Want to learn the process to fix QuickBooks desktop error C=387? Make sure to read the article till the end. QuickBooks error code C=387 is seen when the registry entry is corrupted or damaged. The user can also face similar issue due to template issues of invoices. As a consequence of such an error, the user might not be able to perform QuickBooks activities. To know what causes such an error and what fixes can be performed to deal with this technical issue, all you need to do is to scroll through the post carefully. The user can also contact our experts at +1-800-360-4183. Get answers to all your queries by contacting our tech support professionals.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code C=1304?
What does QuickBooks error code C= 387 mean?
QuickBooks error code C 387 is usually seen when you try to access the company file. It is an unexpected error that can be seen due to issues in the template invoices. A warning message that states: “An error has occurred in QuickBooks. Please restart QuickBooks and try again. If you continue to experience this error, please note the C= value and contact technical support.” appears. This error can also be seen due to corrupted, invalid, outdated, or damaged windows registry. You can also expect this issue when an amount exists but fails to show up on any ledger in bank accounts, accounts payable, or both sections. In this article, we are going to define the error code C 387 in detail. Let us have a look:
What leads to QuickBooks desktop error C=387?
The user can end up in such an error due to the following reasons:
- The very first reason can be if there is any malware issue
- Or if for some reason the system closes improperly as a result of breakdowns, or improper shutdowns
- Another reason can be if any of the important files got deleted
- Also, incorrect installation of QuickBooks can lead to such an error
- The user can also face such an error if the entries are invalid on the system
- Or if the user fails to initialize and run traditional operations by the system or an application being corrupted
Don’t Miss This Out: How to Update QuickBooks Desktop 2023 Latest and Release date?
Solution steps to fix QuickBooks error code C=387
Following steps can be performed to successfully deal with the QuickBooks error code C=387:
Method 1: Downloading the reimage repair tool
- The very first step is to download the reimage repair tool from the manufacturer website
- And then save the file
- The user should then head to the file location and click on it twice
- After that, select yes to continue
- The user will see a welcome screen on the system at the time of launching the program
- After which the user should uncheck the checkbox
- This will start an automatic scan of the system
- And then the user will have to press install to start with the install process
- The tool will install on its own
- After that, it will download important updates automatically
- A preliminary scan will start on the system to check the condition of the system
- The user will then see a message discussing about the system health
- If it highlights any sort of damage, then the user will have to press on start repair
- The last step in the process is to reboot the system and you are good to go
Method 2: Fixing template error
- In this process, the user should move to the lists, templates option
- And then select a template and also press the option stating open forum
- Once done with that, the user will have to repeat the steps, till the template showing an error
- And close the forum
- The next step is to select the template with the error which is in the templates windows
- The last step is to edit the templates and check that the issue fixed or not
Method 3: Making an invoice
- At first, move to the customers option and then select create invoice
- Once done with that, the user should select a template
- And also add a customer, item, and account information
- The next step is to click on save tab
- And also hit delete tab
- The last step is to hit ok tab and you are done
Method 4: Download the repair tool
You can try using the repair tool to fix installation issues in QuickBooks. The steps involved under this process are as follows:
- Download the repair tool from the website of Intuit
- After that, press the start scan tab
- Once done with that hit next tab
- And also click on repair now tab
- At last, the user should reboot the system
Method 5: Run Rebuild data Utility
You can try to take a backup of your QuickBooks data, before carrying out the steps below to run rebuild data utility. Let us have a look:
- Under this method, rebuild the data utility by heading to the file tab
- Once done with that, the user should go for the utility tab from the dropdown
- And then, opt for the rebuild data option
- When the rebuild is complete, click on ok tab
- And this ends the process and would probably rectify the error
Read this also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code C=272?
At the end of this post, we believe that the user might be able to fix the QuickBooks error code C=387. However, if the user continues to face similar issue even after that, then contacting our QuickBooks Support professionals is highly recommended. The user can give us a call at +1-800-360-4183, and our experts will provide the user with immediate expert assistance.
FAQs related to QuickBooks Error C 387
You can try fixing this issue by repairing QuickBooks.
1. Open QuickBooks
2. Open Control panel and head to the programs and features tab.
3. Select uninstall/repair tab.
4. Click on next tab and click on repair now tab.
5. Reboot the system and check if the issue continues
QuickBooks error code C 387 occurs when you try to access the company file. It is an unexpected error that occurs due to template invoice issues.
You can try fixing the errors by using the Install diagnostic tool.
1. Open Tool Hub and access installation issues
2. Open Install diagnostic tool and perform on screen steps.
3. Let the tool identify and fix the issue for you.
4. Reboot the system and check if the issue persists
You might be also like