QuickBooks is a versatile tool that has been created to operate numerous business operations such as accounting, tax filing, bookkeeping, and payroll. The Tax 1099.com QuickBooks Desktop plugin didn’t update automatically with the latest QuickBooks version, 1.5.2, as in November 2016 and the version have helped many new versions to flourish.
In today’s informative article, we are going to discuss ‘how to install/ uninstall the plug-in on the QuickBooks Desktop?’.
Anyone with the older version and it also gets installed which makes complete with the steps below to uninstall with the old version and also install the new one. The subsequent updates loads automatically and with the new version of the plug-in.
The plug-in works with the versions as far as 2010 along with QuickBooks 1099 Wizard which is called completing the process. Also up to the year 2015, 2016, and 2017 with accountant and enterprise along with no newer versions.
NOTE: If you’re QuickBooks Desktop is hosted on a server or just through a hosting company. You may also need to see your IT person. The process can also host a company. Or you can directly get in touch with the QuickBooks Support team immediately..!
How to Install/Uninstall the plugins QuickBooks Desktop?
The following steps will help you to understand the process for installing/uninstalling the plugin on QuickBooks desktop.
Verify Version of Plug in:
- At first, in the QuickBooks Desktop go to the “Menu” tab => Click on the “Vendors” tab => “com E-FILE” => “About” tab.
- If Version 1.5.2 is shown. You have the latest version and it does not need to reinstall.
Uninstall the plugins:
- At first, open the desktop and go to the “Add/ Remove Program” option or “Apps & Features” page.
- You can see it by moving to the “Home” page => “Settings” tab => “Apps & Features” in the Windows.
- After that, search the program or app named with ‘QB Plug-in’ and ‘QBFC Plugin’.
- Then, click or right-click on the program/ app named ‘QB Plugin’ & ‘QBFC Plugin’ and then select the “Uninstall” option.
- After that, confirm that you want to uninstall the program/app in the pop-up window.
- When uninstalling complete, you will receive a message. The program/ app have got uninstalled.
Download the Plugin and Install the Plugin:
- At first, one needs to deactivate the antivirus/ firewall system which temporarily while downloading.
- After that, one could sign into the TAX1099.com.
- After that, go to the “Import” tab => “QuickBooks Desktop” icon on the left “Menu” tab.
- Then, click on the “QuickBooks Desktop Plugin” icon.
- After that, use the button at the top to download the zip file containing the instructions for the plug-in and the executable (.exe) file that will install the plug-in.
Install the Plugin:
- At first, close the QuickBooks Desktop application that you have open before installing.
- After that, disable with the ‘Antivirus/Network firewall program’ while installing the plug-in.
- Then, extract/unzip the files that you have downloaded.
- After that, double-click the .exe file to install the plug-in, if you have Windows 7 or Vista operating systems, you will need to right-click the .exe file & use the “Run as administrator”.
- On the certificate pop up, choose the 3rd option (Yes, whenever the QuickBooks company file is open) and check the box which is next to “Allow” icon, this application to access personal data…!
- That completes the installation of the plug-in.
- Activate the antivirus/network firewall.
Hope that we endow you complete insight of the topic ‘how to uninstall and install the plug-in on QuickBooks Desktop’ has been resolved. For more information, you call us to our QuickBooks online support team at +1-844-405-0907.
Thanks for visit us. Your always welcome on our website. We regularly shares blogs, ideas and latest news about the accounting and bookkeeping related issues and their fixation.