Mapped drives in QuickBooks help the user in accessing the QuickBooks files on another server, system, or drive over the network. It further makes it easy for the user to access the company file from the shared storage. However, sometimes, the QuickBooks user might come across certain issues with the mapped drive. These issues can be pretty much annoying for the user, and thus should be fixed instantly. In this article, we are going to talk about all possible fixes to this issue. Thus, if you are interested, make sure that you read the article carefully till the end. Or you also have an option to get in touch with our QuickBooks support team at our toll free +1-844-405-0907 for any sort of further tech assistance.
Points you can’t afford to miss
There are certain pointers that need your attention. Note that the user can guide a particular shared folder. If the client on PC 2 has shared the C: drive with the PC, then the user can easily guide that particular C: drive, but not the subfolders. The user will further have to right-click the company file folder and if the user is unable to discover the mapped network drive alternative, then the user should scroll upwards and find more significant level folders. In case the user is making use of QuickBooks hosting, then he/she is recommended to check with the cloud admin of the mapped drive.
In case the company file is available in a similar PC where QuickBooks is being used, then it is suggested to open the record from the information document’s drive.
Effective measures that can be taken to get fix QuickBooks not showing mapped drives
The user can try performing the below set of steps to successfully fix the mapped network drive error in QuickBooks.
Method 1: Check the mapping drives and turn on network discovery
- The very first step is to move to the search bar and enter in settings tab
- Now, select the sharing tab
- The user should then click on private network.
- Once done with that, the user is suggested to make sure that the choices that he/she has made from turn on network discovery are correct and then turn on automatic set up.
- The last step in the process is to click on save changes and hit next tab
Method 2: Fix the issue by obtaining IP and DNS address
It should be noted that at times, the user might try to obtain the IP address and DNS manually, due to which the outcomes in the QuickBooks do not show mapped drives. The steps involved in here are:
- The user is recommended to first open the settings tab and then choose change adapter option.
- After that open the network connection window.
- The next step is to enter the next tab and right click the ethernet and choose properties form the available list.
- After that click on the networking tab.
- And then click on the internet protocol version 4. If the user finds it tick marked, then unchecking and reaching the box is recommended.
- The next step is to click on properties tab.
- After that from the IPV 4 properties window, go for the options Obtain an IP address automatically and obtain DNS server address automatically.
- The last step is to click on OK tab
Method 3: Map a network drive in windows to fix ‘QuickBooks not showing mapped drives’
- The user needs to first locate the windows key and press it.
- After that, a list will appear on the screen, and choose system tab.
- The next step is to move to the menu bar and click on the tools tab.
- Now, go for the map network drive.
- This will open a new window on the screen.
- After which the user should click on box adjacent to drive.
- Now, from the drop-down menu and go for the unused drive.
- And then click on the browse and then head to the network location.
- Also, track the network location where your QuickBooks files stored.
- Or do mapping with a server IP address if in any case, UNC path is not working
- After that the user needs to click on finish tab.
- The user can get access to find a new driver which will become a network drive.
Windows 8 or 10
- In this process, the user needs to move to search bar and write on the system.
- After that click on THIS PC from the list of result.
- Now, right click on the map a network drive.
- And pick the map network drive.
- Once done with that click on box in front of the drive and go for the unused drive from the available preferences.
- After that the browse tab and find out the location where your QB file is already stored.
- The next step is to click on OK tab and finish tab.
- Now try opening QuickBooks with a newly mapped drive.
This brings us to the end of the article, where we hope that the information, we shared in above might have helped you in dealing with the mapped network drive issues in QuickBooks. However, if the error continues to trouble you even after performing the right set of steps, then feel free to contact us at +1-844-405-0907, and let our experts handle the complete situation for you.
You might also like: How to Install, Update, and Set up the QuickBooks Database Server Manager?