Causes and Solutions to QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 2002
QuickBooks is an advanced accounting software that allows you to manage the flow of your money, manage your clients and employees, generate invoices and do a wide range of other things. But like any other software, it too has some limitations. Various errors may show up at different times – while installing the software, upgrading or updating it, or using it – and affecting your business operations.
Today in this blog post, we will discuss one such error that QuickBooks Payroll users often face – QuickBooks Error 2002. The issue occurs when you or any user attempt to create a new data file but fail to do so during payroll due to some issues. While using QuickBooks Payroll, you may receive a prompt to provide a PIN, and QuickBooks payroll error code 2002 may appear if you enter a wrong PIN. You can try again to enter the right Pin in the next attempt.
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 2000?
What causes QuickBooks error code 2002?
The user might come across this issue due to the following reasons:
- In case the user has entered an incorrect PIN when asked to use QuickBooks payroll
- Or if the user is having any issue with the data file
- Another common reason can be if there is any sort of internet issue in QuickBooks
- Also, if the payroll is not updated to the latest release
Points you should keep in mind while entering the PIN
Here are a few points that you should consider while entering the PIN.
- Your PIN should be between 8 to 12 characters.
- Your PIN should be a combination of at least one letter and one number.
- PIN is case sensitive therefore check Caps Lock as well as NUM Lock on your Keyboard when entering the PIN.
- You can easily request for your payroll transaction.
Troubleshooting Steps for QuickBooks Payroll Error 2002
The QuickBooks payroll error 2002 can easily be fixed by the following steps mentioned below or users can seek assistance from QuickBooks Error Support team.
Method 1: Using Repair utility
- Start off by logging into your computer as the ‘Administrator‘.
- Make sure you have a stable internet connection and then download ‘PayrollSubini.exe‘ and run it in the system.
- Next, run ‘Repair Utility‘ option.
- After that check for any available Payroll updates by following the steps mentioned below.
- Tap on the ‘Employees‘ and then select the ‘Payroll updates‘ option.
- Then update the software.
- Click ‘OK‘ to let the download get completed.
- Once the download is done, close and again open QuickBooks.
Method 2: Using QuickBooks file doctor tool
- The very first step is to download QuickBooks tool hub in the latest version
- After that install it
- Now, agree to the terms and conditions to run the tool
- The next step is to find the company file issue tab and click on it
- This will open the File doctor tool option
- After that click on the check your file option and also the continue tab
- And also enter the admin password and click on next
- Let the tool scan the file and perform necessary steps to fix the issue
- The process might take time depending upon the file size
- Let the tool fix the issue and reboot the system to save changes
Method 3: Re-enter the correct PIN
The error might be experienced when the user enters incorrect pin. In such situation, the user is suggested to retype the PIN or generate a new PIN. When entering the PIN, the user should ensure that the characters should not be more than 8 to 12.
The steps are easy and can easily solve the QuickBooks Payroll Error 2002. But if still the problem persists then our QuickBooks Payroll Support team will come to your rescue with quick and effective solution. You can ask any query related to it from well qualified and experienced accounting experts at 1-844-405-0907.
More helpful topics