Find out how to fix QuickBooks company file error code 6143:
Errors in QuickBooks are quite annoying, as it hinders the smooth working process. However, the best part about using QuickBooks is that any sort of issue in this software is easy. Every error can be resolved using some or the other set of steps. Coming to the QuickBooks error code 6143, it is generally seen due to malfunction in the company files. The user can also end up in such an error when system files are corrupted or damaged somehow. You might see a warning message on the screen when such an error occurs and as a result of this issue the window might crash, or the software might crash. Any sort of damage to the registry files can trigger this error in QuickBooks.
Also, if the windows registry files got deleted mistakenly, then the occurrence of this error is probable. To learn more about this particular error, all you need to go through the piece of writing carefully and find out what measures can be taken to eliminate this issue in QuickBooks error code 6143. However, if you are stuck at any point of time or if you need our assistance, feel free to connect with our tech team at +1(844)405-0907 and they will provide you with instant support and assistance.
IMPORTANT: Before you implement the steps discussed below, it is essential to ascertain that Update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest version. Also, ensure to turn off the hosting on every system in the network leaving the server system hosting the company file.
What instigates QuickBooks error code 6143?
There are certain factors due to which one might end up in such an error. Here is a list of the most common factors. Let us have a look:
- One of the major reasons can be corrupted entries in the windows system file
- The user can also end up in such an error in the QuickBooks desktop installation is either incomplete or not performed properly
- Another reason why such an error occurs on the screen is if the bank reconnects when there is a new credit card.
- Damaged window system files can also lead to such an error in QuickBooks
Methods for troubleshooting QuickBooks error code 6143
The QuickBooks error code 6143 can be resolved easily, by carrying out the methods enumerated in this article. Let us navigate across each of the methods one by one:
Method 1: Open a sample company file
The very first process can be to open a sample company file and check if there is any issue with the company file. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- The very first step is to open a sample file in the no company open window.
- Once done with that select a file from the list of sample company files
- Now, head to the next step and open the file locally.
- This will open a sample company file and if the file opens, then it indicates that there is any issue with the company file. However, if the sample company file doesn’t open up, then it indicates issue with the software or any other issue
You may also read: Download QuickBooks Desktop- Complete Guide
Method 2: Configure the antivirus software and firewall ports
Often antivirus or the firewall ports might block the smooth working of the software. Thus, the user is suggested to configure the antivirus settings using the steps below.
- The user is suggested to configure the firewall ports or disable them temporarily by performing the necessary steps
- Moreover, the user can also set up an exception for QuickBooks to the antivirus and try to eliminate this error
Method 3: Close all the QuickBooks processes.
At times the processes running in the background might triggers errors in QuickBooks. Thus, the user is recommended to perform the steps to close all the background processes.
- The very first step is to login to your system as admin.
- And then press Ctrl + shift + esc and the task manager will be displayed.
- After that head to the user tab and this will show the process running in the background
- Once done with that close all tab the QuickBooks related tasks,
- This can be done by clicking on the End task tab
- The last step is to close all the QuickBooks processes
Method 4: Open the company file locally.
Often the company file itself might be triggering errors in QuickBooks. Thus, in such situation, it is suggested to open the company file locally. This can be done using the steps below:
- The very first step is to open the folder with the company file.
- And then check out the QB extension and right click on the file
- Once done with that select the copy option
- And then paste the file on Desktop.
- After that press the ctrl key and try to open the QuickBooks and reach no company open window.
- At last open or restore the existing company and close all the QuickBooks processes and this will resolve the issue up to certain extent
Now that you know what steps are involved in eliminating these sorts of issues in QuickBooks, it is time to perform these steps and try to get rid of the QuickBooks error code 6143. However, if there is any query or if the user needs our assistance at any point of time, then getting in touch with our tech team at +1(844)405-0907 is recommended. We are a team of technically sound QuickBooks professionals who work round the clock to provide instant customer support for QuickBoooks and assistance.
you may also consider