Experiencing issues in QuickBooks is quite common but can be tiring at the same time. In today’s segment, we are going to discuss QuickBooks error code C= 184, its causes, and fixes. This particular error is also experienced when there is any sort of damage to the network file and the transaction log file. It further impacts the company file data and also can be seen when the reporting dates of the software do not tally due to 29 days in February.
Coming across this issue can be a little common due to some factors, which we will be discussing later in this segment. Learn more about the QuickBooks unexpected error C=184 same by reading this piece of writing or connect with our tech personnel at +1(844)405-0907 and ask them to carry out the necessary steps on your behalf.
What is QuickBooks Error C=184?
An error message stating: “An error has occurred in QuickBooks. Please restart QuickBooks and try again. If you continue to experience this error, please note the C= value and contact professionals” can appear on the screen when working on QuickBooks or if the files related to the QuickBooks software get damaged. This error can be a bit tricky to eliminate.
What instigates QuickBooks unexpected Error C=184?
The below set of steps can be performed to successfully eliminate the error in QuickBooks. Let us have a look:
- A basic factor triggering this issue can be when reporting dates of QuickBooks desktop aren’t matching due to leap years.
- Moreover, if QuickBooks isn’t installed in a proper manner.
- In case the files including .Nd and .TLG files are damaged or corrupted.
Effective steps to fix QuickBooks Error C=184
The user can try to perform the below set of steps to get rid of such an error in QuickBooks. Let us examine each of the processes one by one:
Process 1: Moving the company file
At times the company file location might be causing the error. Thus, simply moving the company file can help in fixing the error.
- The first step is to move to the Folder where the company file is saved.
- Later on, right click the Company file.
- The user should then go for the Cut and Paste (Ctrl + V keys) options
- And then, move the file to another location.
Process 2: Run QuickBooks file doctor tool
Simply running the file doctor tool can help the user in fixing the issue successfully. The steps to be performed are as follows:
- At first, the user needs to download and install QuickBooks tool hub program.
- Move to the Help tab in QuickBooks
- Go for QuickBooks tool hub from the drop down.
- After that run QuickBooksToolHub.exe file to start the installation
- Carry out the steps that appear on the screen.
- Double-click the Tool hub icon and run it and head to the Company file issues tab.
- Go for QuickBooks file doctor and choose both file Damage and network connectivity option.
- After that type in the Admin account login credentials and also hit Next tab.
- Make an attempt to re-access QuickBooks or run a report to check whether the issue is fixed.
Read Also See: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code C=272?
Process 3: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Another method that can help the user in eliminating the error can be to run QuickBooks install diagnostic tool. The steps to be performed here are as follows:
- The very first step is to open tool hub program on your QuickBooks desktop.
- After that head to the Installation Issues tab and choose QuickBooks install diagnostic tool.
- Now, download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- The next step is to save the file to the Local desktop or downloads folder.
- Also, install the QBinstall tool on your system and accept and agree to the Intuit’s license agreement.
- The last step is to reboot your system after running the install diagnostic tool to ensure all the components are properly updated.
Process 4: Rename the .ND and . TLG files
Often the files like TLG and ND can create such an error in QuickBooks. In that case, the user simply needs to rename the files. The steps involved in that process are as follows:
- The user needs to look for the folder in which your company files are located.
- Now, look for the ‘.TLG’ and. ‘ND’ files.
- The next step is to right-click on each of them and chooses the Rename option.
- Also, add old at the end of the file names.
- This will prevent QuickBooks software from accessing these files suspected of any errors.
- The last step in the process is to launch the QuickBooks software and access your company file(s).
Process 5: Update your Windows
At times, a simple update can work, as an outdated version of windows can create issues. This shall also assist in resolving the Error C=184 in the QuickBooks software. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- The very first step is press start tab
- And then enter update
- After that click on the Check for updates option.
- This shall show the list of all the available updates.
- After that mark all the important updates and hit on the Download button.
- Now, reboot your PC and allow the updates to get installed.
- Lastly, launch the QuickBooks software and check if the error got fixed.
You may also see: Resolve QuickBooks Desktop Error C=387?
Process 6: Run reboot.bat file
The last method is to run reboot.bat file. The steps involved in here are as follows:
- The first step is to close the QuickBooks application on the system.
- After that right-click QuickBooks.
- Now, choose the Properties using the drop-down.
- The next step is to choose the location to open the file.
- Also, run Reboot.bat folder if you are inside the QuickBooks file.
- The next step is to, press the Admin tab.
- Also, run Reboot.bat
- The CMD Window will appear, and the file components will process.
- Lastly, restart the system
With this, we end the segment with the hope that the information stated above might be of some help in eliminating QuickBooks error code C=184. However, if you aren’t able to deal with the issue using the set of steps listed above, then in that case contacting our tech support team +1(844)405-0907 is recommended. We are a team of certified QuickBooks professionals who work round the clock in providing immediate support and assistance.