Getting interrupted by a random technical snag when performing a crucial task on QuickBooks is something pretty common for the users. Certain glitches are associated with the company file, whereas the others might occur due to manual intervention. In this segment, we are going to highlight one such company file glitch that might pop up on the screen either when installing QuickBooks, or when any sort of antivirus interrupts the connection between the company file and software. You guessed it right, we are talking about the QuickBooks error code 6010, 100.
Though errors of this kind are pretty common, it is equally important to deal with such errors immediately, in order to avoid any sort of technical glitch. To help you with the elimination of this error, we are with this segment that unveils the insight into the error, along with the triggers and fixes. Thus, make sure you abide by this piece of writing and learn the fixes to get rid of the QuickBooks error code 6010 100. Whereas, if you feel the need for our QuickBooks ProAdvisors at any point in time, then all you need is to give us a call at +1-844-318-0008, and let the professionals handle the issue for you. Having said that, let us first evaluate this error and try exploring the fixes for the same.
Insight into QuickBooks error code 6010 100
Before delving deep into the causes and fixes, it is crucial to first get a grip about the error in general. As the error code itself reflects, it belongs to the 6000-error series, which is basically an error series associated with the company file. You can witness a warning message on the screen stating:
Error -6094, 0 (6010, 100) An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to start the database
This particular error indicates that the software is unable to access or use the network due to the firewall or antivirus settings. Similar error can be comprehended in case the QuickBooks software is reinstalled. Non just that, there are a few more factors that can drag you into such error in QuickBooks. To understand those factors and fixes, make sure to stay hooked to the segment.
Common triggers to QuickBooks error code 6010 100
A bunch of factors have the potential to land you in QuickBooks error code 6010, -100. Evaluating these factors makes fixing the error a bit easier. Thus, here are some common factors that might lead you to error code 6010 100 in QuickBooks:
- Just in case the nd files get disconnected from the files that end with .qbw file extension, then you should be prepared for such an error in QuickBooks.
- Moreover, if the firewall or any third-party antivirus software is blocking access to the network, then you will be facing such error.
- Another possible reason can be if the installation of QuickBooks software is either corrupt or damaged.
- You can expect a similar issue if the registry entry files are affected by any error.
- Moreover, if you are unable to access the software due to any blockage like ESET NOD32.
Signs of QuickBooks error code 6010
Identifying such errors becomes easy in QuickBooks, once you go through the below signs:
- One of the basic signs can be if the company file is operational in the host system, but is not being accessed otherwise.
- Moreover, if the message itself displays on the screen interrupting the process.
- You can also identify the error if you aren’t able to access the company file.
Also Checkout: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6189 and 816?
Rectification Strategies to implement to resolve QuickBooks error code 6010
Getting rid of such glitches in QuickBooks is possible with the help of the prescribed dedicated solutions below. Let us explore the various fixes and check if the error gets eliminated or not.
Strategy 1: Backing up the QuickBooks company file
Creating a company file backup is a certified solution that you can implement in eliminating the QuickBooks error code 6010, 100. The steps enumerated in this process are as follows:
- Begin the process by pressing Ctrl key till the no company open window appears on the screen.
- You now have to click on the open or restore an existing company.
- Furthermore, you will have to restore a backup copy option.
- After that, click on the next tab.
- After your company file is backed up make sure to access it and check if the issue is resolved or not.
Strategy 2: Re-installing QuickBooks software
At times, a mere reinstallation of QuickBooks software can help in eliminating the QuickBooks related errors. Thus, you can try to reinstall the software using the steps below:
- Start off by opening the start tab and visiting the control panel.
- Furthermore, you need to click on uninstall a program tab in the control panel.
- Once done with that, uninstall the QuickBooks software and select QuickBooks from the list of programs and also hit the uninstall tab.
- You now have to use QuickBooks clean install tool.
- Choose the version of QuickBooks that you want to install on the software and click on the continue tab.
- To conclude, you will have to click on the ok tab and install the QuickBooks software with the help of the license and product keys available at the time of purchasing the software.
Read Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 179?
Strategy 3: Stop Hosting Multi-user access
If you continue to face the issue, make sure to stop hosting multi user access. The steps involved in this procedure are as follows:
- Open QuickBooks and select the file.
- You now have to proceed to the utilities tab and select stop hosting multi user access.
- Try rebooting the system and the software.
- Furthermore, click on the programs settings and turn off the internet monitor feature.
- If your system has an ESET NOD32 antivirus application, make sure to give a new name to the file by adding old in the extension
- After that, reboot the software and perform the methods further.
Strategy 4: Assign some new name to the nd extension
By assigning a new name to the nd extension file you can eliminate the error code up to a certain extent. The steps to be performed here are as follows
- You need to first open the company file that has the .nd extension.
- Ascertain to access the company file where the error code is occurring.
- Further, right click the file after you find it.
- You now have to right click and select the rename tab from the drop-down menu.
- While renaming, try adding .OLD as an extension.
- Open QuickBooks software and check if the error is resolved or not.
See Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6105?
Strategy 5: Repairing the company file
If the above procedures didn’t help, try repairing the company file. The steps involved in this procedure are:
- Simply start off by opening the folder that contains the company file.
- You now have to look for the file that has the .QBW file extension.
- Choose copy tab by right clicking on the same.
- Hit the paste tab and also press ctrl key to open the software.
- You might now see no company open window, where you need to click on open or restore an existing company.
- Towards the end, launch the company file and check if the error is eliminated or not.
Strategy 6: End the process and open QuickBooks in single user mode
The processes running in background can also trigger such errors in QuickBooks. Thus, we suggest you end the process and open the software in single user mode. The steps involved here are:
- Make sure you use the admin credentials and log in to the PC.
- You now have to press ctrl + shift + esc keys and launch the task manager.
- Go to the users tab.
- And highlight all QuickBooks related processes like qbupdate.exe, qbdbm.exe
- End all the processes by clicking on the end task in multi user mode.
- Check if the issue is fixed or not and try opening the company file in single user mode.
Strategy 7: Make use of the QuickBooks database server manager
If none of the above measures fixed the error for you, try using QuickBooks database server manager. This tool will fix the issue to a certain extent. The steps to be performed are:
- Download QuickBooks tool hub and save it somewhere you can access it easily.
- Now, find out the downloaded file named QuickBooksToolsHub.exe
- Double click the same and start the set-up process.
- Click on the allow this app to make changes on the system.
- Click on the next tab to install the tool.
- Furthermore, go to the next tab to accept the license agreement and click on the install tab.
- This might take a couple of minutes to complete. Thus, wait for some time.
- And then, click on finish to end the install process.
- After you have installed the QuickBooks tool hub, open it from the icon available on the desktop.
- And then head to the network issues and click on the QuickBooks database server manager option to get access to the QuickBooks database server manager.
- Scan for the company file location and click on the scan folders tab.
- Browse and select the folder and files that store the company file.
- Also, click on ok tab and click on the start scan icon.
- After all the steps are performed successfully, try to login your company files.
Related Article to Read: How to Fix QBDBMGRN Not Running on this Computer?
Once you implement the tried and tested solutions enumerated above, it becomes quite possible to get rid of the error code 6010, 100 in QuickBooks, as these solutions are curated under the guidance of certified QuickBooks professionals. However, there can be situations when you might require assistance from a professional, in that scenario, you are backed by a bunch of certified professionals at Hostdocket.com. Our experts and certified QuickBooks professionals are just a call away. Ring us up at +1-844-318-0008, and you can speak to our team directly and let them help you with the fixation. Not just that, you can also get in touch with us via email or live chat option available on the right-hand corner. Just do not hesitate in joining hands with our team of professionals for better support and assistance and better functioning of your QuickBooks accounting software.
Other Helpful Articles: