While working in QuickBooks Accounting software all of sudden system encounters an unauthorized access into QuickBooks software. This kind of bug is known as QuickBooks Error 401. Well, facing QuickBooks unauthorized error code 401 and unable to find any solution to fix it, never mind; we are here to assist you in every way possible.
QuickBooks Unauthorized error code 401 is basically an unauthorized request that affects both the versions (online as well as desktop) of QuickBooks varyingly. QuickBooks error code 401 appears on QuickBooks Desktop whereas QuickBooks API HTTP error 401 occurs with QuickBooks online (QBO).
Error message that appears on your screen while facing QuickBooks error code 401:
“The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
Request is unauthorized.
Do you want to login again? ”
This error code can be easily tackled by several quick steps which are discussed later in this article. So, we would recommend you to read this article carefully till the end and implement the steps discussed below in order to fix this error with much ease. If in case you can’t get the proper resolution, you can also call the QuickBooks helpline number to troubleshoot it instantly.
Troubleshooting Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 401
There are not many methods to fix QuickBooks Error Code 401; you simply have to perform the steps given below whenever the error message appears on the screen.
- At first, Press the NO tab and then close down the error message window.
- Now, Upgrade the QuickBooks software to the latest version as outdated version of the software could be another major reason for the occurrence of QuickBooks 401 error in the desktop.
Possible Reasons that provoke QuickBooks Error Code 401 are:
- When the user logging in to company file or accountant toolbox.
- Such an error can also be faced while registering during QuickBooks installation.
- It can also occur at the time of sending an invoice with QuickBooks payments.
Read Also: How to Update QuickBooks Desktop 2023
Method 1: To upgrade the QuickBooks software to the latest version.
In order to upgrade to QuickBooks latest version, opt for setting up automatic updates which will save your lot of time also ensures timely updates. And the Steps involved are:
- Firstly, Go to the Help menu and choose the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- Next, go ahead for the Update now tab and then select the reset updates checkbox and also delete all the previous update downloads.
- Now to start the download select the Get updates option.
- Once done with downloads, make sure to reboot the software.
- Finally, Click on the YES option to install the new release.
You may also read: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 15215
Method 2: To set up for future automatic updates.
In this method you can arrange QuickBooks updates according to their comfort, and software will get update on its own. For this follow the steps in the same way as given below:
- Go to the Help menu and also choose the update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- Subsequently, Search the Options tab
- Now, opt for Yes to switch on automatic updates.
- It is advised to share automatic downloads to the other systems on the network.
- Choose yes for each design.
- Then, press on Close tab.
Method 3: To manually update the software.
Apart from automatic update of software you can also opt for manual update procedure of the software. So, for updating manually, perform the steps given below which would be helpful for you:
- Initially, Close the company file and QuickBooks
- Then, Open the Windows start menu
- Now you have to look for QuickBooks desktop.
- And also do a right-click on the icon and select run as Admin
- Navigate to the Help menu while on the no company access screen and then press on updates QuickBooks desktop
- Once done with that head to the options tab and then choose mark all and select to save also.
- Now, move to the Update Now account and also select the Reset Update Checkbox
- Finally, select to get updates. This will update the software to the latest updates.
Well with this we wind up the article over here, hoping that by implementing the above-mentioned method QuickBooks error code 401 is fixed and it is no longer creating problem to you. However, for the same reason if this error still troubles you, then you can immediately dial QuickBooks error support team for technical assistance at +1(844)405-0907 Our dedicated technical team will provide the immediate help to you with the error to be tackled easily.
Other helpful articles