Learn the easy steps to troubleshoot the QuickBooks desktop installation errors:
QuickBooks is an innovative software! But it isn’t something very rare for it to receive issues. One of the many troubles reported by users is QuickBooks Installation Error. This error may trouble both Windows and Mac users. This error doesn’t allow the QuickBooks to start, or hinder it from opening and functioning entirely even after clicking QuickBooks or company file icon. There might be multiple reasons to stop QuickBooks accounting software from opening.
Here in this article, we will discuss some competent techniques to fix these QuickBooks desktop installation errors such as downloading QuickBooks installer setup failed. However, you can also take assistance from our QuickBooks enterprise support team to save your valuable time and efforts. All you need is to ring us up at +1-800-360-4183, and our certified professionals will help you with immediate assistance.
List of QuickBooks Desktop Installation Errors
You can land into various errors when installing QuickBooks desktop. These errors include:
What May be the reasons for QuickBooks installation errors?
There might be one or more of the following reasons to trigger the QuickBooks error:
- This error may occur if you open QuickBooks multiple times. If you double-click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon repeatedly, it would prevent your QB company file from opening successfully
- It may be caused due to an incorrect way that you undertake to open a particular file type
- The problem may be with reports and other windows within the file
- The installation error may also occur if you employ any improper version of QuickBooks to open the company file, folder, compressed or encrypted file
- Improper file name and extension, or data corruption may also trigger this issue
You may also read: How to Fix QuickBooks Update Error 1603?
Backup Company File Before Fixing Installation Issues
In order to take a backup of your company file, make sure to perform the steps enumerated below. Backing up the company file helps in restoring the data in case you lose it or it gets damaged.
- Initially, you need to open QuickBooks desktop.
- Further, click on the file menu that is present at the top of QuickBooks.
- You now have to head to the dropdown menu.
- Also, click on the backup company file option.
- And create local backup option.
- In the backup window, select the option local backup.
- Further click on the next tab to proceed with the process.
- Now, click on browse tab and select the location to save the backup file.
- You now have to choose the location where you want to save and further click on ok tab.
- Click on save tab.
- Press next tab to proceed for starting backup.
- After it is done, you will get notified.
Fixation of QuickBooks Desktop Installation Errors
These are the steps to solve the installation errors for Windows and Mac. You need to follow each and every steps in order to resolve QuickBooks installation errors i.e (Error 1603, Error 1935, Error 1904 or Error 1402)
Method 1: Close QBW32.exe process
- First of all, Go to windows task bar, do a right-click and select “Start Task Manager“
- Click on the “Processes” tab
- Sort alphabetically by clicking on the “Image Name header“
- Select “EXE“ file
- Click on the “End Process“
Method 2: Suppress the QuickBooks application
- Right-click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon, press and hold the “Ctrl key“ on the keyboard and select “Open“.
- Open the “company file“.
Method 3: Restart your computer
- QuickBooks installation error and many other QuickBooks and windows errors may disappear just by restarting your system.
- Restarting PC means that all your software will open up fresh.
- After you restart your computer, try to open QuickBooks by clicking on the icon.
- Restarting computer also resets the wrong changes made by you during your last session.
Method 4: Re-register QuickBooks software related components in Windows
- Re-registering QB related components in Windows is another dependable way of getting rid of installation error.
- You can re-register components like “.DLL and .OCX files“ in MS Windows.
- Also, run “reboot.bat“ file.
Method 5: Repair your QuickBooks installation
- You can replace all faulty installation files of QuickBooks by running a software repair on your QuickBooks Installation.
Method 6: Perform a clean installation
- If the issue persists even after performing all the solutions mentioned above, you can Perform a clean installation of QuickBooks.
- It will end up in QuickBooks reinstall and all the installation files during current folders however, those files will remain intact within the same default folder location.
Method 7: Update Windows
You can update windows to fix installation errors to a certain extent. The steps that can be performed here are:
- Initially, review how to manually update sections of the Microsoft Article and then update the version of windows.
- Once done with that, reboot the system.
- You now have to open QuickBooks and the company file, if you were able to open QuickBooks before the error was seen.
- In case you weren’t, then install QuickBooks desktop again.
Open QuickBooks and check if the issue continues.
Related article: How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error 30114?
Method 8: Download QuickBooks tool hub and use Install diagnostic tool
QuickBooks tool hub can help you use multiple tools easily without having to download each of them individually. The steps to download QuickBooks tool hub and access the install diagnostic tool to fix the installation errors in QuickBooks is as follows:
- First, close QuickBooks.
- Download QuickBooks hub file from the official Intuit website.
- Save the file where you can access it easily.
- Open the file.
- And perform the onscreen instructions to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Double click the icon and if you are not able to, then make sure to search in windows for QuickBooks tool hub.
It should be noted that, in case you are unable to identify the icon, search in windows for QuickBooks tool hub and choose the program.
- You now have to choose the installation issues.
- And go for the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool and let the tool run.
- Note that the tool might take some time or can even take around 20 minutes.
- Once the process ends, reboot the system.
Method 9: Manually fix windows components
Just in case the install diagnostic tool and the other methods didn’t help you in eliminating error, then try performing the steps below related to manually fixing the windows components. Let us have a look:
- Repair or reinstall Microsoft.net framework.
- After that, repair Microsoft MSXML.
Method 10: Use selective startup mode to install QuickBooks in safe mode
You can install QuickBooks in safe mode using the selective startup mode with the help of the steps listed below:
- At first, create a backup of the company file and keep a copy of QuickBooks desktop product and license info in hand.
- Furthermore, start system in selective startup mode by performing the steps below:
- Press windows + R and open run command.
- Once done with that, enter msconfig and click on ok tab.
- You now have to choose the selective startup and load system services.
- Heading forward, go to the services tab and select hide all Microsoft services.
- Select hide all microsoft services checkbox.
- And ensure that the windows installer checkbox is opted.
- Now, click on ok tab and reboot.
- Uninstall or install QuickBooks desktop
- Switch back to normal startup mode
- Press windows + R to open the run box.
- Enter msconfig and click on ok tab.
- From the general tab, select the normal startup.
- And click on ok tab.
- And lastly, select the reboot tab.
How to Fix QuickBooks desktop MacBook Pro update errors?
You can try the following steps for QuickBooks troubleshooting update error with Macbook:
- Open “MacBook Pro“
- Go to ‘File > click Utility > click Verify Data” (In case no errors detected)
- Tap on “End / restart” button
- Finally, Restart “MacBook Pro“
This article consists of several general steps to fix the QuickBooks desktop installation errors for different types of data files that will not open or restore. We hope that you find this article helpful. However, if you still face the QB installation Error, you can speak to our QuickBooks experts at +1-800-360-4183. We are a leading QuickBooks support service provider. We boast of cutting-edge tools and technologies. With us at your disposal, you will get the most appropriate of the solutions in the least time possible.
FAQs related to QuickBooks Installation Errors
You can repair common installation errors in QuickBooks using the steps below:
1. Update Windows OS
2. Download QuickBooks tool hub and use Install diagnostic tool
3. Manually fix windows components
4. Use selective startup mode to install QuickBooks on safe mode
This error shows that QuickBooks is unable to open the installation key. It may be due to a bunch of factors such as partial or damaged installation of QuickBooks, missing windows components, corrupted payroll.
Yes, it is possible to install multiple QuickBooks versions on a single computer successfully. Note that you might need a license.
Some other recommended articles: