Best ways to Resolve QuickBooks banking error 106, 168 or 324
QuickBooks is a versatile accounting software trusted by millions of business owners. The software assists business persons to handle their finances and manage their businesses with ease. However, there might be times when a user may come across one or more errors while using the software, despite it being cutting–edge software. One of the most common error codes that QuickBooks users commonly receive is QuickBooks banking error 106, 168 or 324. This error code is described as Online Banking Errors that occur when QuickBooks Online fails to find the account or accounts, while logging in to your online banking on that bank’s website. One reason behind the eruption of these errors can be that your bank has closed your account and thus the detail isn’t displayed on the bank’s site. Also, you can take help from our QuickBooks Error support team by dialing toll-free i.e. +1-800-360-4183.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 106, Error 168 or Error 324?
The quick fixes for QuickBooks online banking error 106, 168, and 324 are as follows:
Solution 1: Manually Update Bank Account
- You can open QBO and then from the left side navigational panel, click on the banking option.
- Furthermore, deselect those accounts that you do not want to update as of now. A blue sign indicates that the account is selected and a grey sign indicates that the account is not selected.
- After you have selected the required accounts, click on the update tab.
- Later on, QuickBooks will ask you to enter the multi-factor authentication number.
- And you will get a notification when the update is over.
You can further check whether this method works or not by checking the date of the last up; date and the total number of transactions. In case they are changed, then it indicates that this method works, else you would have to go for the next method.
Essential points to check when performing manual update
- There are certain bank and credit card companies that post transactions for download only after a day or the very next morning. Thus, it is suggested to wait for one day and then try to update it on your own i.e., manually.
- At times, you might see transactions on the bank website, but you cannot download them till the bank posts them.
- In case there are any transactions missing, then wait for around 24 hours.
Read Also: How to Solve QuickBooks Bank Reconciliation?
Solution 2: Check whether you can log in to the Bank’s website through the URL provided by the Bank for online banking or not
Performing some set of steps becomes essential to check that you can connect to the bank through the URL that is used by the QBO for online banking. Let us find out the steps for the same:
- You need to first open QuickBooks and further click on the banking option.
- Heading forward, go for add account option from the top-right corner.
- And, there you will find the name of the financial institution or the bank being used.
- Select the bank from the results.
- And click on the bank’s URL from the top of the window.
- A new window for the bank website will open up on the screen.
- Check whether all the functions are working properly or not.
- Verify the website by checking the account summary, account details, and the account history.
- In case you are able to see all these things without any error, then the bank website URL is working well.
Note that, QuickBooks only supports the connection to the bank account, only in case you are able to log in to the bank account through the link. A handful of financial institutions have multiple logins to different types of accounts, but they usually release one website for the connection to QuickBooks online.
Don’t Skip This: How to Fix Banking Error 9995 in QuickBooks Online?
Solution 3: Check if there are changes in security features from bank’s side
It you are able to log in to the bank account, check if there are any notifications, messages or alerts from the bank’s part in regards to the changes causing the errors. The message can be like, you need to update the bank login password due to security reasons or that bank has introduced a new security feature that needs some of your actions before proceeding ahead.
Solution 4: Fix Registry Entries
- You need to first click on the start tab.
- Further, enter the command in the search box to open the run window.
- Once done with that, use short key window tab + R and further enter regedit to fix registry entries.
- Click on the Ok tab or you can directly press the enter tab.
- Select the error 324 in the registry editor.
- And after performing the steps above, export the file that is included in the file menu.
- You now have to save the backup key in the folder by selecting export.
- Towards the end, click on the save tab.
- Don’t forget to save the file with .reg extension.
Also Read: QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
Solution 5: Use Reconnect my account link to fix the issue
- You can try fixing error 324 by clicking on the reconnect my account link.
- This is present after the error message.
- You need to perform the steps to select the updated account with the financial institution.
- In case you do not see reconnect my account link, try to manually update your account within QuickBooks online.
- Further, click on the update tab.
- Try running manual updates during the non-peak hours, and also check whether you can log in to the bank’s website through the URL.
When trying to set up the connection to your Well Fargo Business or personal account, this error can occur in the way Well Fargo presents the accounts. In order to see the lost account, and be able to connect to it with QuickBooks online, you can continue with the steps below:
- You need to sign in to the account on the Well Fargo Site.
- After that, on the first screen display under account summary, choose your business account by using the dropdown arrow, and click on Go.
- Select the option set as default view.
- Now, login to QuickBooks online and set up the connection in online banking.
- Note that, there is no way to show both the business and personal accounts as the default view at the same time. Thus, you will have to toggle these on their site.
Solution 6: Wait for 24 hours and try again
In case you have tried all of the above discussed steps and you are unable to download bank transactions, then it indicates that there are some issues from the bank side. It is suggested to wait at least a day and then try again. This will grant the bank time to fix the errors or issues with the server.
The above-mentioned troubleshooting steps should be able to help you fix QuickBooks Banking Error 106, 168 or 324. If in case the problem exists even after trying all the solutions given, or you have any query, you can contact our QuickBooks support helpline number i.e. +1-800-360-4183. We are available round the clock and are known to offer the best solutions on the first point of contact.
FAQs related to QuickBooks Error 106, 168, or 324
Error code 324 in QuickBooks means that the QuickBooks accounting software is unable to find the account that is set up when it tries to connect to the bank or credit card’s website. This may occur if the bank or credit card company changed or moved the account to a new server.
The user can try fixing such an error using the set of steps listed below:
1. The very first step is to enable management tool access
2. After that disconnect the account.
3. You now have to delete the account.
4. And add the account again.
To fix this, you will have to visit the bank site, copy the bank URL and use it for searching and linking the correct account in QuickBooks. After you have performed the steps to download your most recent transactions, it is suggested to edit, assign, and categorize the transactions.
Similar blogs for QuickBooks online