Businesses are a slave to software these days and QuickBooks is software which small and medium sized businesses are using like a pro. This ideal accounting software fulfills the needs of the organizations and allows them to work efficiently within the timelines. The software saves time of the company and no doubt, it also reduces paperwork. Used widely by retailer, whole seller, hospitals and contractors, the software is very efficient and in demand. But the user using this software also faces many errors such as QuickBooks Error Code 64 which is quite a common error.
In this article, we will give you troubleshooting methods to fix this QuickBooks error code 64. However, you can contact to QuickBooks error support team and ask your doubts directly to them.
You may also like: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code: 17_7010?
What is QuickBooks Error Code 64?
QuickBooks Error Code 64 is the Hexadecimal information arrangement of the blunder message that is produced. This is one of the ordinary error message organize that is used by Microsoft Windows and other Microsoft Windows perfect applications and driver producers. The provider can utilize the Error Code 64 to distinguish the error made. This error includes a numeric value a practical description as well.
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 64
The various causes of this error can be as follows:
- May be the Windows system file is damaged, and thus the error is displayed
- System data files are missing that can be a risk to the health of the PC
- There are a number of events which have caused file errors
- Unfinished QuickBooks installation or file erasure
- Bad deletion of equipment or application
- A bad shutdown of the PC
- Data corruption of Windows System files
- The laptop or desktop has been contaminated by a Trojan or spyware attack
Easy Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 64
Follow the below given steps in order to troubleshoot the QuickBooks error code 64.
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks File Doctor tool
- Download and install QuickBooks File Doctor tool
- Fix the company file or network using the QuickBooks File Doctor tool
- When the tool is downloaded, then install the tool by double clicking on the .exe file
- Launch the tool by double-clicking the icon present on the desktop
- Now, check the results
Solution 2: The Manual User Solution
- Log in as Admin and restart your computer
- Click on the Start button and then, click on ‘All Programs‘ Accessories, System Tools’
- Click System ‘Restore’
- In a new window, now choose ‘Restore my computer to an earlier time’, and Click ‘Next‘
- ‘On this list, click a restore point’ list, and choose the latest system restore point from the display screen
- Click ‘Next‘
- Now again click on ‘Next‘ on the confirmation window also
- Restart computer once the restoration is completed
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 403?
Solution 3: Automated (Novice) User Solution
- Download the QuickBooks Error Code 64 repair utility
- Install the program and click Scan
- Once the scan is completed properly, then click on the Fix/Repair button
- As the last step, restart your computer
Solution 4: Login as system Admin
This step is required to install updates.
- In the search bar near Start Button, type ‘User Accounts‘
- Select the ‘User Accounts‘
- Now, click on ‘Manage User Accounts‘, if prompted to do so, then type the password
- Log in as administrator, go to ‘settings‘ and ‘access Windows update‘
- Now, you will be given an option to install the latest updates
- After this, wait till the process is completed
- If the error persists, even following all the above steps, then go ahead with the manual repair method two in which you will have to scan for malware
Read Also: What is QuickBooks Error Code 3120?
The above given steps will help you get rid of the QuickBooks Error Code 64. But if you are not able to fix this error, you can contact our executive QuickBooks payroll technical support team on the support phone through our toll-free number i.e. +1-844-405-0907. You can directly contact them through this number and they will help you resolve your error.
Other helpful Faq’s