QuickBooks is a widely known and efficient accounting software which allows a user to create a new company file. This new company file can be created every year and thus, it automatically deleted all the data entry required during the initial file set up. When you work on to setup a new company file in QuickBooks, then it is not necessary to delete or close the previous file.
Moreover, at year end, many companies find that they have a large amount of data which is affecting their performance. And the benefit about new set up is that you can simply start with the new file set up that is quite beneficial as it provides you with an extra level of security which protects your data from accidental losses. You also have a benefit to remove the unwanted items and delete cache in order to clean your system and organize your data. To learn further about setting up a new company file in QuickBooks, make sure to stick around this piece of writing till the end, or you can further get in touch with our technical support team at +1-844-405-0907, and our experts will answer all your queries immediately.
Steps to Set Up a New Company File in QuickBooks
To setup a new company file in QuickBooks, you can clean up all your company data from QuickBooks 2006 and later that. This will help you set up a successful company account. The next step would be to subscribe, you can basic, standard and enhanced payroll subscription and continue with your work.
In this process, this is important to note that in case you are an assisted payroll customer, then you do not have right to start a new company file. For that, you are required to be on call with an assisted payroll representative. The same is done to ensure that payroll is being entered into the file before any other information.
If you still want to setup a new company file in QuickBooks, be aware of the following limitations:
There are also some steps that you need to keep in mind while starting a new company file. The file must be dated December 31st of the closing year.
The following reports will be required:
- Customer Balance Detail Report
- Vendor Balance Detail Report
- Standard Balance Sheet
Important Note: These three reports will be required in order to create the accounts receivable (A/R) and accounts payable (A/P) year end balances in the new company file, along with the opening balances for the balance sheet accounts. Moreover, you would have to manually enter the inventory value, stock status and other outstanding banking transactions.
Steps to Create a New Company File in QuickBooks Pro and Premier
Below are some steps that would help you create a new company file in QuickBooks Pro and QuickBooks Premier:
- Go to ‘File’ menu, select utilities and click on ‘Clean Up Company Data’
- Rebuild all the outstanding balances in the accounts receivable either by re-creating individual invoices or you can create balance forward invoices for a lump sum customer balance.
- From the ‘Vendors menu‘, recreate all the vendor balances along with the Enter Bills option.
- These bills will be directly charged to the ‘Uncategorized Expense Account‘ as opposed to individual expense accounts.
- The feature will not be available to payroll users due to critical payroll information in payroll files.
- The feature is not available to QuickBooks online banking users due to the security and time related data from financial institution.
Further steps are as below:
- Choose File > New Company
- Click on Start Interview in the window of EasyStep Interview.
- Follow all the instruction given on-screen and enter the information for your new company file.
Steps to Start a New QuickBooks Desktop Company file from Scratch
- First of all, Open QuickBooks Desktop.
- After that On the No Company Open window you need to click on ‘Create a new company‘.
- Now you need to Click on ‘Detailed Start’.
- Next, Here you need to Fill out the Easy Step Interview screen and click on ‘Next‘.
- After that just Select your Industry and click ‘Next‘.
- Next, Identify, and fill out your type of Business Entity and click ‘Next‘
- After that you have to Set your Fiscal year for which you wants to create a company file and then click on ‘Next‘.
- Now Set up your QuickBooks Administrator password and click on the ‘Next‘.
- Afterwards you need to ‘Choose the location‘ where you want to save your company file and click on the ‘Save‘.
- Finally saving your company file, you can customize your QuickBooks by clicking ‘Next‘ or you can do it later by selecting Leave.
For more deep information related to setup a new company file in QuickBooks or how to create QuickBooks desktop company file, Dial our toll-free QuickBooks support number .i.e. +1-844-405-0907 And talk to a Intuit Certified ProAdvisor today.
FAQs Related to Set up a New Company File
You can have multiple companies under the same QuickBooks online account. Each company file is its own paid subscription. However, you can access them with the same sign-in info.
To open and use a secondary company file in QuickBooks. You can perform the below steps:
1. Double click the second company file’s name.
2. After that, double click the QuickBooks icon.
3. You now have to head to the file menu.
4. Further, choose open second company.
When you create a company file in QuickBooks, it creates a file with a .qbw extension. This file further holds your company file and the account info.
You can do this by performing the steps below:
1. Move to the file menu and further choose new company.
2. You now have to perform the onscreen instructions to set up a new company file for each business or location.
3. Once done with that enter the necessary information such as the company name and the contact information.
More Helpful Topics: