Nowadays, millions of QuickBooks user encounters problems related to QB Payroll unable to update. This problem generally appears with an error code 15106. QB accounting software has never failed to amaze their users with its highly notable & beneficial features. But there always some limitation and restriction in QB tool, one of such issue is QB error 15106. There is no such problem in QuickBooks which cannot be resolve – Error 15106 is one of them.
In this blog, we have discussed about QuickBooks error code 15106 and it’s causes. However, you can save your precious time and efforts by calling QuickBooks error support team performing the below given technical steps
Possible Causes of Payroll Error 15106
QuickBooks users receive this error code with the warning or error messages on display.
“The update program is damaged”
“The update program cannot be opened”
The two major causes of this error code given below:
- Antivirus or system security application installed in the machine.
- There must be some limitation to write or read the new file because the QB user not logged in as an administrator.
Solution of QuickBooks Payroll Unable to Update Error Code 15106
Check out and perform the steps given below. It’s not necessary to complete all the steps you can try a few of them and try to download the latest tax table. However, you can get in touch with QuickBooks Error support team to resolve QB Errors instantly.
- Firstly, Log in or sign in as a system administrator.
- Verify if you have any antivirus software running on the computer, for example, Webroot Spyware Sweeper.
- Now hit enter by following the Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys on the keyboard of your computer.
- Search for the Spy Sweeper.exe file on the Processes tab. If didn’t see any such option, go with the step 4.
- Choose the Spy Sweeper.exe file and then End Process.
Note: If you receive an error, you suppose to uninstall the Webroot Spyware Sweeper by using Add/Remove Programs in the Windows.
- Go to the C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks(year)\Components.
- Change the name of the downloadqbxx folder to downloadqbxx.old.
- Reset the QuickBooks Desktop update.
- In case, you are using the 64-bit – go to the C:\Program Files(x86)\Intuit\Quickbooks(year)\Components
- In the “downloadqbxx.old”, “xx” stands for the QuickBooks version year .i.e. downloadqb18 for QuickBooks Desktop 2018.
- If you are a Windows 8 user – turn off the User Account Control (UAC) temporarily.
- If you are unable to download the updates – perform clean install in the Selective Startup.
Get Instant Customer Help
It has seen that many QB users face frustrating error codes and issues related to their accounting software. Due to this, we have a specialized team of Intuit QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisors gathered in a team.
For any issue, you can directly contact us at our QuickBooks Payroll toll-free support number with no hesitation .i.e. +1-844-405-0907. We are always ready to help you with our 24 hour of customer service facility.
Related helpful articles: