QuickBooks accounting software stores all the essential data in the company file. It is essential to take a backup of the company file, in order to protect the data in case of any discrepancy. However, at times, people find it a little difficult in restoring the company file on QuickBooks desktop. Thus, to help you out, we have come up with this segment, where we will be sharing the complete process to restore company file backup. To learn more, make sure to read this article till the end. Or connect with our tech support professionals in case you need any sort of technical assistance. Give us a call and we will provide you with immediate support services.
Why restore backup for QuickBooks company file?
Well, when there is any issue with the QBW file, in that case the stored data becomes inaccessible, affecting the smooth functioning and risking the crucial data. This is why, it becomes essential to restore the backup of the company file. This is only possible when the backup of the file is created earlier. To restore the backup of the file from the local backup, you might need to have the password for the admin account. There can be some set of steps that can be perform to restore the backup files in QuickBooks.
You may like: What is the Best Ways to Fix QuickBooks Error QBW32.exe?
Restore Important QuickBooks data files
Follow the Below Description that troubleshoots your Issue within a few minutes. This will restores all necessary QB data files instantly.
Note: At first, Do one thing, first click on the download button to upgrade your QuickBooks to latest versions that helps to recover data lost files from removed QuickBooks.
Perform a clean installation it on your computer device. Then run your utility and then need to follow the given instructions as restored from the deleted or lost QuickBooks files in a safe and efficient manner or can say from a recycle bin.
- Firstly, launch latest QuickBooks software on your PC/Laptop. Then click on the ‘Recover Files’ button key that aid to restored all various data from the removed files or a folder of this software.
- After that select “Recover Deleted Files” option as located under the tab that indicate as to restore deleted QuickBooks files. In case, if a user has lost or by mistaken delete their QuickBooks folder or a file, then it require by giving a one click “Recover Lost Files” option through which you can take back up for all your vital files.
- After do so, then choose the drive from where you have lost your QuickBooks files instantly and then select the tab to the ‘Next’ button that informs the users about all details related to QuickBooks file restoration process.
- This accounting software displays the above list of all restoration of QuickBooks files where the client can easily see as the ‘file type view’ and ‘data view’ heading.
- Now choose the given mentioned files which you want to restore and store them in their desired location by just giving a one click on the save button.
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000, 301?
Steps to Restore a Company file in QuickBooks from the local backup
The user can try to perform the below stated set of steps to restore a backup company file that is to be shifted from the local drive, in case the backup company file is on an external device like a USB or hosting service like box. Let us have a look:
- At first, the user needs to click on the file from the menu bar
- And then select the open or restore company
- The user needs to then select restore a backup copy option to restore the data from the backup copy and then hit the next tab
- The user will then see a window asking for the location of the saved backup copy and then select the local backup to restore the company file from the backup stored on the network or any removable media
- It should be noted that, if you have saved the backup copy online, then you simply have to pick the online backup option instead of local backup
- Now click on the next tab and also hit the continue tab
- Use the open backup copy dialog box that appears to navigate to and select the local backup copy for the restoration process
- Later on, head to the open tab and also return to the open or restore company window
- Note that, instead of performing the steps above, make sure to choose the file from the menu bar and then select the name of the local backup file to use
- This will open up a window named open or restore company and it will ask you where you want to restore the file
- Hit the next tab
- Now, click on the save company file dialog box and also select the damaged company file to overwrite the data with the data from the backup copy
- You now have to select the company file and hit save tab
- Followed by clicking on yes tab and replace the file
- Hit yes again along with ok tab
- Note that you can continue with the steps to finish restoring the file.
- After that, enter a different name for the admin account into the username field
- Enter the password
- And make new password and confirm password
- Take the challenge question and enter the answer
- Hit ok tab
- And end the process by re-entering the transactions into the company file
I hope by following these quick steps you have successfully restored your data files in QuickBooks Desktop. However, if still you are unable to restore QB Data Files or Looking for a technical assistance, then ask your doubts directly to our technicians by calling them at our QuickBooks data recovery support number at +1-844-405-0907. We proffer an instant support offered by our trustworthy professionals that is always ready to serve you.
Checkout these topics also