Learn the best ways to get overcome from QuickBooks error code 392
QuickBooks is one of the most persuasive and enduring accounting software accepted by all types of Business enterprises -small, medium or large-sized organizations throughout the world. QuickBooks always comes up in the market with various new and improved features. It is an excellent tool to be used to grow up your business. But sometimes, it may also encounter some technical issues or errors in its access. But we provide you all the possible solutions for them.
What is QuickBooks Error code 392?
This error code is one of the common error that users may face very often. QuickBooks error code 392 is generated when there is a crash in the active program. Sometimes, the computer crashes frequently, particularly when the same program is being run. It may lead to improper functioning of the software. This error code 392 may also occur when you install any software or program and when you try shutting down or starting Windows or sometimes at the time of the Windows installation.
Here In this article, we will discuss one of the error – QuickBooks Error 392. This error occurs when the active program window crashes. We will also learn the various causes behind this error code 392. We will also provide 5 simplest solutions to solve this issue.
In case you are not good in technical aspects or you are not an expert then you can take advice from our QuickBooks experts.
You might also like: How to resolve QuickBooks banking error 103?
Reasons of QuickBooks Error 392
There are various reasons responsible for the existence of this QB error code 392. Some of them are listed below:
- Incomplete installation of QuickBooks software
- Corruption in the download process
- QuickBooks software change upon installation or un-installation
- When there are corrupted Windows system files and corrupted QuickBooks program files.
- Sometimes, QuickBooks files get deleted by mistake or by some other program.
- Malware or virus infection in the software
How to Recognize QuickBooks Error code 392?
You can easily find out this error 392 in your software with the help of these symptoms given below:
- Error Code 392 arises when the QB file crashes all your active programs in Windows.
- Crash in the active program.
- The computer system freezes frequently.
- Slow response in the system.
- Windows operating system responds slowly towards the keyboard or mouse.
- Some damage in the program.
Steps to fix QuickBooks Error Code 392
Here, we have provided all the possible and necessary methods that will surely resolve the error 392. Read the following methods and try them carefully:
(Note – Please try to take the help of an expert when you try to fix it manually as minor damage or mistake will cause permanent damage to the software.)
Step 1: Try to Repair registry entries related to the error
- First, make a backup by exporting a part of the registry related to QB Error 392.
- Then, Press on the ‘Start‘ button.
- Type ‘Command‘ in the search box and do not press ‘Enter‘.
- Hold the key ‘Ctrl+shift‘ and then press ‘Enter‘.
Step 2: A Permission dialogue Box will appear on the screen
- Click ‘Yes‘ and a black box will get opened with a blinking cursor.
- Type “Regedit” in the box and press ‘ENTER‘.
- Choose the Error 392 related key that you want to back up in the ‘Registry Editor‘.
- Select ‘Export‘ from the ‘File Menu‘.
- Then, select the folder where you want to save the QuickBooks backup key in the Save list.
- Now give a name for your backup file in the ‘File Name‘ box.
Step 3: Remember to choose ‘Selected branch’ in the Export Range box
- Click on the ‘Save‘ button.
- Now, the file will be saved with a ‘.reg file‘ extension.
Read Also: Steps to fix QuickBooks Error Code 6189
Step 4: You will get a backup of the QuickBooks-related registry entry
- After this, ‘Edit your registry‘ with the help of an expert.
- Conduct a ‘Full Malware Scan‘ of Your PC
- Go to the ‘Start‘ button.
- Type “command” in the search box and Do not press ‘Enter‘ immediately.
- Holding ‘CTRL+Shift‘ on your keyboard, hit ‘ENTER‘.
Step 5: A Permission dialogue box will resemble your window
- Click on ‘Yes‘ then, a black box will appear with a blinking cursor on the screen.
- Write “cleanmgr” in the box and press ‘ENTER‘.
- Calculate how much you can reclaim from the occupied disk space.
- In the ‘Disk Cleanup‘ dialog box, select a series of checkboxes.
- Check the boxes for the categories that you want to clean and press ‘OK‘.
Few other possible solutions to fix Error 392
- You can update the system drivers.
- Use ‘Windows System Restore‘ so that you can ‘Undo‘ recent changes in the system.
- Uninstallation and re-installation of the QuickBooks Program linked to Error code 392
- Run ‘Windows System File Checker‘.
- It can also be fixed by installing all Windows updates that are available.
- Performing a ‘Clean Installation of Windows‘.
These are some really simple solutions that will definitely fix the QuickBooks Error code 392. Hopefully, you will find the article valuable and will be able to follow the perfect procedure by following the steps carefully and try them as recommended.
If you want any further information or you suffer any trouble, then you can anytime contact us on our QuickBooks error support team at +1(800)880-6389 and get connected to our tech experts. We are always there for your help.
Our experts are available round the clock and they posses cutting-edge tool and technology to offer you quick and precise solutions of all your accounting software related issues.