QuickBooks is leading accounting software that used by various businesses of a wide range. It is the most famous software for accounting & bookkeeping purpose as anyone can use this software even a non-accountant or non-technical person. The user-friendly interface allows the users to perform tasks on it swiftly. In this technical blog post, we will aware our readers about one of a common QuickBooks error code that is – QuickBooks Error Code 6130, 0.
In this article, we have discussed about this error and it’s causes. However, you can save your time and efforts by calling our QuickBooks error support team at +1-844-405-0907.
You might also like: How to Fix QuickBooks error 31?
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6130, 0
Check out the trait of QuickBooks Error Code 6130, 0 as given below:
- The Error 6130, 0 appears on the computer display with frequent active window crashes
- The computer frequently crashes with this error while running the same program
- The Error Code 6130, 0 will appear on display
- The system windows run sluggishly
- The mouse and keyboard inputs work slowly
- Computer “freezes” repeatedly after the short interval of time-frames
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 6130, 0
Check out the reasons due to which QuickBooks Error 6130 appears on the screen:
- Corrupt QuickBooks software download
- Incomplete QuickBooks accounting software installation
- Corrupt Windows registry
- Corrupt QBW files or Windows system files due to the attack of harmful virus & malware
- Mistakenly deleted QuickBooks files or programs
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 3003?
Methods to Solve QuickBooks Error Code 6130, 0
Check out the list of troubleshooting steps given below:
Method 1: Repair the Windows Registries
- Firstly, Hit on the Start button
- In the search box, type the “command” but Do Not press the Enter yet..!
- Hold the “Ctrl+Shift” on the keyboard & press the “Enter”
- You will be prompt with a permission dialog box
- Now Choose the Yes
- A black box will appear with a blinking dialog box
- Type the “regedit” and choose the Enter button
- In the File menu, just select the Export option
- Go to the Save In list & select a particular folder where you can save the QuickBooks desktop key
- After that Go to the File Name box & type the name of the backup file
- Now Go to the Export Range box & make sure that the “Selected branch”
- Now Hit on the Save button
- The file will automatically save in the .reg file extension format
- Finally, you have the backup of QuickBooks related entries
Read Also: Ways to Connect your QuickBooks with PayPal Online
Method 2: Full Malware Scan of the Computer
The malware is the threat to the system as well as to the programs that are running on that. These malicious threats can damage, delete, or corrupt the error related files. Thus, we recommend you to conduct a full system scan to detect & eliminate the harmful malware from the system.
Method 3: Use the Disk Cleanup to Clean Out the System Junk
Our personal computer accumulates junk files while web surfing & regular computer use. The overtime use creates a cluster of junk files that makes the system slow & sluggish in response. It may also cause the error 6130, 0..! Thus, it is essential to use the Disk Cleanup to remove such junk to improve the performance of the computer.
Procedure to Run the Disk Cleanup tool:
- The first step you need to perform is Hit the Start button
- In the search box, type the “command”…. Do Not hit Enter
- Hold the Ctrl+Shift keys on the keyboard.
- Click the Enter button
- You will be prompt with a permission dialog box.
- Hit the Yes button
- In the search bar, type the “cleanmgr” and choose the Enter
- Disk Cleanup will evaluate the space occupied by the temporary file & allows you to remove it.
- At last, Select the boxes of the categories you want to clean & click OK.
Method 4: Use the Windows System Restore to “Undo” the Recent System Changes
Windows system restore allows the system user to go back in time to return your system files & programs. Check out the steps to use the System Restore tool:
- Hit the Start Button
- Now Type “System Restore” in the search box & click the Enter tab
- Click the System Restore
- If prompted, enter any administration passwords
- Follow the steps in the Wizard to choose a restore point
- Restore your computer
Method 5: Run the Windows System File Checker (“sfc/scannow”)
System File Checker is one of an efficient & easy tool that allows the QuickBooks user to scan & restore corruptions in the Windows System Files.
