QuickBooks is the finest accounting & bookkeeping software that has been developed so far. While accessing or logging in QuickBooks, at times a thought of changing the registered email address might strike to the user’s mind, due to various reasons. Now, Intuit Inc. made it easy for the users to do it. Later, you can update the desired email address with the help of old email address. Updating the email address is essential, as it one of the basic or primary means of sending crucial and sensitive notifications and communications. Also, the email address is one way of retrieving the User ID or password. All these factors make it necessary for the users to keep updating the email address after a certain time period.
If you also feel the need to alter the email address, but do not know what to do, then this article is a savior for you. In this post, we will briefly introduce you the process to do so…! If you no longer have access to your old registered email, check out the Email change request. Or you can even directly reach to the QuickBooks online support team via our toll-free number i.e. 1-844-405-0907. Our team will perform the procedure for you without any hassle.
Do you want to change the registered email address? Now updating the QuickBooks associated email address is simple & effortless. There can be two possible situations listed below, let us check them out:
- If the old registered email is accessible, then in that case log into the QuickBooks Online & pursue a few straightforward steps to update the registered email address.
- Or if the old registered email is no longer accessible, go to the “Email change request” option.
Notifications you will receive
Notifications are one of the important aspects, as they can mean many things. There can be many forms of notification that the user might receive via email, a few of the examples are as follows:
- Payroll newsletters (Quarterly)
- Intuit QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Tax Table Update Notice.
- Auto renewal notices for annual subscribers.
- Order/Charge confirmation
- Other critical notices associated with the changes in the federal and state regulations
How to Change the Registered Email Address Associated with the User ID?
Below are the quickest steps to update your email address that is associated with the user ID:
- To begin with, the user is required to select the “Gear” icon on the Toolbar.
- Then, in the “Profile” section, choose the “User Profile” tab.
- After that, select the “Profile” icon.
- In the “Email address” section, select the “Edit” tab.
- Type-in the new email address & password.
- Click on the “Save” icon, and then “Done” icon.
- Verify the modifications by using the activation link in the email that’s sent to the old registered email address.
If you are a QuickBooks Online Accountant user:
- Hit on to the “Gear” icon on the Toolbar.
- In “Your Company” section, choose the “Your Account” tab.
- Select the “Personal profile” icon, and then choose the “Edit personal information” icon.
- In the “Your Sign-In Information” section, choose the “Change sign in info” tab.
- Choose “Continue” option, and then it will redirect you to the sign in page.
- Type-in the account credentials and then click on the “Sign in” option.
- Choose the “Profile” tab.
- In the “Email address” section, click on the “Edit” tab.
- Type-in the new email address & password, then choose the “Save” icon.
- There is a confirmation message that the information has been updated and then hit the “OK” button.
you may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code C=343?
Procedure to change the email address associated with your business
- Choose the “Gear” icon on the Toolbar.
- In “Your Company” section, choose the “Account and Settings” tab (or Company Settings).
- In the menu section, select the “Company” tab.
- From the “Contact Info” section, choose the “Pencil” icon.
- In the “Company email” field, type in the new email address. (Note: Check the box for the same as company email, if it’s the same email address that you use for your sales forms).
- Select the “Save” icon, and then click on the “Done” tab.
How to change the email associated with a location (for location tracking)?
- Select the “Gear” icon on the Toolbar.
- In the “Lists” tab, select the “All Lists” tab.
- Choose the “Locations” tab.
- Select the desired location you want to edit, and then in the drop-down lists on the action column, select the “Edit” tab.
- Check the box for this location has a different email address for communicating with customers.
- Type-in the email address, and then choose the “Save” tab.
Update email address for notifications
- First of all, sign in to “My Account”.
- In the next step, on the “Manage your QuickBooks page”, the user is required to select the product that is to be managed.
- After that, the user should check if he/she has logged in to the correct company, by looking at the top right corner. If not, the user should select the correct company from the drop down list.
- Moving ahead, the user should scroll down to the “Authorized users list”.
- And then, select the “Edit” option, beside the name.
- The next step in the process is to enter the “new email address” and hit “Save”. Also, select the “X” button to get back to the home page.
- Lastly, the user will receive notifications regarding the change in the email address.
You may also read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6073?
Once you save the modifications, the email address will be updated on the associated servers. Hopefully, this article would turn out to be helpful for you to know how to change your email address in QuickBooks ..! If you are still unable to change registered email address even after following the above steps are prescribed, then you can contact our QuickBooks toll-free helpline number .i.e. +1-844-405-0907 without waiting much time and efforts.
Our Intuit certified ProAdvisors will be happy to help you out in QuickBooks related issues.
You might also like: