Find out the best ways to fix QuickBooks Error 1303: Installer has insufficient privileges to access
Many times, QuickBooks users encounter various errors while installing the software, one such bug is QuickBooks error code 1303. This type of error usually displays on the screen, when the installer does not have complete authority for accessing the directory, just like a path to the directory. The common reason behind the occurrence of this error can be when the system does not have proper permissions. At the time of installing QuickBooks desktop, the following error prompts:
Error 1303: Installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory. “C:\…\Intuit”
This article is written with an aim to fix this type of error and the user will find some feasible solution steps to troubleshoot this QuickBooks error 1303. In this article, However, a quick fix for the same can be to get in touch with professionals of our QuickBooks Error support team at 1-844-405-0907. Our team will ensure to provide you with the best possible support in tackling these types of issues.
Factors causing Error 1303 in QuickBooks
You can come across such an error in QuickBooks due to the below stated factors:
- This error can accompany basic computer usage. The user might stumble upon this type of error while uninstalling applications, updating applications, and manually changing to some Windows components.
- QuickBooks Error 1303 can also be seen when the system is not having full control.
- When the system group cannot access the directory simply because of insufficient control being provided.
- Issues with the installation of the software can trigger such an error.
- Furthermore, if the settings for windows file sharing are configured incorrectly.
How to spot the error code 1303?
You can try identifying the error using the below signs and symptoms:
- Just in case you are unable to install QuickBooks, then it indicates such an error.
- Or if the windows OS is freezing again and again.
- Be prepared for a similar issue if the system runs sluggishly.
- Also, if the error message itself appears on the screen.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error 1303
Talking about the effective measures that can be taken to fix this issue, one can try downloading and installing the QuickBooks tool hub using the manual steps. Or the user can also run the rebuild data utility to fix the issue. It should be noted that the windows vista users might not be able to use the utility, as there are differences in file structures and permissions. Moreover, you can create a utility to reset system groups and permission settings. Let us explore each method one by one:
Method 1: Run the Utility
The utility usually resets the permissions settings to windows settings. The steps involved in the process to run the utility are as follows:
- Click on PermissionsFix.bat file.
- Click on save and save this file on the desktop of the system which has been affected.
- Now, double-click on the file. This will open the DOS window in desktop screen. Type ‘y’ at prompt.
- This will reset the permissions of the folders that have been affected and will change settings to default.
Note: To initiate the script, you must type ‘y’ in lowercase.
- As the file runs, the user shall press any key to exit the DOS window.
- After all these steps, the user needs to insert the QuickBooks CD and try again to install.
For manually adjusting permissions, the user is supposed to have full control of the system and everyone group for the folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.
Method 2: Download and run QuickBooks tool hub
Downloading QuickBooks tool hub can help in dealing with a bunch of errors in QuickBooks. You can try installing the tool using the below steps and fix the install errors using the install diagnostic tool. The steps to be carried out are:
- Start by downloading the QuickBooks tool hub and installing the same.
- Access QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
- Run the install diagnostic tool and select all the options having a problem and click on ok tab.
- Let the tool detect and fix the issue on its own.
Have you checked this: How to Repair or Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop 2022?
Method 3: Manually fixing the issue
There are a few steps for changing permission-
- Firstly, click on the Start button
- As the start menu opens up, the user can now click in the Start Search area. Enter the path C:\ProgramData\COMMON FILES\ and then click OK. This will open the window with the folder.
- In this window, hit Organize and select Properties.
- After that, the user is required to select the Security window in the property section
- And then click on the Advanced button
- Click ‘Edit’ and then again on the next screen
- Scroll down to the list of permission entries and double-click on the system user
- In the Allow column, the user is required to select the checkbox for full control row and then click OK button.
- The user is required to check the boxes that have been labeled with the heritage permissions on all descendants with legacy permissions from this object. Now, in the Advanced Security Settings window and in COMMON FILES properties window, click OK.
- Install QuickBooks.
If the error still persists, follow the steps below:
- Right click on Start button and click on Explore
- Choose Tool menu and select Folder.
- After that Click on View tab and scroll down to Advanced Settings List
- Now click on ‘Use simple file sharing to clear the box’
- Finally Click on OK and Install the QuickBooks.
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6129, 0?
The methods stated above will help the users to resolve the QuickBooks error code 1303. But in case the error is not resolved, you can contact our Intuit certified QuickBooks Support team at 1-844-405-0907. Our experts are available round the clock and will provide the best possible assistance in fixing error code 1303.
More helpful blogs
Frequently Asked Questions!
Error code 1303 in QuickBooks occurs when you try to install QuickBooks or update it to the latest release. It can be caused due to a corrupt installer or damaged source of installation.
To fix this error:
1. You can download and use QuickBooks install diagnostic tool from the tool hub.
2. Or can also use the manual solutions related to configuring the settings.
Issue with the CD Drive can be one of the most common reasons behind the occurrence of this type of error. Another factor that might lead to error C=1304 can be, if the CD gets damaged or the CD driver is not functioning in the proper manner.