When we talk about accounting software, QuickBooks tends to be one of the best software that every accounting professional or business owner prefers. However, the only pitfall of this software is the bunch of errors that one might come across due to some script error or other reason. One such error that we will be discussing today is QuickBooks error code CC-501. This particular error is often experienced by the ones using operating systems 7, 8, Vista, and XP Windows. This error isn’t very much common, which makes it a little confusing for QuickBooks users to tackle it. However, to make things easy, we have come up with this piece of writing, where we will be sharing the complete information related to the error, and also some quick fixes for the same.
Thus, to learn the complete process to eliminate the QuickBooks error cc-501 permanently, all you need to do is to make sure to read the article till the end. For any sort of technical assistance, you can give us a call at +1(844)405-0907 and let our QuickBooks support team help you with the fixes.
Brief into QuickBooks Error Code CC-501
Talking about QuickBooks error code CC-501, it is often experienced when the user tries to use QuickBooks online services. The user can also land into such an error when trying to update an account. It is basically a script error that can also be experienced in case there is any issue from the bank’s end. However, just like other errors in QuickBooks, the error code CC-501 can also be resolved by performing some set of steps. To find out what those steps are, all you need to do is to continue reading the segment.
What triggers QuickBooks Error Code CC-501?
Before you implement the steps to resolve the issue, knowing what factors can trigger such an error is essential. So, here are some of the basic factors due to which this error can be experienced in QuickBooks. Let us together find out:
- The user can experience this issue in case of any disapproved bank credentials or if he/she is using an outdated QuickBooks trial version
- Another common trigger for the same can be if there is any sort of virus or malware attack
- Incomplete installation of QuickBooks can also instigate this issue
- If there are junk files present, then it might slow down the speed of your system ultimately triggering this error
Points to Remember
After knowing the factors causing the issue, it is time to perform the steps to eliminate them. However, before starting with the fixation steps, it is essential to consider certain essential points. These points include:
You may also see: How to Print Form 1099 and 1096 in QuickBooks Desktop
Step 1: Take a backup of your company file
You need to create a backup file for your company file to ensure that your data is safe and can be retrieved if needed.
- Here you are supposed to initially open QuickBooks and move to file and then backup and restore.
- Now, click on backup the QuickBooks file.
- And carry out the onscreen steps and complete the process
Step 2: Update QuickBooks desktop
An outdated QuickBooks version can always trigger some or the other error. Thus, before heading forward ensure to update your software to the latest release.
- At first, open your QuickBooks.
- Now, navigate to the help option and check for updates.
- Click on yes and update to the latest release if any are available
Measures to eliminate the error
Now that you are well-versed with the causes and essential points to remember, it is time for you to carry out the effective steps to get rid of such an error in QuickBooks. The steps involved are as follows:
See also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15106
Technique 1: Deactivate and reactivate the QuickBooks account
The very first method can be to deactivate and reactivate the QuickBooks account. This involves the following steps:
- Initially, you need to head to the tool menu and later, go for the account list
- Furthermore, check for the account that is facing the issue under various lists of accounts
- Now, click on the online server and click on deactivate tab
- You are now supposed to click on yes tab to confirm the deactivation of the account
- Once done with that head to the online setup and pick the setup now after the account is deactivated
- The user is then required to click on ok tab and hit on done tab
- The user is then required to perform the first three steps again
- Now, type in the username and password
- Ensure that you have saved the password
- And later, click on connect
- After you can spot the account link it with the current
- End the process by clicking on the finish tab and next tab respectively
Also Read: Resolve QuickBooks Banking Error OL-334
Technique 2: Reinstall QuickBooks desktop
At times a mere reinstallation of QuickBooks can fix the issue. Thus, the user is suggested to perform the below steps.
- Here, the user is supposed to press Windows + R and then enter appwiz.cpl in the field
- Click on enter tab
- Followed by searching for QuickBooks entry
- Now right-click on the same
- Head to the uninstall option
- And ensure that all the temporary files are eliminated
- Once done with that download and install QuickBooks desktop.
- Now, head forward by entering the account details
- Conclude the process by checking if the issue is resolved
Technique 3: Validate QuickBooks data files
In certain situations, the company files themselves might be triggering an error. Thus, we recommend you validate the QuickBooks data files using the steps listed below.
- Start with heading to the file and file operations
- Moreover, click on validate and repair
- You now must click on validate and ok tabs respectively
- This will start the validating process
- The process might take some time, depending upon the file size
- Now, perform the onscreen prompts
- And maintain DATA_LOG notepad after the validation process completes.
- Towards the end, close the notepad, and you are done with the process
Technique 4: Reset CC credentials
If the above steps didn’t help much, then try resetting the CC credentials. This involves the following steps:
- At first, you are required to go for the tools option and then select the online center
- Later, the press shift
- Click on open recent CC credentials
- You are now supposed to perform the onscreen prompts to reset the CC credentials
- After that relaunch of QuickBooks
- And then open the account and check if the issue gets resolved
Technique 5: Update QuickBooks Account
A mere update can also rectify the issue in certain situations. The steps involved in this are as follows:
- Start with opening QuickBooks
- And ensure to login every account
- Followed by refreshing the Bank account activity
- Once done with that click on a download option
- Now press, Ctrl + Alt + U keys or directly hit the Update now tab.
- After that make a note of the QB ID and password.
- When it opens a new prompt Window, make sure to follow the on-screen instructions.
- Click on Update now.
- Change the password if needed
- And then enter a new password
- And hit the ok tab to end the process
To wrap up!
Errors can be annoying but performing the steps above might help you in eliminating the QuickBooks error code CC-501. However, if for some reason you land on a similar issue again, then in that scenario consulting our tech team at +1(844)405-0907 is recommended. We are a team of certified QuickBooks professionals who work round the clock in providing the finest possible assistance for all sorts of QuickBooks issues.
Related Articles !