Did you just receive QuickBooks Error 16638 85757? It’s a common error especially if you are using an older version of QuickBooks. This error mostly pops up when you try to open a company file that has been corrupt or damaged. You may also receive this unexpected error while login to online banking. It’s easy to spot this error as Error 16638 85757 shows up on your screen. If you are wondering how, you can get read of this error, read on this blog post. However, you can get help from our QuickBooks error support team to save your previous time and efforts. You can read this article carefully to fix the QuickBooks unexpected error 16638 85757. Or if you need any sort of professional assistance at some point in time, then feel free to connect with our tech support professionals at +1-800-360-4183, our technically sound professionals will answer all your queries immediately.
You may also see: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82?
What causes QuickBooks Error 16638 85757?
One or more of the following reasons may trigger QuickBooks Error 16638 85757:
- QuickBooks company file is corrupt or damaged
- You are trying to access the company file on a network instead of a local drive on your computer
- QuickBooks Desktop is unable to access the company file while using online banking
Troubleshooting QuickBooks Error 16638 85757
The QuickBooks Error 16638 85757 only appears in older versions of QuickBooks thus, if possible, you can switch to the latest versions of QuickBooks and avoid this unexpected error for good. If upgrading to the latest version of QuickBooks isn’t possible immediately, you can try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Try reopening the company file (.qbw), on which the error is generated, again
- Go back and check the path of the company file
- Verify if QuickBooks file path is the same as the company file location provided on the Product Information Screen
- To open the Product Information Screen, open QuickBooks and press F2 key on your keyboard
- Open and review Production Information and verify the path of the QuickBooks company file
Important: In case your company file is stored on a network drive of your system, follow the given steps:
- The user is required to open the folder where your company file is located on the network drive
- Now, copy (Ctrl + V) keys your company file
- And paste (Ctrl + V) keys the file on any local drive
- After that repair your online banking function that may have generated the error before
- If you receive the same error again, it denotes that your company file (.qbw) is damaged
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 77?
Why and how do you verify QuickBooks company file on QuickBooks?
The verify and rebuild utility in QuickBooks can help you identify and fix damages in QuickBooks company files. You should verify your company files frequently to keep from receiving errors related to QuickBooks files. The following are the steps to verify QuickBooks files:
- The very first step is to open your QuickBooks desktop
- After that head to the main menu and click File > Utilities > Verify Data
- After that choose verify option and the verification process will start
- In case the process shows no issues then the current window will itself get closed
- Now, click on any message that you receive
- In case the process finds some issues, you will receive a warning message which will elaborate on the issue and offer steps to fix the issue
- Now perform the Rebuild Data feature for resolving the issue found in the process. Let’s assume the error still persists then chances are that your entire database has got corrupted
The above discussed set of steps are said to be enough to fix this particular error in QuickBooks. However, in case you have any queries or if you require any sort of professional guidance, you can call our 24×7 QuickBooks premier support number at +1-800-360-4183 and seek an expert’s advice.
FAQs related to Error code 16638 85757
This error mostly pops up when you try to open a company file that has been corrupt or damaged. You may also receive this unexpected error while login to online banking.
QuickBooks error 80070057 typically occurs when a user tries to open a company file without the appropriate permissions or when there is an issue with the file path
Yes, updating QuickBooks to the latest version can help in fixing this particular error in QuickBooks. As QuickBooks update fixes the majority of the errors that occur.
QuickBooks tool hub is one stop destination for all your QuickBooks related tools. You can access multiple tools using tool hub and fix various errors in QuickBooks successfully.
You might also like: