Trying to update QuickBooks, but ended up in a random and vague error message. Does this sound relatable? Update errors are one of the most common sorts of errors experienced by QuickBooks users. Not just that, these errors often hinder the smooth working of the software and can freeze it for a couple of seconds. Delay in work is something that frustrates us the most, due to this it becomes crucial to tackle such errors as soon as possible. And to make the procedure of tackling update errors in QuickBooks like the error code 12045 easy, here we are with this section of our writing, sharing the crucial procedures that can help you in dealing with this update error successfully.
Just in case you are interested in learning the methods that can help you eliminate QuickBooks update error 12045 and bring your software back to normal working mode, then make sure you scroll through the entire segment. However, if you are in a hurry and do not want to perform the fixation procedures on your own, then in that case our certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors are here at your rescue. You can simply give us a call at +1-844-405-0907 and let our technically sound QuickBooks experts help you with all sorts of QuickBooks related queries. Having said that, let us delve in deep to understand the QuickBooks error code 12045 in detail!
What is QuickBooks update error 12045?
Simply going through the causes and fixes won’t help until you have a little knowledge about what this error code is all about. So, here is a quick view about this error code 12045. This error can be experienced when you try to update the QuickBooks desktop or download the latest release for the same. In a couple of scenarios, the error messages aren’t noticeable, but at times you might experience a warning message such as in the case of 12045 error. It shows up on the screen stating: Error 12045: Failed to download the update. Other than this, there can be a few more errors that can be seen when updating the QuickBooks software, it includes QuickBooks error 12157, 12038, 12037, 15xxx errors, etc. There are a few factors that might trigger such errors in QuickBooks. Let us discuss further the causes.
Why does QuickBooks update error 12045 occur?
The moment you come across such an error in QuickBooks, you might have a query in your head that what is the reason behind the occurrence of this issue. Well, there are a couple of factors causing QuickBooks update error 12045. Let us find it out:
- Inaccurate time and date settings on the system can be a factor triggering such errors.
- In case the internet connection isn’t working properly
- You have restrictive settings of firewall or third-party internet security software
- Another possible cause can be if different QuickBooks versions are available on the same system.
- You have multiple QuickBooks desktop versions set up on their systems.
You may also check out: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6073 9901 (Unable to Open the Company File)?
Quick Solutions to eliminate Error code 12045 in QuickBooks
Getting rid of errors in QuickBooks is easy, as there are certain solutions for every error. Here are some common fixes that you can easily perform to get rid of the QuickBooks error code 12045.
Fix 1: Uninstall multiple versions of QuickBooks program
As we mentioned earlier, having multiple versions of QuickBooks installed on the system can trigger such issues in QuickBooks. Thus, it is suggested to uninstall them using the set of steps enumerated below:
- You need to start off by opening the control panel
- Followed by heading to the programs and features
- Furthermore, search for any duplicate or multiple versions of QuickBooks program installed on the system
- You are then supposed to click on any version identified and also click on uninstall and change tab
- Once done with that, click on uninstall tab
- When the version is removed, re-open QuickBooks and try updating the software to the latest release.
Fix 2: Resetting the previous update of QuickBooks
You can try resetting the previous update to fix the error using the steps listed below:
- Start off by running the QuickBooks desktop
- After that, click on the help tab
- You are then required to click on the option to update QuickBooks desktop
- Later on, click on the update now tab
- Followed by, check marking the reset update option before clicking on the option to get updates
- In case the updates proceed, QuickBooks payroll error 12045 should be fixed.
- If not, then make sure to check for any multiple versions of QuickBooks installed on the system.
Read Similar Article: How to get rid of QuickBooks Error Code 12029?
Fix 3: Configuring Internet connection settings
At times, when the internet connection settings aren’t configured properly, one might come across certain errors. To resolve errors like 12045, we recommend performing the below set of steps and configuring the internet connection settings.
- Initiate the process by launching the web browser and navigate to any random URL to check if the internet is working fine.
- Make an exit from the browser and run QuickBooks desktop, if it is working fine.
- Now, click on the help tab and move to the internet connection setup.
- You are then required to make a move to the advanced connection settings.
- Click on the advanced tab
- Select he option to restore the advanced settings
- You are now supposed to click on apply
- Followed by, clicking on ok tab.
- Exit QuickBooks and reopen it
- Try to update the software again
Fix 4: Configure firewall settings
Firewall can at times hinder the working of QuickBooks, if not configured properly. Thus, it is recommended to configure the firewall settings using the steps stated ahead:
- Open the control panel and head to the system and security tab
- Move to the windows firewall tab
- And pick the option to allow the program in windows firewall
- You are then supposed to click on the option to change settings
- Followed by looking for QuickBooks and selecting private and public options other than QuickBooks.
- In case the same isn’t listed, make sure to enter it manually.
- This can be done by clicking on the add program tab
- And then, select browse tab and also head to C Drive:/Program file/Intuit/QuickBooks/qbw32.exe
- You are then required to click on open and also click on add tab
- Now, click on ok tab.
- Incorporate port 80 and port 443 corresponding to QuickBooks in the firewall settings corresponding to the following files:
Fix 5: Using SFC/Scannow command
You can use the system file scanner to diagnose the errors within QuickBooks and the system. This involves the following steps:
- Begin the process by opening the command prompt
- Now, enter SFC/scannow and click on the enter tab to start the scan
- After the scan is complete, try to update QuickBooks desktop again
- Check if the issue is fixed or not.
Fix 6: Updating date and time
Incorrect date and time can be a major trigger behind the occurrence of such issues. One can verify the accuracy of the time set up on the system, and if there is any variation found, it is suggested to adjust it to fix any sort of issues occurring due to that.
- For this, you need to right click the date and time on the taskbar
- Select the option to adjust date/time
- Click on the option to change date and time
- Adjust the date and time to the correct one
- Click on apply tab and also click on ok tab respectively
- Close this window and open QuickBooks
- Click on the help tab and click on the option to update QuickBooks desktop
- Head to the update process and check if the issue resolves
Errors and bugs should be fixed before they create any sort of nuisance, and the same thing applies in the case of QuickBooks. Thus, if you come across QuickBooks error code 12045, then make sure that you implement any of the above discussed procedures and try eliminating the issue from its root cause. On the contrary, if you aren’t able to, or if you require any professional assistance, then do not hesitate in contacting our technically sound QuickBooks professionals at +1-844-405-0907, and they will provide you with immediate QuickBooks support and assistance.
Other Related Articles:
QuickBooks error code 12045 is basically an update error that can often be experienced when the user tries to update the QuickBooks software to the latest version. The major factor triggering this issue can be if the date and time of the system is misconfigured.
A bunch of factors can cause such an error in QuickBooks, which include:
1. The internet connection isn’t working properly
2. Restrictive settings of firewall or third-party internet security software
3. If different QuickBooks versions are available on the same system.
There are a couple of procedures that can be performed to fix this issue:
1. Configure the date and time of the system
2. Using SFC/Scannow command
3. Uninstall multiple versions of QuickBooks
4. Use QuickBooks install diagnostic tool