A high-tech accounting software, QuickBooks is a highly trusted software by small and medium sized business. It streamlines accounting processes of a business, but alongside it is also prone to errors which freeze its functioning (i.e QuickBooks not working or not responding) for an excepted period of time. At that time, it is essential to find the solutions of the errors. TLS Error is one such error which means that there are some changes in QuickBooks Online Internet Explorer. The error is caused in a way that QuickBooks Online no longer supports the Internet Explorer TLS.
Apart from this, due to this error, it gets difficult for a user to access QuickBooks online. And if the user tries to use another browser such as Google Chrome, he will not be able to do the needful as he would require to transfer the data from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online and that will only be possible with Internet Explorer as QuickBooks Desktop uses Internet Explorer inside the product.
Why QuickBooks TLS Error Occurs?
TLS Error occurs when a user tries to use QuickBooks in order to update on security changes of Transport security layer. If you are user of QuickBooks and you are also facing TLS error, then you need to verify the security setting of your Internet Explorer browser. This verification will ensure that it has been enabled for TLS 1.2.
Move to QuickBooks Online from QuickBooks Desktop
It has been a year that QuickBooks Online does not support Internet Explorer TLS and TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1. If using QuickBooks online, it is necessary to know that web human setting of TLS 1.2 is required for it. This way you will get access to QuickBooks Online through Internet Explorer.
For Windows 10 User:
With in-built Internet Explorer 11, Windows 10 has TLS 1.2 which is enabled by default.
Following the steps given below can help you verify that TLS 1.2 is enabled.
- Close QuickBooks Desktop and open ‘Internet Explorer‘
- Select ‘Internet Explorer‘ from the ‘Tools‘ menu
- Choose the ‘Advanced Tab‘ and scroll down to the ‘Security section‘
- Check if ‘TLS 1.2‘ is enabled. If not, check the box in order to enable it.
- Click on ‘Apply‘ and then ‘OK‘
- Now, select ‘Internet Explorer‘ and reopen QuickBooks Desktop.
- Check if the issue is resolved.
Also Read: How To Start And Stop QuickBooks Data Sync?
For Windows 7/8/8.1 Users:
It is advisable to upgrade to Internet Explorer if you are using ‘Windows 7/8/or 8.1 Operating System‘. If you wish to keep the Internet Explorer, then you must enable the ‘TLS 1.2‘ in the settings of Internet Explorer. Moreover, if you have Internet Explorer 11, you should ensure that ‘TLS 1.2‘ is enabled.
Follow the below steps:
- Close QuickBooks Desktop and open ‘Internet Explorer‘.
- Select ‘Internet Options‘ from the drop-down of ‘Tools‘ menu.
- Choose ‘Advanced Tab‘ and click on ‘Security section‘
- Click and ‘Check whether TLS 1.2‘ is enabled or not. If it is not enabled, check the box and enable it.
- Click on ‘Apply‘ and then click ‘OK‘.
- Close ‘Internet Explorer‘ and then reopen QuickBooks Desktop.
- Check if the issue has resolved.
For Windows XP or Vista users:
Until and unless you upgrade your Windows Operating system to the latest release and is supported by Microsoft, you will not be able to upgrade past ‘Internet Explorer 8‘ on ‘Windows XP‘ or ‘Vista‘.
In case, you are still not able to export QuickBooks Desktop data to QuickBooks Online or facing TLS error, then you can connect with us for more details and can seek QuickBooks Online Support and assistance. Reach out to us at our toll-free number- 1-844-405-0907.
If you are trying to Access or sign-in to QuickBooks Online
Check your operating system first because your TLS settings are depending on your operating system (OS) version. If you are accessing QuickBooks Online from Internet Explorer perform the given steps.
For Windows 10 User
If you are a Windows 10 user then by default there is already Internet Explorer V11 and TLS 1.2. To check TLS 1.2 enable or not, perform the below given steps:
- Firstly you need to click on the ‘Tools menu‘ on ‘Internet Explorer‘.
- Then select the ‘Internet Options‘.
- Hit a click on the ‘Advanced tab‘ and then scroll down to the ‘Security section‘.
- To Verify it, check that if you have ‘TLS 1.2‘ enabled or not, if not then mark/check the box to enable it.
- Now hit a click on ‘OK‘.
- Close ‘Internet Explorer‘ browser and then reopen it again.
- Finally sign in to https://qbo.intuit.com
You may also like: How to Fix Intuit QuickBooks Error 31?
For Windows 7/8/8.1
If you are a Windows 7/8/8.1 users then you have to upgrade to your Internet Explorer browser to the latest release. The another method you have to enable TLS 1.2 from your IE settings if you don’t want to upgrade your Internet explorer browser.
If you upgraded your IE browser to the latest or you have Internet Explorer 11, then verify your TLS settings below.
- From the ‘Tools menu‘ click on Internet Explorer.
- Choose ‘Internet Options‘.
- Click on the ‘Advanced tab‘ and then scroll down and go to the ‘Security section‘.
- Now ‘Verify that TLS 1.2‘ enabled (checked). If you see that it’s not enabled then enable it.
- Click on ‘OK‘ button.
- Close ‘Internet Explorer‘ and then reopen it. Now sign in to https://qbo.intuit.com
For Windows XP or Vista
If you are a Windows XP or Vista users then you are aware about that you can’t upgrade the past Internet Explorer (IE) 8 on Windows XP or Vista. In this case you must have to upgrade your windows operating system to latest release that is officially supported by Microsoft.
If TLS 1.2 error continues after .net and TLS 1.2 operations are confirmed
If you still encounter this error after confirmed TLS 1.2 procedures then adhere to these offered actions:
Firstly, you have to configure your Internet Explorer (IE) readying to Avoid TLS error. Internet Explorer (IE) is the default browser for QuickBooks.
- First of all ‘Click on Tools‘ and then click on ‘Internet Options‘.
- Now Select the ‘delete option‘ from the ‘General tab‘.
- After that select ‘Temporary Internet data files‘ and Select ‘Delete‘.
Note – Leave the remove cookies option unselect.
- Next, Currently choose the ‘LAN settings‘ from the ‘Connections tab‘, choose ‘LAN‘ setups.
- And then ‘Check the box‘ beside to the Automatically Detect Settings.
- Make it sure that the ‘Proxy servers‘ are blank unless you make use of one.
Note: You could have to consult your IT administrator.
- Now Select and click on ‘OK‘ twice.
- Then scroll down about 3/4 of the way down in the list from the ‘Advanced tab‘.
- Ensure that both ‘SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0‘ are inspected.
- If inspected after that you need to clear the box next to ‘Check for publisher’s certification‘.
- Currently scroll down from the exact same ‘Advanced tab‘ in towards the bottom.
- And also ensure that ‘TLS 1.2‘ is unchecked. If inspected, clear the checkbox.
We hope that this short article will help you to troubleshoot your ‘TLS Error – QuickBooks Online Internet Explorer Security Changes‘.
Few other suggested articles