QuickBooks error code 30159 is basically a payroll error that you can come across when trying to upgrade the payroll. Errors in QuickBooks can be extremely annoying, and dealing with issues immediately is crucial to avoid any further nuisance. Talking about QuickBooks error 30159, it usually appears on the screen with a warning message that states: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close.
Payroll errors in QuickBooks aren’t very common. However, you can experience such issues when trying to add an existing payroll subscription to your QuickBooks payroll account. Such an error can be further triggered due to misconfigured system files in Windows.
Furthermore, when running Windows-compatible programs, there is the probability of coming across this issue in QuickBooks. To further learn about this issue, make sure to read this piece of writing till the end. You can also get in touch with our technical support team at +1-800-360-4183, for any further QuickBooks-related assistance.
Possible Causes/Reasons of Error Code 30159
The QuickBooks error 30159 can cause damage to the data of the company so it needs to be fixed. The main symptoms of this error are it crashes the program error, the PC often crashes while working on it or the system runs very slowly. Payroll update error 30159 occurs due to several reasons and they are listed below.
- Incomplete installation of QuickBooks software.
- Corrupted Windows system files due to virus infection.
- Any program related to QuickBooks has been deleted mistakenly.
- QB company file is corrupted or damaged.
Signs and Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 30159
- The very first sign and symptom of this error can be when it appears and crashes the active program.
- Also, if the system frequently crashes with this error, when running the same program.
- “Error message 30159” gets displayed on the computer screen again and again.
- The system performs slowly or sluggishly.
You may also read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 80070057?
Methods to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 30159
Perform the below-given solution methods in order to resolve the QuickBooks error code 30159 manually.
Method 1: Restore your system to an earlier point
- Start your computer system and login as “System Administrator“
- Hit a click on “Start” button, on your keyboard
- After that go to the “All Programs” and click on “Restore” option.
- After this open a new window and select “Restore My Computer” and click on “Next” button.
- Choose the most recent system restore point and again click on “Next” button.
- Once done click on the “Confirmation Window“.
- The next step is to restart the system once.
- Once the system rebooted successfully, you need to download and install the “QuickBooks File Repair Tool“.
- Click on the “Scan” button, after installing the QuickBooks file repair tool.
- Hit a single click on “Fix Error” button after the scanning is finished.
- Once the “Success” screen prompts, you need to restart your computer system again.
Method 2: Install the Windows Updates
- Firstly, hit on “Start” key, on your keyboard
- After that type “Update” in the search box and then hit on the “Enter” key.
- The system will check for the updates (if there any)
- If you found any updates there just try to install all of them.
- Once the process completes, reboot your computer.
Method 3: Use Windows File Checker
- Login as the “System Administrator” on your computer.
- Hit on the “Windows” or “Start” button, on your keyboard.
- After that Press “Windows + R“ keys together to open the run box.
- Type “cmd” and then hit “Enter” key, on your keyboard.
- A black screen will open on your desktop screen.
- Type “sfc/scannow” and then hit on the “Enter” key.
- This process will take few seconds to complete.
- Once the process is done, follow the screen instructions on your desktop screen to restore the corruptions problem of system files.
Method 4: Adding EIN to your company file
- First of all Login to your QuickBooks as “System Admin“.
- After that hit a click on “Choose Payroll” option.
- Now, the users needs to click on “Use my Existing Payrolls Service“.
- A newly window named “Account Maintenance” appears on your desktop screen.
- After that hit a click on “Add file” option.
- Check on the radio button that is labeled as “Add EIN Number“.
Note: It should be noted that in case the radio button is disabled, then it means that the user has already subscribed to “EIN Number” for your company.
- After that click on the “Next” button.
- Check out the information and open your QuickBooks.
Method 5: Edit and Re-enter your payroll service key
- You need to first proceed to the employees menu.
- Further, opt for the My payroll service option.
- You now have to click on the manage service key and also click on account/billing information.
- The next step is to find and choose your payroll service key and opt for the remove tab.
- Once done with that, click on the add tab.
- And also enter your active payroll service key.
- Hit the finish tab and click on OK to end the process.
Method 6: Perform QuickBooks error scanning
- You need to first download the QuickBooks payroll error utility.
- Further, follow it up by installing the program.
- You now have to click on the scan and start tab with the scanning process.
- After that, select QB-related issues after the scanning process ends.
- Towards the end, reboot your system.
Method 7: Perform disk cleanup in Windows
- Under this process, you need to wipe off the temporary files by clicking on the start tab.
- Once done with that, click on the enter tab.
- Choose the drive that you want to free up.
- Also, click on the OK tab.
- The next step is to select and remove all unwanted files and further click on the ok tab.
- Now, select clean up system files in disk cleanup.
- Select the file types and click on the ok tab.
- This would remove all unimportant files from the system and further create the required space.
QuickBooks error code 30159 is not complicated and can be easily fixed. I hope you have successfully troubleshooted this error from your QuickBooks. If the problem persists, then we recommend you to seek assistance from our QuickBooks online support team by dialing +1-800-360-4183, and getting quick help from the experts. Our certified ProAdvisor’s are capable to handle your all type of issues related to QuickBooks.
Few other helpful resources:
Some Quick FAQs relating to QuickBooks Error 30159
QuickBooks Error 30159 is a common error that occurs when the user tries to update or install QuickBooks software. It is usually occurs due to incorrect or incomplete installation, virus or malware attacks, corrupt system files, or registry errors. Other reasons for the error can be an outdated version of Windows or QuickBooks software, an incomplete installation of QuickBooks Payroll, or problems with the .NET Framework.
There are several methods you can use to fix QuickBooks Error 30159. Some of these methods include:
1. Run the QuickBooks Payroll update tool to fix the error.
2. Update your Windows and QuickBooks software to the latest version.
3. Verify your payroll subscription and make sure it’s active.
4. Perform a clean installation of QuickBooks software.
5. Use the QuickBooks file doctor tool to repair any damaged files.
To prevent QuickBooks Error 30159 from occurring, you can take the following steps:
1. Make sure your QuickBooks and Windows software is always up-to-date.
2. Regularly run antivirus and malware scans to protect your system from virus attacks.
3. Ensure that you have a stable and reliable internet connection when updating or installing QuickBooks software.
4. Avoid installing multiple versions of QuickBooks software on the same computer.
5. Always create a backup of your QuickBooks data to prevent data loss.