Did you know that QuickBooks desktop with hosting provides protection anywhere, anytime, and on any device having access to the data? When your team works with the same info at the same time, you get protection for your data, no matter whether they are using a Mac, PC, or tablet regardless of their location. Intuit hosting makes it quite easy to access the company file without any geographical restrictions. But what goes behind QuickBooks desktop hosting or how to host a QuickBooks desktop company file? Well, to help you out with this query, here we are. This piece of writing will brief you on how you can access QuickBooks desktop remotely by simply making use of an internet browser or remote connection from your home or office.
Thus, to get a better understanding of QuickBooks desktop hosting, stick around and scroll through the segment carefully. Moreover, if you are new to QuickBooks and are seeking professional guidance, then in that case, do not think much in ringing us up at +1-844-318-0008, and our QuickBooks support team is here to answer all your queries.
What is meant by QuickBooks Desktop Hosting?
Talking about hosting, is generally a term used for cloud. In simple words, it means that your QuickBooks software and data are stored or hosted on an enterprise-level web server at a secure facility. This further lets you access them over a secure internet connection from anywhere or any device instead of using a local network.
How Safe is My Hosted QuickBooks Data?
Intuit offers hosting services through Rightworks, which is one of the leading providers of enterprise-level hosting. They further have IT professionals monitoring the system and handling the updates and upgrades regularly. The files and transmissions are protected through enterprise-class antivirus technology, firewalls, encryption, and multi-layer access controls.
Find out more about: QuickBooks Conversion Tool – How to Download and Use
Benefits of selecting QuickBooks Desktop with hosting over QuickBooks Desktop (local access only)
Anywhere, anytime access to applications and data
- With apps and data hosted, one can simply connect anytime from anywhere. An internet connection is required with a simple client program. You can launch the remote access app and log in with the user ID and password. This will make your QuickBooks data ready to use. Note that, there is virtually nothing new to learn as the software looks and works just like it does on the system.
- QuickBooks desktop is usually hosted in top-of-the-line data centers that generally provide excellent enterprise-class scalability and are reliable as well. It further includes full-time security personnel, closed circuit video surveillance, continuous and redundant power systems with backup generators, fully redundant network systems having multiple backbone access, advanced network firewalls, and hazard avoidance and alert systems.
- This will further let you access critical business info from computers anywhere. QuickBooks Desktop with hosting can help in keeping your business in check.
Data Protection and Backup
- Intuit protects the data with encrypted transmission, firewalls, multi-layer access controls, and encrypted backups. The data is also auto-scanned with enterprise-class antivirus technology. Moreover, the hosted data is backed up nightly and keeps backups for 90 days. This simply means that in case you accidentally delete a file, then it will be easy to recover it.
Here is how you can: Backup your QuickBooks company file – Easy Steps
No Server or Network Maintenance Needed
- Well, the need for hosted servers and virtual private networks i.e., VPNs in the office is eliminated with the hosted version. Instead, it secures the data by storing it in a protected data center, enhancing data security.
- With the apps being in Rightworks data centers, the need to install and maintain them on the system is eliminated. You can simply access it using a client program.
Do I need my own network to host QuickBooks Company File?
There is no separate network required to access the data. All you need is an active internet connection.
Will it take too long to learn how to host QuickBooks Company File?
If you have basic knowledge of QuickBooks, then you do not need any specific training. QuickBooks Desktop with hosting is similar in terms of look and feel. However, if you are new to QuickBooks, then you can increase your learning pace by accessing support site, everything enterprise, including training videos for full-service plan members, etc.
Is the speed similar to that of running QuickBooks Desktop on PC?
A good quality, fast internet connection might be required. Though the experience might vary, it has been noted that the speed and functionality are boosted after switching. In case you are increasing the number of users, then a hosted version will let you do so, without hampering the performance.
Have you checked: QuickBooks Desktop 2024 Download, Pricing, and Features
Difference between QuickBooks online and QuickBooks desktop with hosting
- QuickBooks Online: Well, QBO is a browser-based version that is designed for early-stage businesses that do not require advanced features and functionality.
- QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise with Hosting: This particular type of QuickBooks is accessed using a remote access app or via Internet Explorer and further offers additional advanced functionality for growing small and mid-sized businesses. It is designed in a way to easily perform more complex tasks and further operate from different locations.
How do Microsoft Word and Excel work with QuickBooks desktop with hosting?
Microsoft Word and Excel work similarly with QuickBooks desktop hosting as they usually do with the desktop version. If you make use of Excel and Word, then you can simply export QuickBooks desktop reports to Excel. You can further export estimates, invoices, and statements to Word.
The user also gets the option to easily access the hosted versions of these tools over the internet. Not only that, you can also lease Microsoft Office directly from Rightworks for an additional fee. The Enterprise hosting service will cover the entire hosting for those apps at no additional charge and further lets you access them over the same connection.
When it comes to email, you can make use of QuickBooks email services, add Outlook to the Rightworks account, or configure QuickBooks to use Webmail.
Click here to learn: How to Resolve QuickBooks Unable To Export To Excel Error?
How many users can one have?
The Rightworks users are required to tally with the QuickBooks user count. Moreover, every user is required to have separate login info. To understand it better, here is an example: In case your QuickBooks Desktop subscription lets up to 5 users, then you can have up to 5 hosting users.
How do I add users to Rightworks?
Just in case you previously had the right number of QuickBooks users and simply need to create Rightworks users, then you can simply add them using the Rightworks My Account Portal.
After you have added additional QuickBooks users, then simply add the same number of Rightworks users.
QuickBooks Desktop Hosting comparatively has additional benefits. Hopefully, this article right here might have helped you successfully host a QuickBooks desktop company file. However, if you have any queries or if you require any sort of technical assistance, then in that case, feel free to reach out to us at +1-844-318-0008, and we will provide you with immediate support and guidance for all sorts of QuickBooks queries.
Other Related Articles to Read: