QuickBooks Online Error 101 is a scripting error that generally appears when Windows is unable to complete the command required to run web-based applications. Windows applications such as .Net Framework, Java, and Flash should work properly for QuickBooks Online to function properly. Issues with these Windows components may impact QuickBooks Desktop and Online Service Center ad lead to errors like QuickBooks Online Error 101.
If you receive this error, you may not be able to link your bank account or import banking transactions to QuickBooks Online. So let’s proceed without wasting any time and learn “how to resolve QuickBooks online Error 101”.
What are the factors causing QuickBooks banking error 101?
The below factors can trigger such an error in QuickBooks.
- In case the windows fails to run Flash, Java, .Net Framework, and ActiveX, then it can result in QuickBooks Error 101.
- Or if the internet explorer settings are misconfigured, then they can restrict QuickBooks from connecting with the internet.
- Outdated or blocked Windows components like Microsoft .Net Framework and ActiveX Controls hampers the display function in QuickBooks Online which further leads to QuickBooks Bank Feed Error 101.
- Disabled Script Debugging can also cause a similar issue
Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks Online Error 101
The following are enlist steps to troubleshoot the QuickBooks online error 101. The QB users recommended following the resolution steps to fix this error code. However, you can take help from QuickBooks online support team to save your time and efforts.
- Go to the left menu, hit onto the “Banking” tab.
- Hit onto the unwanted accounts to un-select.
Note: (In case, QuickBooks user wants to update some of the accounts. Blue indicates the selected bank whereas grey means unselected.)
- At the upside right-hand corner, choose the “Update” icon.
- Enter the Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) credentials if QuickBooks requires doing that.
Note: QuickBooks users suppose to enter the Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) credentials before it disappears.
- Select the “Continue Update” icon.
- Once the update is completed, you will see a notification that updated successfully.
- Finally, check that last update date & transaction must have changed too.
Read this also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 3140?
- In the left menu, navigate & choose the “Banking” tab.
- At the top right corner of the banking display, select the “Add Account” option.
- Check the name of the financial institution with which bank account connected.
- In the drop-down option, select the respective bank.
- Finally, hit the link of the associated bank’s website.
- Go to the “Transactions” icon & choose the “Banking” option.
- At the upper right corner, choose the “Add Account” option.
- Choose the respective bank & connect the account by following the given instruction.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks error code 1016?
Verify the internet connection setting on the computer.
- Open the browser and try to open any website to check the internet connection.
- In case, the website open normally then internet connection is fine. If not, then it will notify that there is some problem with the internet connection.
- Once there is proper internet connect, download the update from the Internet Explorer.
- Ensure that Internet Explorer is set as the default browser.
Reconfigure the QuickBooks Internet connection:
- Go to the “Help” menu, select the “Internet Connection Setup” tab.
- Choose the “Use my Computer’s Internet Connect Setting” option.
- Choose the “Next” icon and later hit the “done” icon to start the process.
- Finally, reset the QuickBooks updates.
Enable TLS 1.2 and make changes to Encrypted Pages Settings
- Go to the Advanced tab and scroll down to “TLS 1.2”.
- See if TLS 1.2 is checked, if not, click and check the box in front of that.
- Now look for “Do Not Save Encrypted Pages” to Disk and uncheck this option
- Click on “Apply” and then hit “OK” to save the changes
Download recent updates available for .Net Framework, Java, Adobe Flash Player on Windows.
If the above methods did not work for you, check out the below alternates.
Method 1: Ensuring to add intuit as a trusted website
- The very first step is to open Internet Explorer in the first place.
- Once done with that click on the Gear icon and go for Internet Options.
- Now, head to the Security tab
- The next step is to click on the Trusted Sites followed by Sites.
- Now, enter https://*.intuit.com in the add website field.
- And click on Add and follow the same steps to add https://*.QuickBooks.com. Then, click on Close.
- Look for the Miscellaneous option under the Custom Level section.
- Also, enable the Allow Cross-Domain Requests option
- Hit ok tab
- And also click on Apply followed by OK.
- The user should then open the Internet Explorer once again and try to update the transaction again in QuickBooks Online.
Method 2: Reset Internet Explorer’s Pop up Settings
- At first head to the Privacy tab and go for the Advanced option.
- Once done with that mark the Override Automatic Cookie Handling checkbox.
- Now, ensure to accept First Party and Third Party Cookies in the browser settings.
- The next step is to mark the Always Allow Session Cookies checkbox.
- And click on OK to save the changes.
Method 3: Enable ActiveX Controls
- The user needs to first head to the Security tab and go for the Internet option followed by Custom Level.
- After that scroll down to ActiveX Controls and Plugins under the Internet Zone window.
- And ensure to enable the Download Signed ActiveX controls, Binary and Script Behaviors, Script ActiveX Controls Marked Safe for Scripting and Run ActiveX Controls and Plugins options.
- The next step is to click on OK and close the Internet Explorer.
- Now, try to connect your bank account once again with QuickBooks.
Method 4: Ensure to have a stable Internet Connection
- The very first step is to open Internet Explorer and search for a safe website. (www.google.com)
- If you are not able to connect, it indicates that you can fix the connectivity issue.
- Check your internet connection and check if the issue persists
Hopefully, the manual solutions shown above are beneficial for users to resolve the QuickBooks Error Code 101 on their own. But if you still have any query or problem associated with this error code or any other QuickBooks problem – feel free to contact us at our QuickBooks payroll support number i.e. +1-844-405-0907. Our support team remains active 24/7.
Some other helpful articles you may like:
Fix Login Problems of QuickBooks Online on Chrome
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82?