Do you know how to open QuickBooks File saved in QBB, QBBW and QBX or in any other format without QuickBooks? If no, then at this point need not to worry guys instead read this whole post till the end where we have talked in detail about how to open QuickBooks Company files without QuickBooks? But before moving ahead it is very important to understand about various kinds of QuickBooks File extensions then move ahead to step-by-step procedure to open QBW files, QBM files, QBB files, or QBX files extensions. But if you feel lethargic in following this whole post and want some Quick suggestions then you can immediately dial the QuickBooks Support number +1(844)405-0907 and talk with our certified Pro Advisor about your trouble, they will help you in accessing the QuickBooks company file without QuickBooks remotely or on call.
Let us know the know more about this important QuickBooks File Extensions
It is very important to know the contrast between various QuickBooks File Extensions like Qbb, Qbw, Qbx etc where each of them serves different functions. They are as follows:
- QBB: This is a type of file extension which is used to create or store a backup file in QuickBooks where all your data is stored in this backup file only.
- QBW: This is a type of file extension that is used create or save a QuickBooks data file. It plays a very significant role in QuickBooks by storing all the documents related to QuickBooks in our windows working system of company files. These files also store financial data, templates, letters, logos, images, financial statements, cash flow management, business planning, and all business-related important data.
- QBX: This is a type of file extension that creates files that contain every one of the duplicates of Accountant in QuickBooks. Here QuickBooks desktop user uses .qbx file extension to send a copy of company file to the accountant.
Basic methods to open QuickBooks file without QuickBooks
Follow the basic methods to open QuickBooks file without opening QuickBooks:
Method I: To open or read a QBW File without QuickBooks
If you want to open or read a QBW file at first you need to convert it into excel format.
- At first navigate to all programs in your computer system.
- Thereafter hit on the Intuit option present over there.
- Now Choose the QuickBooks company file which you want to open without QuickBooks or want to export from QB.
- For opening the QuickBooks company file, right-click on the QB Company file.
- Click on the options of customer, vendors, or employee given in the top-left corner.
- Then, tap on the option of Customer Center.
Convert the file ‘.qbw’ into excel format
- For this go to the top of the screen, and then opt for Excel. Then, click on Export Excel.
- Verify and follow all the details shown in the prompt window then, click on the Export button.
- After converting file into excel now open the file in the Microsoft Excel.
- Tap on the Data option on the left side of the screen then press the option of other resources.
- In the end, find the exported file in the prompt window screen. And, if you cannot locate the file then copy and paste the file to the desktop, so that later on you can easily search the file.
- At the end, you can open the file when it is converted successfully.
Method 2: To open or read a QBB file without opening QuickBooks
For analyzing company data or company information you have to convert a QBB file to excel, follow the below discussed procedure step-by-step:
- At first click on the QB company file in the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then, navigate to the file option.
- After that, find the QB company file which is having an extension ‘.QBB’ then open it.
- Now shift to the single user mode in the file option field.
- After that click in the Export option in the File option.
- And press the button of ‘Send the report to the New Excel spreadsheet’.
- In the final step press the Ok button.
Method 3: To open or read a QBX file without QuickBooks
As discussed above QBX type of file is accountant’s duplicate file which you cannot utilize directly. So for using this type of file firstly you need to convert this type of file into QBW file.
- Initially start the procedure by clicking on the Windows start menu.
- Then, click on the all programs tab.
- After that a list appears on the screen, move down to the screen and Select intuit option.
- Next open the folder for choosing the QuickBooks option.
- Now you have to pick the QuickBooks company file to be export from QuickBooks software.
- After that, tap the open option in the file menu.
- Type in the user password if asked further.
- On the top of the screen hit the customer, vendors, or employees list.
- Choose and click on the customer center.
Or you can even import QBW file to an excel document. For this, follow the procedure discussed below:
- Select the excel option displayed at the top of the screen.
- After that opt for to export excel option.
- After assigning name and location to it save the file and hit the Export option.
- Now open the imported excel file in the old version. This will require excel version 2010 or later.
- Adopt the current version of excel to access the QBW files without using QuickBooks.
- After that, click on the Data tab.
- Then, hit on the other resources tab.
- Find out the .qbw file in windows.
- If you are unable to find out the .qbw file, then find the file separately.
- Finally, click on the new qbw file that will open up directly.
You may also see: How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12152?
Method 4: To convert QBX file to open QBW file without using QuickBooks
By converting .qbw file you can simply open the .qbw file.
- To begin this start with the QuickBooks file.
- Then navigate to the File menu and hit on the send company file.
- Now Opt for the accountant’s copy.
- Select the convert accountant’s copy option to company file/qbw.
- Click on the Ok tab.
- Select the location where you want to save the file.
- After that, click on the save tab.
- End the process by clicking on the Ok tab.
Hopefully by performing the above given steps, it will be become relatively easy for you to open quickbooks file without QuickBooks Desktop. However, if somehow you are unable to execute the above-mentioned process, then in that case without wasting much time, we would suggest you to immediately contact our QuickBooks desktop support team with a toll-free number +1(844)405-0907 Our QB Team members are available for you 24/7 hours to provide proper resolutions and better assistance. Be in touch with technical experts to get your issues resolved quickly.
Few more helpful articles