Are you looking for the right set of steps to deal with QuickBooks error 15103? If yes, then reading this blog post till the end will surely help. This is one of the most common error and belongs to QuickBooks 15000 series error. This error generally occurs in your system when the user tries to download QuickBooks Desktop or payroll updates. Incorrect configuration can cause these errors. As a result of such an error the user might not be able use the improved features of the QuickBooks payroll service.
In the QuickBooks series 15000 there are many different series codes. Here we are going to discuss QuickBooks Error 15103 and how to resolve this error. It can be seen with a error message that says “The update program damaged or the update program cannot be opened”. To know more about the causes and fixes of such an error make sure to read this post till the end. Or contact us for any further information at +1-844-405-0907.
What leads to QuickBooks error code 15103?
This error can be seen due to the following factors. Let us have a look.
- One of the basic factors causing such an error can be if Microsoft Internet explorer incorrect configuration.
- Or at the time of QuickBooks not able to verify the digital signature of a file.
- Also any sort of connectivity problem of the network is also the cause of this issue.
- It takes place due to the incomplete installation of QuickBooks files and it got damaged.
- The window registry is damaged.
- Installation of QuickBooks is unsuccessful.
- Error 15103 QuickBooks will occur when the system malware has an issue.
- The window file will be corrupted and damaged
Methods to fix the error
The user can perform the below stated steps to fix the error code successfully
Process 1: Clean install QuickBooks
- Firstly, uninstall the QuickBooks Desktop.
- The next step is to download and start the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
- Now, manually Rename the QuickBooks Desktop installation folder.
- After that, reinstall QuickBooks Desktop.
- The user should lastly check whether the QuickBooks update error 15103 is still there or not.
Process 2: Install digital signature certificate
- The user should first start a window search for QBW32.exe which is in the C:\Program File\ Intuit\ QuickBooks. And to find the QBW32.exe window.
- If QBW32.exe does not appear in the initial search then click on the more result in window search.
- Clicking on the computer icon on the next screen is suggested
- Now, from the search result, find QBW32.exe which has a type of application.
- In this step click on QBW32.exe then go to the Properties option.
- Now, tap on the Digital Signature tab and make sure that Intuit inc. is selected or not in the signature list.
- The user should head to the Details option.
- In the digital signature, the Detail window clicks on the View Certificate.
- Now, click on Install Certificate in the Certificate window.
- The user should now click on the tap button on Next until the finish tab appears, then hit on Finish.
- After that restart your computer system.
- When the restart successfully completed then open QuickBooks Desktop.
- The last step is to download the update again.
Read this also: Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15218
Process 3: Edit internet explorer settings
- At first the user should open your Internet Explorer.
- And click on the gear icon and then choose Internet options.
- After that move to the security tab > Trusted Sites > site.
- The user should then add the following website
- For US version of QuickBooks:- *.quickbooks.com or *.intuit.com.
- For Canadian version of QuickBooks:- *.quickbooks.ca or *.intuit.ca.
- The next step is to click on the Close button.
- Now, choose the Apply option and then OK.
- End the process by verifying whether the QuickBooks error 15103 is resolved or not.
Process 4: Configure antivirus defender
- The user should setup firewall anti-virus defender to check that the QuickBooks files are saved and secure.
- If the firewall is not fixed it will damage QuickBooks files when you try to download updates and reinstalling any version.
Also See: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15104?
Process 5: Verify internet and settings of QuickBooks
- The user should ensure that the QuickBooks files have internet access of incoming and outgoing, configure your firewall and antivirus.
- When the user tries to download the update and the firewall is not associated with QuickBooks can be because of the 15xxx series error.
Process 6: Download update in safe mode
- The user should first open your system in safe mode.
- After that download the update.
- The user should then restart your system in normal mode.
- The last step is to re-download the update and verify whether is resolved or not.
Process 7: Go for normal startup mode
- At first, the user should head to run window by clicking on Windows+R together.
- The user will have to enter in MSCONFIG in the Run box and click on OK.
- After that choose the Normal startup.
- Now hit a click on the apply button and then the OK tab.
- The last step is to restart your system.
Process 8: Use quick fix my program
- The very first step is to download the QuickBooks tool hub.
- After that, the program is completely installed on your computer.
- The user should head to the Program Problems tab and click on the Quick Fix my Program.
- Have patience, as this might take some time to start.
- The last step is to reopen the QuickBooks Desktop.
Process 9: Rename the downloadqbxx folder
- The very first step is to open folder where the QuickBooks update files are stored.
- Find the downloadqbxx folder
- Here the xx denotes the version number of QuickBooks desktop
- The user needs to now right click on the folder and choose rename
- After that, add old to the end of the folder name and press enter
- The last step is to update QuickBooks desktop again
Process 10: Start the reboot.bat file
- The very first step is to close the QuickBooks desktop
- Now, right click the QuickBooks icon and thn select the properties tab
- After that, move to the open file location and then you have to type in reboot/reboot.bat at the top right search bar
- Select run as admin and click on yes
- The user will then have to apply to the changes, and reboot the system and also reopen QuickBooks
- The user will then have to click on update if you agree to install the updates on the system
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15106?
This article tends to provide best possible assistance in fixing the error successfully. However, if for some reason the user isn’t able to deal with such an error, then contacting our QuickBooks Support professionals at +1-844-405-0907 is suggested. We are a team of technical professionals working on fixing all sorts of QuickBooks related issues instantly.
The error usually occurs due to a damaged or corrupted file, although there can be other possible reasons for this error. The error 15103 QuickBooks Desktop states that the update program is damaged or cannot be opened, and thus, you need to address this error code immediately.
The user can try to fix the issue using steps below:
1. Open QuickBooks Desktop.
2. Go to the Help, then select Update QuickBooks Desktop.
3. Select Update Now.
4. Select the Reset Update checkbox.
The user can try to fix this issue using the steps below:
Step 1: Download the QuickBooks Tools Hub and run QuickBooks File Doctor.
Step 2: Update QuickBooks.
Step 3: Check your firewall settings.
Step 4: Set up your folder permissions.
Related helpful articles: