Adequate Solutions to eradicate QuickBooks Error code 1646
As we all are no doubt aware that QuickBooks Desktop software has always been the most reliable and well-established accounting software at the forefront for small and medium size business enterprises. However, this accounting software often faces many technical glitches and errors. This is only the major drawback of this application that users have reported while working with it on both Windows and Mac Versions. So, in this invaluable segment we will discuss one such error of this accounting software named as: QuickBooks Error 1646.
“Error 1646 installing quickbooks.msi uninstallation of the update package is not supported”.
QuickBooks Error 1646 is the kind of error usually appears when the user tries to install the QuickBooks premier on a system that already has installed QuickBooks premier version of the identical year. And the prompt message of this error that usually displays on the screen is stated as:
Moreover, there are several other reasons that could create such blunder. So let us understand more about this error, its causes and its relevant solutions. Make sure you read this article till the end.
How to identify QuickBooks Error 1646?
Usual Symptoms that you may notice with QuickBooks Error code 1646 are as follows:
- The Company File may get locked can be the one reason.
- Components like Microsoft C++ and MSXML may damage.
- Using an outdated version of OS.
- Inappropriate installation of Microsoft NET 1.1 SP1.
- No permissions granted to installation process.
- In case Temporary folders of Windows are full.
Appropriate Measures to tackle the QuickBooks Error Code 1646
In order to fix this error user can try following measures mentioned below.
Let us have a glance on each of these measures:
You may also see: How to Reinstall QuickBooks for Windows Using Clean Install?
STEP 1) Verify the information of the Product of QuickBooks Desktop software.
- At first, launch the QuickBooks Desktop Software.
- Then tap on the F2 key on the keyboard. This will display the Product information window in front of you.
- In this window you will get all the required information regarding the Product.
- Finally Note down all the information in details like license number and Product key.
- Along with this, make sure to note down the version and year of the Product as well.
STEP 2) Uninstallation of QuickBooks Desktop Software.
Follow these simple steps to install the QuickBooks Desktop Software.
- Go to the START menu and then head to Control panel by clicking on it or by typing control in the search box and open the Control panel by double clicking on it.
- Next, Select Programs and Features option or you can also move to uninstall a program by clicking on it.
- Then Select your version of QuickBooks Desktop
- Now click on the uninstall or change and then select the remove option.
- Finally Hit the Next button.
Read this also: System requirements for QuickBooks desktop 2022
STEP 3) Rename the folders of the QuickBooks Desktop installation folders manually.
In this step you have to change the name of the QuickBooks Desktop installation folders which will reflect the hidden files after that change, for this you have to:
- Right Click on the folder and the add ‘.old’ in the end of the folder name.
- This will avoid the QuickBooks to access the folder that is renamed before. As a result of this QuickBooks will make the new folder.
This is the most constructive way to eradicate this QuickBooks Error 1646, in case if it is unsuccessful in rectifying this error, Move on the Final Step.
STEP4) Reinstallation of QuickBooks Desktop Software.
- When the above steps are complete, the user should now reinstall the QuickBooks software and check if the error still persists.
Well, after carrying out all the above-mentioned steps, if the QuickBooks Error Code 1646 still troubles you then without wasting your much time we would highly recommend you to contact our dedicated team of QuickBooks Customer support Number at +1-844-521-0490 who would provide you the support services in a least possible time to fix this issue.
Read More Helpful Article Here: