QuickBooks is the finest accounting & bookkeeping software that has been developed so far. While accessing or logging in QuickBooks, at times a thought of changing the registered email address might strike to the user’s mind, due to various reasons. Now, Intuit Inc. made it easy for the users to do it. Later, you can update the desired email address with the help of old email address. Updating the email address is essential, as it one of the basic or primary means of sending crucial and sensitive notifications and communications. Also, the email address is one way of retrieving the User ID or password. All these factors make it necessary for the users to keep updating the email address after a certain time period.
If you also feel the need to alter the email address, but do not know what to do, then this article is a savior for you. In this post, we will briefly introduce you the process to do so…! If you no longer have access to your old registered email, check out the Email change request. Or you can even directly reach to the QuickBooks online support team via our toll-free number i.e. 1-844-405-0907. Our team will perform the procedure for you without any hassle.
Do you want to change the registered email address? Now updating the QuickBooks associated email address is simple & effortless. There can be two possible situations listed below, let us check them out:
- If the old registered email is accessible, then in that case log into the QuickBooks Online & pursue a few straightforward steps to update the registered email address.
- Or if the old registered email is no longer accessible, go to the “Email change request” option.
Notifications you will receive
Notifications are one of the important aspects, as they can mean many things. There can be many forms of notification that the user might receive via email, a few of the examples are as follows:
- Payroll newsletters (Quarterly)
- Intuit QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Tax Table Update Notice.
- Auto renewal notices for annual subscribers.
- Order/Charge confirmation
- Other critical notices associated with the changes in the federal and state regulations
How to Change the Registered Email Address Associated with the User ID?
Below are the quickest steps to update your email address that is associated with the user ID:
- To begin with, the user is required to select the “Gear” icon on the Toolbar.
- Then, in the “Profile” section, choose the “User Profile” tab.
- After that, select the “Profile” icon.
- In the “Email address” section, select the “Edit” tab.
- Type-in the new email address & password.
- Click on the “Save” icon, and then “Done” icon.
- Verify the modifications by using the activation link in the email that’s sent to the old registered email address.
If you are a QuickBooks Online Accountant user:
- Hit on to the “Gear” icon on the Toolbar.
- In “Your Company” section, choose the “Your Account” tab.
- Select the “Personal profile” icon, and then choose the “Edit personal information” icon.
- In the “Your Sign-In Information” section, choose the “Change sign in info” tab.
- Choose “Continue” option, and then it will redirect you to the sign in page.
- Type-in the account credentials and then click on the “Sign in” option.
- Choose the “Profile” tab.
- In the “Email address” section, click on the “Edit” tab.
- Type-in the new email address & password, then choose the “Save” icon.
- There is a confirmation message that the information has been updated and then hit the “OK” button.
you may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code C=343?
Procedure to change the email address associated with your business
- Choose the “Gear” icon on the Toolbar.
- In “Your Company” section, choose the “Account and Settings” tab (or Company Settings).
- In the menu section, select the “Company” tab.
- From the “Contact Info” section, choose the “Pencil” icon.
- In the “Company email” field, type in the new email address. (Note: Check the box for the same as company email, if it’s the same email address that you use for your sales forms).
- Select the “Save” icon, and then click on the “Done” tab.
How to change the email associated with a location (for location tracking)?
- Select the “Gear” icon on the Toolbar.
- In the “Lists” tab, select the “All Lists” tab.
- Choose the “Locations” tab.
- Select the desired location you want to edit, and then in the drop-down lists on the action column, select the “Edit” tab.
- Check the box for this location has a different email address for communicating with customers.
- Type-in the email address, and then choose the “Save” tab.
Update email address for notifications
- First of all, sign in to “My Account”.
- In the next step, on the “Manage your QuickBooks page”, the user is required to select the product that is to be managed.
- After that, the user should check if he/she has logged in to the correct company, by looking at the top right corner. If not, the user should select the correct company from the drop down list.
- Moving ahead, the user should scroll down to the “Authorized users list”.
- And then, select the “Edit” option, beside the name.
- The next step in the process is to enter the “new email address” and hit “Save”. Also, select the “X” button to get back to the home page.
- Lastly, the user will receive notifications regarding the change in the email address.
Change email address in QuickBooks desktop
One can choose any of the below options to change email address in QuickBooks:
Option 1: Change an Email Address in QuickBooks Desktop for Signing in
One can try to modify the current email address and try to login into QuickBooks with another ID. The user is recommended to pick a product or service from the manage your QuickBooks page. After that find the company name option and choose the drop down menu which is next to it. One can further view edit login with the drop down. And further the email address can be changed using this feature. Let us have a look at the steps to be performed to change the email address:
- The first step is to sign in to QuickBooks desktop and then head to manage your QuickBooks.
- The next step is to choose a service or product that you need to manage.
- Now, press the dropdown option which is next to the company name.
- After that, click on the edit login tab
- And also hit the enter tab for profile
- Go for the edit option which is available near the email address
- The user is then required to enter in a new id in the email address
- And press confirm email address
- Enter the password that you are using loggin in and press svae tab
- On the new email id, wait for the verification
- And then, open the verification in inbox and click on the verify my email
- Make sure to click on continue after seeing the verified email
Option 2: Change an Email Address in QuickBooks Desktop for the Notifications
It should be noted that only after signing in to your account the process can be performed. You can use the existing email address. The steps involved here are as follows:
- The very first step is to sign in by entering my account
- After that on manage your QuickBooks, choose a product or service
- The next step is to ensure that the correct component is logged in. You can also select the appropriate business by selecting the menu tab.
- Note, the search list for authorised users right now.
- After that click edit by the name
- And also mention the modified or new email address.
- The user needs to choose the save from the menu.
- And also press the X button.
- After the steps have been performed, a notice will be delivered to the new email.
- This will confirm the email
How to Change Your Email Address in QuickBooks Online?
When you want to update or add new email to QuickBooks online, you can simply go for settings and choose a new ID to sign in to tour account by using settings. Note that the steps for QuickBooks online accountant change. Let us have a look at the steps to be performed to change email address in QuickBooks online.
Option 1: Changing QuickBooks Online Email Address for the Company
For changing an email address for your company, you can first open settings. For accountant and settings, look for your company. Select the company option and this will show up the contact information. Make sure you choose the correct id. And continue with the steps below.
- At first, the user needs to press the icon stating the settings tab.
- Now, look for the complete tab.
- The next step is to head to the account and settings tab.
- Once done with that, the user needs to choose the company from the available options.
- Followed by, click on the contact info.
- Now, enter the company’s updated or new email address.
- The next step is to choose the customer facing email.
- After that, hit save tab after entering the new email id
- The user is then required to click on new and also click on invoice that is below the customers.
- Once done with that, make a sample mail and click on save.
- Now, check that new email id has is present in the field and click on send and close.
- Once you receive the email, ensure that it mentions the new email address
Option 2: Change an Email Address in QuickBooks Online for Signing in
If you use QuickBooks online, then you need an email to access the account. You might not want to use the registered or preferred email ID for various reasons. You can simply change it by performing some set of steps. Head to the settings option to modify/update your email address. The steps below will help in changing the email address.
- The very first step is to open it by clicking on QuickBooks Online.
- Head to the Settings option of the software.
- Click on the options that are available.
- Furthermore, click on one of the following:
- Intuit Account
- Your Account
- Head to the section of Email Address.
- Click on the Edit option.
- End the process by signing in and entering the new email ID and then save it later on.
Option 3: In QuickBooks Online Accountant Change a Registered Email Address
This can be done by clicking the Gear icon and selecting the Company from the menu. Also click the Account tab. The steps below will help in completeing the process.
- The first step is to click on the Gear button in QuickBooks Online Accountant.
- Navigate to the Your Company option.
- You have to click on the tab titled that is Your Accountant.
- Go for the icon that looks like a Personal Profile.
- Furthermore, click on the symbol of Edit Personal Information.
- Head to the section that says Your Sign-in Information and then you have to visit the tab for Change Sign-in Info.
- Now, press the option of Continue.
- Also, mention your username and password on the sign-in page.
- Go for Sign in option.
- Head to the profile and look for the section of the Email Address. Enter this section.
- Now, hit Edit tab and enter your new email ID.
- For this ID you have to enter the password and then click on the Save option.
- Wait for the confirmation message that will confirm that the email address has been changed in QuickBooks Online Accountant.
- End the process by clicking on ok tab
You may also read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6073?
Once you save the modifications, the email address will be updated on the associated servers. Hopefully, this article would turn out to be helpful for you to know how to change your email address in QuickBooks ..! If you are still unable to change registered email address even after following the above steps are prescribed, then you can contact our QuickBooks toll-free helpline number .i.e. +1-844-405-0907 without waiting much time and efforts.
Our Intuit certified ProAdvisors will be happy to help you out in QuickBooks related issues.
You might also like: