Discovering errors in QuickBooks is pretty common, as the software involves various features and functionalities. One such error that we are going to discuss about today is the QuickBooks error code 1903. This error is often experienced when you are trying to install QuickBooks desktop or when opening it after the installation of the software on the system. This error is a technical error can be considered as a runtime error. You can also experience this issue as a result of .Net framework. Moreover, it interrupts in opening the program and also freeze the software.
There can be a bunch of other factors triggering such an error in QuickBooks. To learn what those factors are, along with the steps to eliminate them, make sure to read this segment right away. Or you can also speak to our technical support professionals at our toll-free +1-844-405-0907 and ask our team to eliminate the issue of QuickBooks error on your behalf.
What instigates QuickBooks error code 1903?
In order to eliminate the error from its root cause, it is essential to understand what factors trigger such an error. Let us have a look:
- A basic factor causing this issue can be improper QuickBooks installation
- Or if the windows isn’t working properly
- Another trigger can be if there is any issue with the Microsoft .Net framework
- The user can also experience this issue if the components are damaged, which includes the Microsoft MSXML and C++ files
You may also see: Resolve QuickBooks Error QBWC1039 (Web Connector Error)
Solutions to eliminate QuickBooks Error Code 1903
The user can try performing the below set of steps to get rid of the issue permanently:
Solution 1: Fix Windows components manually
One can try using the steps below to fix the QuickBooks install error 1903. The steps below can help.
Step 1: Repairing Microsoft .Net framework
- The very first step is to press win + R keys
- After that, enter control in the run window
- The user is then required to head to the programs option and then move to program and features option
- Now, click on turn windows features on or off
- If .net framework 3.5 and later are checked, then uncheck them and click on ok tab
- The user is then required to reboot the system
- And ensure to check .net framework 3.5 and later pay attention to the onscreen steps
Step 2: Repair Microsoft MSXML
The steps for MSXML differ from the above steps. Let us have a look:
- The first step is to press windows + R
- Now, enter in appwiz.cpl and click on ok tab
- The next step is to select MSXML 6.0 from the list and click on uninstall
- Once done with that, download the MSXML.msi file from the Microsoft website
- Now, double click on it and perform the onscreen prompts
- The last step is to install the QuickBooks desktop after completing the install of MSXML file
Solution 2: Restart the system in selective startup mode
The steps below can performed to fix the issue by simply starting the system in selective startup mode.
- Here, the first step is to press windows + R and a run box will appear on the screen
- The user is then required to enter MSCONFIG into the run box and click on ok tab
- Under the general tab and then click on selective startup option
- Make sure that the load startup items option is unchecked
- The next step is to click on ok tab
- And also click on reboot tab
- The user will then have to uninstall and reinstall the QuickBooks desktop
- You can now get your system back to normal startup mode by clicking on win + R
- And open the run window
- The user is hen required to enter msconfig into the run box and click on ok tab
- The next step is to select normal startup
- Once done with that click on apply tab and also hit ok tab
- The last step is to reboot the system
Solution 3: Use the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
Often the errors can be resolved using the tools provided by the QuickBooks software itself. One can try eliminating this error by using the install diagnostic tool from the tool hub.
Step 1:Download and install QuickBooks tool hub
- Start the process by downloading the QuickBooks tool hub
- Once done with that download folder by pressing ctrl + J
- The next step is to double click on QuickBookstoolhub.exe
- Now, click on yes tab to permit this app to make changes
- The user is then required click on yes to permit this app to make changes
- After that, click on next to install it and click on yes again for accepting the license agreement
- Click on next and then install tab
- The last step here is to open QuickBooks tool hub
Step 2: Run QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
The steps involved under this process are as follows:
- Start with opening the QuickBooks tool hub
- Now, move to the installation issues tab and also click on the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
- This might take some time to configure
- After that click on yes to accept the license agreement
- The user is then required to click on proceed to start repairs on the QuickBooks desktop components
- End the process to reboot the system
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error TD500 (There was a problem with your update)?
Solution 4: Updating Windows to resolve QuickBooks Error 1903
If none of the above steps work, make sure to perform the steps below related to updating windows.
- The first step is to update the windows by right clicking the start tab
- And also choose the settings options
- Click on the update and security
- Now, move to the windows update section
- And click on check for updates
- If the updates are available to download, then start installing it automatically
- The last step is to reboot the system now
Now that you know the steps that are to be performed to eliminate the issue from its root cause, it is the right time to implement the steps to get rid of the issue. However, if you are stuck at any point in time or if you require any further assistance in fixing the issue, then feel free to connect with our QuickBooks tech support professionals at our toll-free +1-844-405-0907 and they will help you in getting rid of the issue permanently. We are a team of experienced QuickBooks professionals who provide immediate support and assistance for all sort of QuickBooks related issue.