Experiencing technical glitches in QuickBooks is not something new. The reason is loads of code and algorithms. One such error that we are going to highlight in this piece of writing is QuickBooks keeps crashing issue. This is quite an annoying error and does not let the user perform any activity on QuickBooks. As a consequence of such an error, one might lose the unsaved data, which can be frustrating at times. There can be multiple reasons behind the occurrence of such an error, which we will be trying to discuss later in this segment along with the steps associated with them to chuck off the issue successfully.
If you are also facing QuickBooks crashing issue any such error and want an immediate fix for the same, then going through this piece of writing is all that we recommend. However, if the reader wants any sort of technical assistance, then getting in touch with our team professionals at +1-844-318-0008, can also be of great assistance. We are a team of technically sound QuickBooks professionals who work round the clock to provide the best possible support assistance.
You may also see: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6123, 0?
Set of steps to fix QuickBooks crashing issue
Following are the steps that one can perform so as to deal with such an error in this accounting software. Let us explore in detail.
Procedure 1: Suppressing QuickBooks desktop
This is a very basic issue and doesn’t involve many steps.
- The user needs to first double click the QuickBooks desktop when holding the Ctrl + shift keys
- Later on, wait for the software to open before releasing the keys
- Now, the users will a window that states no company open and this would suppress the QuickBooks software and fix the issue up to a certain extent.
Procedure 2: Run QuickBooks database server manager
- The user will first have to press the ctrl + J keys to go to the downloads after downloading the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Now, click on QuickBookstoolhub.exe file that was downloaded earlier
- Also, hit the yes tab
- And click on the next to install it
- After that click on yes to accept the license agreement
- The user should click on next tab and head to the installation issues tab
- After the installation is complete the user is supposed to hit finish tab
- Later on, open QuickBooks tool hub
- And go for the QuickBooks database server manager from the network issues tab
- Let the tool run and this would fix the issue up to a certain extent.
Procedure 3: Copy the company file to the desktop
- Move to the new and folder tab by clicking on the desktop screen
- Later on, head to the current location of the company’s files
- The user should then copy the company file
- And also, right-click the new folder and select paste
- Once done with that press ctrl and ensure to keep it pressed till no company open window appears
- The user should then select open or restore existing company from the drop-down menu
- And also click on next tab after opening the company file
- Hit the next tab
- And move to the desktop file copied earlier
- Try opening it and this might resolve the issue
Procedure 4: Update your QuickBooks and Windows OS to fix QuickBooks crashing issue
- The very first step is to right click the start tab.
- Now move to settings tab.
- The user should then select update and security tab
- After that click on the check for updates tab.
- The next step is to open the QuickBooks desktop.
- And then head to the help menu and go for update QuickBooks tab.
- Remove all the previously downloaded updates and then tick mark the reset update box.
- The user should then choose Get updates icon.
- And check if the issue persists
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code C=272?
Procedure 5: Repair QuickBooks desktop to resolve QuickBooks Crashing Issue
- The first step is to open run command type control and also press the Windows + R keys
- After that click on OK tab.
- The user should then move to program and features option.
- And also select QuickBooks desktop from the drop-down menu and also click on uninstall tab.
- The user should then click on yes tab only if asked to
- And also hit next tab
- Select the repair tab and then click on next tab.
- In case a file in use window appears on the screen, then go for automatically close and restart applications and also hit ok tab.
- The user should wait for some time
- And when the process completes hit finish tab
Procedure 6: Run quick fix my program
- If you haven’t downloaded already, then download and install QuickBooks tool hub
- After it is installed properly, move to the program problems tab and choose the quick fix my program option.
- This might take some time to complete the task.
- Let the tool run and fix the issue if any
- After that reboot the system and restart QuickBooks software
Read Also: How to resolve QuickBooks error code 1935?
Procedure 7: Download and run file doctor tool
- The user is required to press ctrl + J to move to the downloads after downloading QuickBooks tool hub.
- After that click QuickBooksToolsHub.exe from the downloads list.
- Hit yes tab to grant permissions
- Hit next tab to install it, and then yes to accept the license agreement again.
- The user should then click on next tab and also install.
- Hit finish tab.
- And then open QuickBooks tool hub now.
- After that run QuickBooks file doctor from the company file issues tab.
- Also, select the company file by clicking on the browse tab.
- Hit enter tab.
- Complete the steps by clicking on next tab and enter admin password
You might see also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6189?
QuickBooks is Crashing After Updating to Sonoma
Updated to Sonoma, QuickBooks keeps crashing? Well, recently a few users have reported this issue where they updated to Sonoma, and QuickBooks keeps crashing showing compatibility issues. QBD 2019 is outdated and update patches for the same won’t be released anytime soon. Thus, it is recommended to immediately install the trial version of QBD 2022 and or 2023 and using the workaround to get it running on Sonoma.
Another quick solution to fix the QuickBooks is crashing after updating to Sonoma is to put your existing QuickBooks version to an older computer and it would fix the issue successfully and will let you operate the software easily. You can try the following workaround on QBD 2022 and 2023:
- Press and hold the COMMAND key immediately after entering your password.
- Now, click on OK tab.
- And whatever you do, make sure to avoid clicking home afterwards.
- The Home screen is what crashes QB.
Moreover, you also have an option to remove Sonoma off the Mac. Also keep a note of the fact that subscribing to QB online won’t work in such case, as QB online will not recognize the .qb2019 file.
Another fix to QuickBooks is crashing after updating to Sonoma
This particular solution works for 2023 and 2022 QuickBooks.
- To get the app to launch without opening any company file, press and hold the option key when launching the app.
- This will QuickBooks from opening your previously used company file.
- You now have to choose the company file from the No company open window.
- Once done with that, hold down the command key when opening the file.
- This will prevent the latest used windows from opening.
- Now, move to QuickBooks and choose preferences.
- Further, choose toolbar and tabs icon in the 3rd row down.
- After that uncheck the use tabbed windows checkbox.
- And avoid opening the home page.
Note that, an update to QB Mac Desktop 2023 was released recently that fixes the Sonoma crash issue. You can try updating, and expect things to work normally. There is also an upgrade to QV2024, which also works and is free for an already paid license. The crash problem for QB2023 and 2024 is not fixed.
Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Crash Com Error?
Coming towards the end of this article, it is believed that the above-stated information might work in eliminating the QuickBooks crashing issue in windows 10. Just in case, the user isn’t able to deal with the error even after performing the above-discussed steps, then all that we recommend is to get in touch with our QuickBooks support team right away at +1-844-318-0008 and let our technically sound experts help you in eliminating the issue from its root cause. We are a team of technically sound experts who work round the clock to provide the finest possible support services immediately.
See more helpful articles to read:
Some FAQs Related to this Issue
QuickBooks may crash due to various reasons such as outdated software, corrupted company file, insufficient system resources, or a conflict with third-party applications. To resolve these issues, ensure you have the latest version of QuickBooks installed, perform regular company file maintenance, and close any unnecessary programs running in the background.
To repair a damaged company file, use the built-in QuickBooks File Doctor tool. If the issue persists, you can contact our QuickBooks support team at +1-844-318-0008 for further assistance.
First, ensure that you are using the latest version of QuickBooks and your system meets the software’s minimum requirements. If the problem persists, try disabling any third-party applications or add-ons that may be causing a conflict. If you still experience crashes, reach out to our support team at +1-844-318-0008 for expert help.
Yes, you can recover lost data by restoring a recent backup of your company file. If you don’t have a backup or the backup doesn’t contain the required information, call our toll-free QuickBooks support number +1-844-318-0008 for assistance in recovering your data.
To minimize the risk of future crashes, keep your QuickBooks software up-to-date, maintain your company file regularly, and ensure your computer meets the system requirements for QuickBooks. Additionally, monitor third-party applications and add-ons that may cause conflicts. For personalized support and guidance, contact our QuickBooks experts at +1-844-318-0008.