Procedure to Run the System File Checker (Windows XP, 7, 8, 10, and Vista)
- Hit the Start button
- Type “command” in the search box… DO NOT hit the Enter button
- Hold the Ctrl+Shift on the keyboard & hit the Enter
- You will be prompt with a permission dialog box
- Hit the Yes button
- A black screen will open with the name on the top as “Command Prompt.”
- Type the “sfc/scannow” and click the Enter
- The scanning process will get started by the System File Checker to remove the Error 6130, 0
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 80040408?
Method 6: Uninstall & Reinstall the QB Programs Related with Error 6130, 0
In case, the QuickBooks error code 6130, 0 associated with a specific QB program – just reinstall the QuickBooks software.
To Reinstall, just follow the steps given below:
- Hit the Start button to open the Programs and Features
- Choose the Control Panel on the menu’s right side
- Click on the Programs
- Hit the Programs and Features
- Locate the Error 6130,0 associated program
- Click on the QB associated entry
- Finally, Select the Uninstall button on the top menu
Method 7: Install All the Available Windows Updates
This error code potentially occurs due to uninstalled available Windows updates. But, time-to-time Microsoft launch updates & improvement in the Windows System files that could associate with the QuickBooks code 6130, 0.
Steps to check of the Windows updates (Windows XP, 7, 8, 10, and Vista)
- Hit the Start button
- In the search box, type “update” and click the Enter
- The Windows Update dialogue box will appear
- In case, the updates are available – hit the Install Updates icon
The QuickBooks Error Code 6130, 0 can occur in any of the following Microsoft Windows operating systems:
- MS Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Windows 10
- MS Windows ME
- Windows Vista
- Microsoft Windows 8
Read this also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 80070057?
Method 8: Rename QuickBooks File
QuickBooks files such as .ND and .TGL are configuration files that allow you to access the company files. Corruption to these files may cause error 6130. Renaming these files can help you fix it.
- Find files with .ND and .TGL extensions.
- Right-click on files with .ND and .TGL extensions and click rename.
- Rename the files by adding “OLD” towards the end of the filename.
- Open QuickBooks and try to access the files. If the error persists, follow the next steps.
Method 9: Restart Database Service for QuickBooks on the Server
- Open Run window on your server computer by pressing Windows and R keys simultaneously.
- Type “services.msc” in the open box and press Enter.
- Look for “QuickBooksDBXX” service, (XX represents the version of your QB Desktop software).
- Click on the service and then press Start from the left side panel.
- Now, open the company file and see if the issue has been fixed.
- If the error persists, follow the next troubleshooting step.
Read Also: What are the ways to resolve QuickBooks error OL-301?
The solution mentioned in this technical blog related QuickBooks Error code 6130, 0 is enough to fix the issue..! In a scenario where the error code persists, we recommend you to contact the QuickBooks premier support team. You can contact us also to get technical help for your QuickBooks software.
We are world’s leading QuickBooks help and support service provider having a strong & efficient certified technicians. For an instant and simplified solution, you can dial our toll-free helpline number i.e. 1-844-405-0907. Help is provided 24/7 by our experts.
The company file forms the nucleus of all operations conducted on QuickBooks. However, it may differ from variegated technical issues. QuickBooks Error 6130 0 can occur when users try to get access to their company file through QuickBooks. They instead get obstructed by an error message stating “QuickBooks Error 6130 0 : QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close”.
The below can be the factors triggering this issue 1: The company file is corrupted. 2: The company file got moved from its original location. 3: Windows Registry might be corrupted. 4: QuickBooks was incorrectly installed on the computer, or the installation was partially completed due to a power failure. 5: Excess of system junk can also invoke QuickBooks Error 6130 0.
QuickBooks Error 6XXX can be resolved pretty easily by performing the methods mentioned below: Method 1: Run System File Checker. Method 2: Restore the system. Method3: Change the filename of the Company file. Method 4: Restart the QuickBooks Database Server.
Read more topics:
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6150?
Steps to Record an opening balance in QuickBooks