opened on the file server in the desktop.
- After that visit the ‘QuickBooks Desktop Download’ option for the regional version.
- And then, choose the “Yes to All” icon.
- Followed by hitting the “Next” tab.
- The next step in the process is to click on the checkbox beside ‘Agree to License Agreement’ dialogue & later, hit onto the “Next” tab.
- Type-in the License & Product number and then click on the “Next” tab.
- Choose the QuickBooks installation type on the machine.
- Option 1: Express: It enables the installer to make choice for you. In case, you want to select the option manually then skip the step 10.
- Option 2: Custom & Network Options: Choose this if you’ll be using multiple versions of QuickBooks Desktop on the computer or if you’ll use QuickBooks to share data with other users on a network.
- Choose the any of the right option where you’re using the QB application:
- Option 1: I’ll be using QuickBooks on this computer.
- Option 2: I’ll be using QuickBooks on this computer, and I’ll be storing our company file here so it can be shared over our network.
- Option 3: I won’t be using QuickBooks on this computer. I will be storing our company file on this computer so it can be shared over a network.
- Select a new location for the installation or choose the “Next” tab to install in the default directory.
- Choose the “Install” tab and open the QuickBooks.
- Finally, all you have to do is to Activate QuickBooks & you are all set to go.
Hopefully above steps will help you to install QuickBooks desktop software. If these installing steps are not helping you to Install QuickBooks then you can watch this tutorial video recommended by Intuit QuickBooks team.
Hire Intuit Certified ProAdvisors for help
If you want any help or require any technical assistance? You can take help from us by calling at our QuickBooks help number .i.e. +1-844-405-0907. and feel irked free. Furthermore, our experts have a versatile adept and niche in resolving QuickBooks desktop installation issues at the present time.
Feel free in connecting our technicians that are available for round the clock as 24/7. Ask expert guidance by connecting our experts today!