QuickBooks accounting software offers numerous tools and features to the users for managing accounts and other business operations. This accounting software involves numerous codes and algorithms, and this makes it prone to errors can glitches. These can be encountered while managing their bank account in QuickBooks Online.
The errors can occur due to technical issues or due to some faults at the banking end. It is not uncommon that the QuickBooks users encounter technical glitches, and look for technical assistance to get rid of such errors. One such banking error is 108. If you are also facing such error, then this article might be helpful to get rid of this error.
We have come up with this article, with an aim to troubleshoot this error and also find out the real causes behind the same. Thus, if you want to explore the troubleshooting steps, then stay tuned to the article until the end. However, you can contact to our QuickBooks online support team anytime to save your time and efforts.
What Leads to QuickBooks Error 108?
- In case the bank generates any kind of message requiring the user’s action.
- Or in case the problem in logging in into the bank account arises due to various reasons just like, invalid username or password.
- Another reason can be if the user is unable to smoothly connect with the bank server.
- Any kind of issues with the bank server might lead to such error.
- Lastly, in case the user has installed more than one version of QuickBooks.
How to Identify the QB Error 108?
To identify the error, you can make a note of the symptoms that might appear such as:
- The first symptom can be error message displays on the screen.
- The next symptom can be that the user is unable to work on the QuickBooks.
- Or the QuickBooks program window crashes.
- Also, in case the PC becomes sluggish.
Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 108
Well, after exploring the symptoms and causes, it is now time to learn the quick fixes to the Error 108. Let us have a look at the methods one by one:
Solution 1- Disable the Pop-up blockers
- The first step is to ‘login into the website‘ of the bank or financial institution.
- Now, the user is required to go through all the notifications or messages. In case the user is unable to read the messages, then the pop-up blocker might be the reason. Thus, the user is required to disable it and then also check the messages.
- The next step is to act on the messages or dismiss them.
- Once done with the above steps, the user is required to ‘visit the QuickBooks Online‘.
- Moving ahead, the user should visit the menu on the left side and then select the ‘Banking‘ option.
- Now, the user is required to tap on ‘Update‘ in the Banking page.
- Lastly, the user is required to check if Error 108 QuickBooks is appearing.
Solution 2- Checking the Firewall settings
- To begin with, the user is required to login to the computer as an administrator.
- The user required to ensure that he/she is using the latest version of QuickBooks and also make sure it is up to date.
- The next step is to verify the Firewall settings, to ensure that it doesn’t block access to QuickBooks company file.
- Now moving forward, the user is required to check the internet security settings.
Solution 3 – Run system file checker
- The first step is to click on the ‘Start menu’, followed by typing ‘Command’ in the search bar.
- Once done with that, the user is required to press ‘Ctrl’ and ‘Shift’ keys simultaneously, and then tap on ‘Enter‘.
- Now, the user will see a permission dialog box, for which they have to click on ‘Yes‘.
- Moving ahead, the user will see a black box that will appear with a blinking cursor.
- After that, the user needs to type ‘SFC/scannow‘ and then tap on the ‘Enter‘ tab.
- Once done with the above steps, the ‘System File Checker‘ will commence the scanning process.
- The last step is to follow the on-screen instructions in order to proceed further.
Solution 4 – Install Windows updates
- The first step is to click on the ‘Start‘ button.
- Now, the user is required to type ‘Update‘ in the search bar.
- Moving ahead, the user will encounter a ‘Windows Update dialog box‘ on the screen.
- The last step for this process is to click on the ‘Install Updates‘ option, if any of the updates are available.
Solution 5 – Log in to your bank account
- To start with the solution, the user is required to ‘log in‘ the bank’s website.
- After that, look for the ‘KB details‘ in the download transactions.
- Lastly, by holding the ‘Ctrl key‘, the user is required to enable and run the pop-up blocker.
The above-discussed are the five of the solutions that can be used to do away with the QuickBooks Error code 108. The QuickBooks user can prefer any of the methods and resolve the error. However, in case any problem arises, or if the user is unable to tackle the error even after following the above-enumerated methods, then he/she can consult with our QuickBooks error support technical experts.
You can simply dial our toll-free number .i.e. +1-844-405-0907, and our QuickBooks Support team will be there to assist you in a single call.
More helpful articles: