Sending emails directly from QuickBooks saves a lot of time and effort. However, at times, users might find an error that states: QuickBooks is unable to send emails due to network connection failure. Such an error in QuickBooks can usually occur due to misconfigured settings. This error can be a bit annoying, so here we are to help you eliminate such an error in QuickBooks.
In this piece of writing, we are going to share the complete information related to errors in sending emails, especially in the case of a network connection failure. Thus, make sure to stick around this segment till the end, or you can further connect with our technically sound QuickBooks support team for any sort of further technical assistance. Give us a call at +1-800-360-4183, and we will answer all your queries immediately.
Error Messages with Solution
- You have entered an incorrect email address or password: For this, you log in to the email account using the web browser. Further, check whether the email address and password that you have entered are working or not.
- You are not connected to the internet or the firewall is blocking the connection: You need to first open the Internet Explorer browser and further open the website to look for the internet connection.
- Your email server settings are incorrect: For such error, you need to check and certify that the settings of webmail preferences are done properly.
What causes QuickBooks unable to send emails error?
As we mentioned earlier, there are a bunch of factors that might trigger this issue in QuickBooks. Let us explore what causes this error:
- In case the Windows firewall is hindering QuickBooks from functioning, then such an error can be experienced.
- Another trigger for the same can be incorrect internet settings.
- You can also experience a similar issue if the .nd and.tlg files are corrupted.
- Also, if the server is having some backend issues.
- Or QuickBooks installer files got damaged.
- Various QuickBooks database windows are in use.
Effective methods to eliminate errors QuickBooks unable to send emails
Now that you know what factors can cause QuickBooks unable to send email errors, it is time to implement the right steps to get rid of this issue. Let us evaluate each of the methods one by one:
Method 1: Use QuickBooks Tool Hub
- The very first step is to Download QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Further, run the tool as an admin
- Once done with that use the tool and diagnose QuickBooks for any data and network-related errors.
- You can make use of the QuickBooks tool hub, QuickBooks file doctor tool, Quick Fix My program, and QuickBooks install diagnostic tool to fix various issues that appear.
Method 2: Configure the email preferences
It is essential to identify if the email preference is correctly configured or not. You can perform the below steps in such scenario:
- You need to first run QuickBooks as an admin
- Further, click on the edit tab.
- Once done with that, click on preferences.
- The next step is to pick the send forms option.
- Now, click on my preferences tab.
- You now have to toggle the options in the send e-mail option.
- Heading forward, click on ok tab.
- Also, close QuickBooks.
- After that, restart Windows and run QuickBooks as admin.
- Lastly, try to send a test email.
Method 3: Repair MAPI32.dll
The MAPI32.dll file is usually responsible for handling email messages and other functions in Microsoft Outlook. In order to repair this file, you can perform the steps below:
- In this method, you need to open the control panel and click on programs and features or add/remove programs.
- After that, find Microsoft Office or Outlook in the list of installed programs and opt for it.
- Now, click on the change/modify option to open the Microsoft Office setup wizard.
- Opt for the repair option.
- After the repair process ends, reboot the system.
Method 4: Use a different email client
When there is a network connection failure, you can try to use a different email client to send emails. The steps involved in using a different email client are as follows:
- You need to open an email client other than the one you were using previously like M.S. outlook, gmail, etc.
- Now, navigate to the compose option.
- Enter the email of the person to send and also the subject.
- The last step is to type in a message and send an email.
Method 5: Clean Install QuickBooks
Another method you can try to implement is to clean install QuickBooks. The steps involved in this procedure are as follows:
- Initially, you need to open the control panel.
- Once done with that, move to programs and features.
- Now, click on QuickBooks.
- After that, right-click on it and then click on the uninstall option.
- After the program is uninstalled, move to the QuickBooks folder and rename it.
- Now, get the QuickBooks program reinstalled on the system
- Also, register and activate QuickBooks.
- After all the steps above, you can run QuickBooks as admin.
- Try sending a test email and check if the email is sent successfully.
Method 6: Make Internet Explorer the default browser
- This method requires you to close QuickBooks at first.
- Once done with that, run the Internet Explorer browser from the start menu.
- After that, move to tools.
- Also, select the settings tab and click on the internet options.
- Move to the programs tab.
- Followed by clicking on the set programs option.
- Click on Set your default programs option and further select the email service.
- Hit on the apply tab.
- Now, click on the OK tab.
- Close the Internet Explorer and re-run QuickBooks as admin.
Method 7: Update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest
- Here you need to run QuickBooks as admin.
- Now, head to the help tab.
- Once done with that, click on Update QuickBooks desktop.
- Select the Get Updates tab.
- Ensure to checkmark the reset updates box before commencing with the update process.
- When the updates are downloaded, close and re-open QuickBooks to let these updates get installed on the system.
Manual Steps to update QuickBooks
You can try performing the below set of steps to manually update QuickBooks. Let us have a look:
- First, move to the website of Intuit from the browser.
- Now, choose the QuickBooks product and version installed on the system.
- Further, click on the update tab in order to download the update.
- Click on the Setup automatic updates tab.
- Download and install QuickBooks.
Method 7: Check for the webmail settings
You can check the settings related to the webmail preferences to eliminate such an error in QuickBooks. The steps involved here are:
- Run QuickBooks as admin.
- Further, right-click the desktop icon and click on run as admin.
- Move to the edit menu.
- Within the edit menu, go for preferences.
- Select the send forms option.
- You will further have to click on my preferences and select the email account.
- Go for the account and click on the edit tab.
- Advance to the SMTP server details section.
- Further, enter the server name and port to the email provider settings.
When you are unable to send emails in QuickBooks due to network connection failure, it can be extremely devastating. However, performing the above set of steps can help you with the elimination of QuickBooks email issues due to network connection failure. On the contrary, if you have any queries or if the error persists even after performing the set of steps enumerated above, then in that case feel free to connect with our technical support team at +1-800-360-4183, and we will help you with all your queries immediately.
Read other helpful articles