Quick Fixes to QuickBooks Unable to Export to Excel Error
QuickBooks is popular and well-designed software with highly advanced features. This software is not less than any boon for entrepreneurs across the globe. But when it comes to technicalities, coding, and algorithms, glitches and technical issues are part and parcel. While exploring the features and functionalities of this software, often QuickBooks users might face certain errors, one such error is QuickBooks unable to export files to excel. Many QuickBooks users might encounter this error, and the majority of them find it too difficult to be tackled. In this article, we provide our readers a complete insight of the issue “QuickBooks unable to export to excel error” such as its causes and solution.
In order to help the users, get rid of this error, we have come up with this article. At the end of this article, we expect that the readers might be able to deal with the error permanently and also explore the causes and other facts related to the error. A quick solution to this error can be getting in touch with our team of technical support experts by dialing .i.e. +1-800-360-4183.
We own a pool of experts and QuickBooks professionals, who are well versed with some of the most effective solutions to all kinds of QuickBooks associated issues. Thus, do not hesitate to reach out to our QuickBooks error support troubleshooting team.
QuickBooks unable to export to excel error
At times, QuickBooks users might face issue in exporting data to excel. This issue generally arises when this accounting software is unable to recognize the excel that is installed in the user’s system, and this happens if the user update QuickBooks. According to the QuickBooks professionals, one of the most common ways to shun off this issue is to re-register all the keys with Microsoft, by reinstalling or by merely repairing Microsoft office. This method lets the software to identify that excel is present on the computer.
However, this is not the only solution, there can be various other fixes to this error, that we will be discussing later on in this article.
Factors Causing the QB Export to Excel Issues
There can be numerous reasons leading to the error: QuickBooks unable to export to excel. A few of the most common factors include:
- Improper working of file registry
- Malfunctioning or damaged MS Excel.
- When the QB application is corrupted or damaged.
- Either your QuickBooks is not updated, or the software might be damaged.
- When the File Registry doesn’t work in a proper manner.
Factors leading to export issues in MAC
These issues can be caused if the system doesn’t fulfill the required specification for QB software to work. These specifications include:
- QuickBooks for Mac 2016 R5 or earlier Mac OS 10.10.2 is required
- Intel Core Duo or higher is suggested
- 2-4 GB RAM
- At least 250 MB disk space is needed
- QuickBooks Payroll requires active internet connection along with properly functioning adobe reader so as to print forms
Also Read: How to Setup QuickBooks Desktop Mac 2019?
How to Troubleshoot the Exporting to Excel Error?
Talking about the fixes to this error, there can be a variety of ways to resolve these errors. In this article, we will be exploring each of the solutions one by one. So, without further ado, let us get started.
- First of all, the user is required to open the ‘customer center‘
- In the transaction panel, the user is required to ‘locate the transaction‘
- Now, right-click the transaction that you wish to see a ‘transaction journal‘
- After that, the user is required to select the ‘transaction journal‘
- Lastly, visit the ‘Excel button‘ and then select to ‘create a new worksheet to export‘ the report to excel.
Items list is required to be opened first and then open the report
As the first thing always comes first, you need to figure out the features that are needed to be open at the first and after that open the report. While being on the non-transaction form, open the reports that are able to be unable export to Excel.
- The user is required to go to the ‘list‘ and then open the ‘Item list‘
- After that, the user is required to open any report that they want from the ‘Report menu‘.
- Lastly, by clicking on the excel drop-down or email export to excel, or email as excel by merely clicking the ‘email button‘.
Steps to export excel
- The first step is to select ‘Company‘
- After that, the user is required to visit ‘reports‘, company and financial and now select ‘Profit and loss standard‘
- Now, tap on to ‘Excel‘ and the go to ‘Create New Worksheet‘
- Once done with that, the user is required to click on ‘export‘ and new files will open in ‘MS-Excel‘
- Moving ahead, the user is required to go back to QuickBooks and then click ‘Excel‘, followed by selecting ‘create new worksheet‘
- The next step is to go to ‘Send Report to excel‘
- After that, tap on ‘Create a comma-separated values (.csv) file‘
- The user is now required to click on the option give a filename
- The final step is to click on ‘Save‘.
Permission by Export
Bank Transaction Export: This will allow the QB users to export the .csv/.iif file to the QuickBooks.
Bill Export: This feature assists you to export the .csv and .iif format file to export to the QB software.
Calendar Export: The calendar export feature allows you to export the calendar to another application. You can click here anytime to export the calendar.
Contact Notes Export: The Contact Notes Export features enable the QuickBooks users to export the list of all contact notes on contacts created in the Clio.
QuickBooks Transaction Import: We manually enter lots of invoice into the QB software every month. We can import the data files in .csv and .iif format files into the QuickBooks with this feature. However, sometimes the QuickBooks precisely require extended versions such as QuickBooks Pro 2005 which are highly compatible with vivid formats and entities.
Arrangements that Cause the Errors during Export & Import of QB Payroll Journal Entries
- This error could be possible in the circumstance where multiple accounts in the accounting CS owns the identical description. However, the accounting CS type differs a lot from the type of QuickBooks.
- The QuickBooks Transaction details/information doesn’t match with the accounting CS account details/information. To process or proceed the transaction import, it is necessary that the account detail information match exactly.
Important Note: Simply make sure you have not left any of the transaction forms open during exporting the file as well as report to excel. You will find that the transaction forms could consist of Invoices, Purchase order as well as Sales order. Also if you have a non-transaction form opened up after that you’ll locate the Export to succeed function will certainly work. The example of the non-transaction form is “The Item List of Chart of Accounts”. That’s why it is constantly encouraged to open the Item List initially and afterwards go for the export feature.
You may also like: How to Fix Intuit QuickBooks Error 31?
- The first step is, go to ‘Edit‘ and then click on ‘Preferences‘
- After that, the user is required to click on ‘Payroll & Employees‘
- Now, select the ‘Company Preferences‘ tab
- The next step is to select ‘Full Payroll‘ option and then make a dummy Employee
- The last step is to ‘create a new QuickBooks Online account‘.
- To begin with, the user is required to login the QuickBooks online software and then select the ‘Gear icon‘.
- After that, the user is required to click on the ‘Internet options’ and then select the ‘Security tab‘.
- The next step is to select the ‘Trusted Sites‘ option.
- Moving ahead, uncheck the ‘Enable Protected Mode‘.
- Now, tap on ‘Sites‘ and then add https://.intuit.com from the trusted sites list.
- The final step is to click on ‘Done‘ and then hit ‘Close‘ option.
You may also read: How to Set Maximum Number of QuickBooks Company Files?
- In this method, the very first step is to close the QuickBooks Desktop.
- After that, the user is required to ‘copy company files‘ to the Desktop.
- In the next step, the user is required to open the QB desktop, followed by visiting the File.
- Lastly, the user is required to choose ‘Open or Restore Company‘ where he/she has stored the company file.
Alternate Methods to fix the error in exporting to excel in QuickBooks desktop
If the above steps did not work for you, then performing the below alternate methods would help in fixing the error.
Process 1: Updating QuickBooks to the latest release
- The user is supposed to head to the Reports menu and open any report on the list.
- After that choose the Excel button
- All export options, including Excel, should be available.
Process 2: Go through the QuickBooks system requirements
Note that QuickBooks versions work with a specified version of Microsoft Office. Thus, the user is recommended to check the system requirements for your version of QuickBooks: 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020. And in case the version of Microsoft office isn’t compatible, then it is suggested to upgrade it.
Process 3: Toggle Windows User Account Controls (UAC)
- The user needs to first open the Windows Start menu.
- After that enter the User Account Control Settings into the search and open User Account Control Settings.
- Once done with that, choose and move the slider to Never Notify.
- And then, click on ok tab
- Once done with that reboot the system
- And head back to QuickBooks and try to export a report to check if the issue is resolved
Process 4: Reinstall QuickBooks
Before installing QuickBooks, the user should always install Microsoft office and excel on the system. And if the user hasn’t performed the process in this way, then it is suggested to uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks. After that check if you are able to export a report or not.
How to resolve QuickBooks won’t export to excel (for MAC)?
You can resolve the export to excel problem on your QuickBooks for Mac.
- The first step is to check if the computer is compatible with the version of Excel that the person is using.
- Also, make sure to check if the system meets the requirements or the specifications that are needed to work with QuickBooks.
- Now, if the system meets the specifications, then there is a possibility that the user might be having the issue with the installation of QuickBooks or Excel
- Moving ahead, in order to verify the issue doesn’t lie with Excel to re-register all the keys with Microsoft by re-installation or by simply repairing the Microsoft Office. This will let the users to identify that you have Excel on your computer.
- Lastly, in order to check if the issue lies in QuickBooks installation, then a clean installation is definitely recommended, in order to do away with the issues.
With this, we come to the end of this article, with the hope that the user might be able to deal with the issues like QuickBooks unable to export to excel by reading this article. If in case, the user is unable to tackle the error even after going through the above-suggested steps, then it is recommended to get in touch with our QuickBooks online support team at our toll-free number .i.e. +1-800-360-4183. Our team of experts and highly qualified QuickBooks professionals leaves no stone unturned to provide the finest possible services to our clients.
FAQs Related to QuickBooks unable to export to excel
You can use the below set of steps to fix the error unable to export to excel in QuickBooks.
1. Update QuickBooks desktop.
2. Check QuickBooks system requirements.
3. Repair Microsoft Office
4. Toggle Windows User Account Controls
5. Reinstall QuickBooks
You can export a report as excel in QuickBooks using the steps below:
1. At first, go to the reports tab, and further reports center.
2. You can double click the report you wish to export.
3. Go for excel dropdown ▼, and further create new worksheet or update existing worksheet.
4. In case you see a message that states your report has too many columns, make sure to pick advanced and then uncheck the space between the column’s checkbox.
5. Hit ok tab and when you are ready to export, click on ok again.
Note that preparing letters needs Microsoft Word 2019, 2016, 2013, or Microsoft 365. Whereas, exporting reports demands Microsoft Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, or Microsoft 365(including 64-bit).
You can open QBW files by exporting the company files to Microsoft excel. This converts your company file into a different format.
Some other helpful blogs/articles