While carrying out daily accounting activities, one might have to print certain documents or pdf. However, at times due to certain factors like improper Windows print components, missing PDF components, or QuickBooks desktop setup, one might face issues with printing payroll tax forms, statements, and other documents. QuickBooks unable to locate PDF viewer is one such error that can be experienced by QuickBooks users. PDF viewer in QuickBooks is an essential component for the software to access the documents and the absence of this component can create issues in opening the essential files.
QuickBooks unable to locate the PDF viewer error can be seen when the Windows print components are damaged or outdated. To further learn about this issue in QuickBooks, sticking around this piece of writing can surely help. However, if you do not want to eliminate the error on your own, then you can simply get in touch with our technical support team at +1-844-318-0008, and they will help you tackle all sorts of QuickBooks-related issues.
What causes QuickBooks unable to locate PDF viewer errors?
There are a bunch of factors causing such an error in QuickBooks desktop, which include:
- The Adobe Reader version installed on Windows is outdated.
- Another possible reason can be if the QuickBooks doesn’t have Adobe Reader set up as the default PDF viewer app.
- You can also come across a similar issue if the QuickBooks desktop software is missing the latest updates.
- Also, if the qbprint.qbp file is either damaged or missing from the installation directory.
Effective solutions to fix unable to locate pdf viewer error in QuickBooks
Errors related to pdf like ABS PDF driver install error, PDF and print errors, or unable to locate pdf viewer errors are pretty common in QuickBooks. You can try out the below set of steps and solutions to rectify the error unable to locate the pdf viewer in QuickBooks. Let us explore the solutions one by one:
Solution 1: Repair, update, and reinstall Adobe Reader
Just in case you are unable to open a PDF document after selecting Adobe as the default program, then you might face an issue with the PDF reader software. Here is how you can update, repair, and reinstall Adobe Reader.
Update Adobe Reader
- You need to navigate to the Adobe Acrobat Reader Download Page
- Further, note the version shown on the page and also open the Adobe Reader App
- Once done with that, you need to navigate to the help tab and also choose About Adobe Reader.
- Heading forward, check if the Adobe version shown on the page and Adobe’s website is the same.
- Moreover, if the versions don’t match, then you need to click on the help tab.
- Further, choose the check for updates tab.
- Carry out the onscreen prompts to update the PDF viewer.
Repair Adobe Reader
- Close all running programs and open Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Followed by, heading to the help tab and also click on repair acrobat installation.
- Permit the application to repair itself and further, when the repair is complete, reboot the system and check if the users can print the document using QuickBooks.
Reinstall Adobe PDF viewer
One can use the program and features option in the control panel to uninstall Adobe PDF viewer. The same can be reinstalled later on using the steps below:
- First, you need to open the run command and type the command appwiz.cpl to open the program and features window.
- Once done with that, choose the option to view installed updates further right-click on Adobe, and choose the option to uninstall.
- Also, move to the web page for Adobe Acrobat reader download.
- And then, click on the option to install now and choose the correct Windows version from the drop-down list.
- Once the update file is downloaded, click on the option to run and hit the finish tab.
Rename Qbprint.qbp file
You can try to rename the Qbprint.qbp file to fix QuickBooks unable to locate the PDF viewer issue. The steps involved in renaming the file are as follows:
- Start by opening the Windows file manager
- Further, click on the organize option.
- You now have to choose the folder and search option.
- Under the view tab, you need to uncheck show hidden files, folders, and drivers.
- Head to the Program Data folder in the C drive and then open the Intuit Folder.
- You will then have to double-click the QuickBooks folder and also right-click the Qbprint.qbp to open it.
- After that, choose the option to rename and add old instead of .qbp (qbprint.old)
- The last step is to save the file and check if the Unable to locate PDF viewer error continues.
Related Article: How to Troubleshoot Unable to Print Problem in QuickBooks?
Solution 2: Set Adobe Reader as the default PDF viewer
For Windows 7, 8, & 8.1
If you are a Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 user, then you need to carry out the below steps to set Adobe Reader as the default PDF viewer. The steps involved are:
- At first, click on the Windows start menu and choose the control panel from there.
- You now have to select programs and click on set default programs
- The next step is to find and choose Adobe Reader
- Choose set this program as default.
For Windows 10
- You need to first click on the Windows start menu
- After that, click on the settings tab and choose apps.
- Further, click on default apps.
- Scroll down to pdf and choose its default program.
- Also, choose Adobe Acrobat Reader and click on Switch anyway
Solution 3: Run QuickBooks PDF and Print Repair Tool from the Tool Hub Program
QuickBooks tool hub consists of a bunch of tools that can help you eliminate issues that you come across when working on QuickBooks. You can access the pdf and print repair tool from QB tool hub to eliminate this error successfully. The steps involved in here are:
- Initially, close QuickBooks and download the latest version of QuickBooks Tool hub.
- After that, open the program and navigate to the program problems tab.
- You now have to opt for QuickBooks pdf and print repair tool also note this might take a minute or so to complete.
- After the scan process ends, you need to check that the issue with the pdf viewer is fixed.
- The last step is to try viewing, printing, emailing, or saving as a PDF from QuickBooks again to check if the issue continues.
QuickBooks PDF viewer not found error can hinder the smooth working of the software, especially when printing pdf and documents. Thus, it becomes essential to rectify the issue as soon as possible. However, if for some reason, you are unable to tackle with the issue, or if you need any sort of technical assistance in dealing with such an error, then in that case, do not hesitate in contacting our technical support team at +1-844-318-0008, and we will provide you with immediate support and guidance.
Other Related Articles You Must Read: