Random errors in QuickBooks can be extremely annoying but are commonly experienced. These errors often downsize the productivity of the software, which makes it unavoidable for the users to either implement the necessary steps to shun off these technical snags or join hands with some professionals who can help in tackling such issues. Of late, many QuickBooks users have reported the QuickBooks payroll error 2002. This error is basically experienced when you or any other user try to create a new data file, but unfortunately failed to do so during the payroll. You can also get redirected to such errors, when trying to create a company file during the use of QuickBooks payroll.
You might have noticed that you get a PIN when creating a company file in QuickBooks payroll, and at that time, if you enter a wrong password or PIN in the PIN section, then the probability of getting the same error is quite high. The factors triggering such technical glitches in QuickBooks can be identified easily and can be eliminated as well. We have drafted this piece of writing with the intention of providing you with the complete insight into the QuickBooks error code 2002, the basic triggers, and of course the quick fixes you can implement easily. On the contrary, if you feel the need of professional guidance at any point in time, then in that scenario, do not hesitate in contacting our technically sound QuickBooks ProAdvisors at +1-800-360-4183, and let them help you with all your clouds of confusion.
Possible Triggers to QuickBooks payroll error 2002
Getting errors in QuickBooks is common, but every error is instigated by some or the other factor. So, here are some possible triggers for the QuickBooks payroll error 2002. Let us evaluate:
- One the most common factor that can drive such error in QuickBooks is if the security certificate itself is invalid.
- Another possible trigger can be if you are trying to send the payroll data while in multi-user mode.
- Be prepared to experience a similar issue if the network time out occurs hindering the connection with the server.
- The probability of experiencing an issue is higher when the internet security and personal firewall software settings are not compatible to let the download happen.
- If your system’s date and time is set incorrectly, then there are chances that you land into such typical errors.
Points to Remember
You are suggested to go through the below pointers before performing the tasks to eliminate the issue permanently.
- Ensuring that the PIN is between 8 to 12 characters is crucial.
- Further, the PIN should be a combination of at least one letter and one number.
- Another essential point to be considered is that the PIN is case sensitive, make sure to check if the CAPS lock and the num lock is off when you enter the pin.
- Not just that, make sure to request for payroll transaction.
You can also check out: QuickBooks Update Error 12045 – Easy Tips and Tricks to Fix
Measures to Eliminate QuickBooks error code 2002
You can try eliminating the QuickBooks payroll error by performing the steps enumerated below:
Measure 1: Clearing the Cache
Often the junk files and cache data can trigger some technical glitches, in that case, it is an ideal way to perform the basic steps to clear the cache and get rid of the errors easily. The steps that can be implemented for this process include:
- Initiate the process by closing the QuickBooks desktop software and all other programs running on the system.
- Furthermore, you need to press the windows + R key and enter run in the search bar.
- Later on, type %temp% in the run window and hit the enter tab respectively.
- You will now witness a new window opening and showing the temporary files.
- Here, you will need to select all the files and folders in this window and also click on the delete tab.
- The next step in the process is to press the windows key and enter appdata and hit the enter tab.
- Followed by heading to the AppData window, where you need to open the local folder and delete the intuit folder.
- Reboot the system and open QuickBooks again to check if the error gets eliminated or not.
Measure 2: Reboot Database Manager Service on the sever system
Simply rebooting the database server manager service on the server system can shun off such errors in QuickBooks up to certain extent. You just need to perform the below steps to reboot the service and you are good to go.
- Simply start off by press windows key + R key simultaneously
- And this would open the run dialog box.
- You now have to enter the services.msc in the box and hit the enter tab to open the services window.
- Scroll down to find the QuickBooksDBXX service.
- And further, right click the QuickBooksDBXX service and hit the restart tab from the context menu.
- Wait for the service to reboot and further close the services window.
- Now, open the QuickBooks software and try accessing the company file again to see if the error has been eliminated or not.
Read Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 15106?
Measure 3: Repairing QuickBooks
At times, your QuickBooks software itself gets damaged, due to which you might land into some glitches. A simple solution for this is to perform the steps to repair the QuickBooks software. Let us check out what steps can be performed to do so:
- Begin the procedure by closing the QuickBooks software and all other programs running.
- Furthermore, make sure to press the windows key and also enter the control panel in the search bar.
- Click on the control panel from the search results.
- And then, in the control panel, choose programs and features or uninstall a program, depending upon the version of the windows.
- You will now have to locate QuickBooks in the list of programs, right click on it and choose change or uninstall/change.
- In the QuickBooks installation window, choose repair and click on the next tab.
- You are then required to perform the onscreen instructions to complete the repair process.
Measure 4: Make use of the repair utility
Try using the repair utility by performing the below discussed steps and this might dump the QuickBooks error code 2002 up to certain extent. Let us have a look:
- Launch QuickBooks as admin by simply using the admin ID and password.
- You are then supposed to download payrollsubini.exe and run it in the system.
- Followed by clicking on the repair utility tab to run the utility.
- Check for the available payroll updates and perform the steps including:
- Moving to the employees tab and clicking on the payroll updates tab.
- Update the software
- Click on the ok tab
- Close and reopen the QuickBooks software to check if the repair utility works.
Measure 5: Re-enter the correct PIN
This is a basic solution that you can try implementing, in case you are entering an incorrect pin for using the QuickBooks payroll. Try re-entering the Pin and also can create a new Pin to fix the issue. When you enter your pin, make sure that the characters are within 8 to 12 characters.
Measure 6: Use QuickBooks file doctor tool
When none of the above steps help in getting rid of this issue in QuickBooks, try making use of the QuickBooks file doctor tool. This tool is designed in a way to get rid of all sorts of company file related errors that one might come across. The steps to be performed in this process are as follows:
- Kickstart the process by downloading the QuickBooks tool hub in the latest version.
- Followed by installing the same from the file saved after the first step.
- Agreeing to the terms and conditions is another step in the process.
- You will then have to look for a tab stating company file issue after you open the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Under which, you might come across the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- You now have to click on the download it tab from the tool hub and wait for it to open.
- Pick the company file from the drop-down menu
- And further choose the file that you want to fix.
- In case the file isn’t available in the company file drop-down, browse and search to find out the file.
- Once done with that, click on the check your file option and hit the continue tab.
- Make sure that you enter the correct admin password and click on the next tab.
- The scan process might take some time, but it completely depends on the file size.
- After the process comes to a conclusion, try opening the QuickBooks software and the company file to make sure that error is permanently eliminated.
To Wrap It Up!
Once you have identified the error and know what measures can be taken to eliminate it, it becomes easy to get rid of such issues and bring your software back on track. However, there can be situation that you might not be able to tackle through the issue even after performing the solutions illustrated above, in that scenario, the only sensible solution is to get in touch with a professional who can help you with the fixation of the error and has sound knowledge related to the software. You can directly get on a call with our technically sound QuickBooks professionals at +1-800-360-4183, and they will help you with all sorts of QuickBooks associated problems. Feel free to contact us, as we are just a call away for your assistance.