QuickBooks is a versatile tool that has been created to operate numerous business operations such as accounting, tax filing, bookkeeping, and payroll. The Tax 1099.com QuickBooks Desktop plugin didn’t update automatically with the latest QuickBooks version, 1.5.2, as in November 2016 and the version have helped many new versions to flourish.
In today’s informative article, we are going to discuss ‘how to install/ uninstall the plug-in on the QuickBooks Desktop?’.
Anyone with the older version and it also gets installed which makes complete with the steps below to uninstall with the old version and also install the new one. The subsequent updates loads automatically and with the new version of the plug-in.
The plug-in works with the versions as far as 2010 along with QuickBooks 1099 Wizard which is called completing the process. Also up to the year 2015, 2016, and 2017 with accountant and enterprise along with no newer versions.
NOTE: If you’re QuickBooks Desktop is hosted on a server or just through a hosting company. You may also need to see your IT person. The process can also host a company. Or you can directly get in touch with the QuickBooks Support team immediately..!
What are plugins in QuickBooks?
Plugins have the log of every entry in a detailed format that is either sent or not delivered to QuickBooks. They can be send to any entry in QuickBooks online easily. Often all orders are send to QuickBooks by default. However, if you can use setup roles and filters to restrict the number of orders sent to QuickBooks. In order to add a plugin to QuickBooks, you just need to head to the import tab available on the left menu of the QuickBooks desktop icon. Then select the QuickBooks desktop plugin and use the button displayed on the top in order to download the particular zip file that has the guidelines for the plugin and the exe file which will help to install the plugin.
How to Install/Uninstall the plugins QuickBooks Desktop?
The following steps will help you to understand the process for installing/uninstalling the plugin on QuickBooks desktop.
Verify Version of Plug in:
- At first, in the QuickBooks Desktop go to the “Menu” tab => Click on the “Vendors” tab => “com E-FILE” => “About” tab.
- If Version 1.5.2 is shown. You have the latest version and it does not need to reinstall.
Uninstall the plugins:
- At first, open the desktop and go to the “Add/ Remove Program” option or “Apps & Features” page.
- You can see it by moving to the “Home” page => “Settings” tab => “Apps & Features” in the Windows.
- After that, search the program or app named with ‘QB Plug-in’ and ‘QBFC Plugin’.
- Then, click or right-click on the program/ app named ‘QB Plugin’ & ‘QBFC Plugin’ and then select the “Uninstall” option.
- After that, confirm that you want to uninstall the program/app in the pop-up window.
- When uninstalling complete, you will receive a message. The program/ app have got uninstalled.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 304?
Download the Plugin and Install the Plugin:
- At first, one needs to deactivate the antivirus/ firewall system which temporarily while downloading.
- After that, one could sign into the TAX1099.com.
- After that, go to the “Import” tab => “QuickBooks Desktop” icon on the left “Menu” tab.
- Then, click on the “QuickBooks Desktop Plugin” icon.
- After that, use the button at the top to download the zip file containing the instructions for the plug-in and the executable (.exe) file that will install the plug-in.
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 77?
Install the Plugin:
- At first, close the QuickBooks Desktop application that you have open before installing.
- After that, disable with the ‘Antivirus/Network firewall program’ while installing the plug-in.
- Then, extract/unzip the files that you have downloaded.
- After that, double-click the .exe file to install the plug-in, if you have Windows 7 or Vista operating systems, you will need to right-click the .exe file & use the “Run as administrator”.
- On the certificate pop up, choose the 3rd option (Yes, whenever the QuickBooks company file is open) and check the box which is next to “Allow” icon, this application to access personal data…!
- That completes the installation of the plug-in.
- Activate the antivirus/network firewall.
Why install plugins in QuickBooks?
Plugins are basically third-party software components that can be installed in QuickBooks to enhance its functionality and capabilities. These plugins are designed to work with QuickBooks and further provide additional features and services which makes your task easier, that are not available in the standard QuickBooks software.
These plugins are meant to extend the software’s functionality and customize it to better fit the specific needs of a business. They can further provide features such as advanced reporting, inventory management, e-commerce integration, time tracking, credit card processing, and some accounting procedures as well as many other tasks.
Using these plugins, you can also help streamline workflows and automate tasks, which can save time and increase efficiency. They can further help businesses get more out of QuickBooks an optimize their accounting and financial management processes.
Why do users fail to uninstall plugins?
Often user fails to uninstall plugins in QuickBooks due to many reasons listed below:
- Insufficient permissions
- Incomplete installation
- Corrupted plugin files
- Conflict with other software
- Improper uninstallation
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6123, 0?
Hope that we endow you complete insight of the topic ‘how to uninstall and install the plug-in on QuickBooks Desktop’ has been resolved. For more information, you call us to our QuickBooks online support team at ++1-800-360-4183.
Thanks for visit us. Your always welcome on our website. We regularly shares blogs, ideas and latest news about the accounting and bookkeeping related issues and their fixation.