QuickBooks Error Server Busy mainly occurs when you are using QB Desktop. A dialogue box will open on your screen announcing “QuickBooks Error: Server Busy: This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy”. QuickBooks Desktop is specialized accounting software used for various business operations. Hence, it is necessary keep this financial accounting tool fit always. Moreover, it also hold numerous of your momentous business information.
This error is quite complicated to fix and thus it needs an IT professional hand to solve this issue, thus feel free to call at +1-800-360-4183. Lets us begin with the causes of this error and after that, we will discuss the fixation of QuickBooks server busy error. However, you can request for help and support from our QuickBooks Error Support advisors by dialing the toll-free +1-800-360-4183.
What is QuickBooks Server Busy Error?
QuickBooks Server busy message usually appears in case QuickBooks is unable to complete the data exchange process. In case the user gets a server busy error in QuickBooks, then it indicates that the company file is employed by another user. The error occurs when the system is unable to communicate with the application server. The error message restricts the workflow and creates an irreparable issue.
Causes of QuickBooks Server Busy Error
The following factors can trigger such an error in QuickBooks. Let us have a look:
- Another program waiting for your feedback is trying to work on QuickBooks Desktop.
- Check whether Windows Update is running or not. If the Windows update is running in the background then this arrangement would probably cause this issue..!
- Either the QuickBooks Desktop application or some of its components did not appropriately turn off whilst you last shut down the QuickBooks.
- More than one computer is set to host QuickBooks application company files.
- Software security application or Personal Firewall is blocking the update of QuickBooks Desktop.
- This may be due to the clash between QuickBooks Update Manager and other programs/applications of the computer.
- This issue may appear due to the clashes between Intuit ProSeries (US) & profiles (Canada).
- Fewer resources to run the QuickBooks Desktop.
You may see that an error message comes on your screen while you are working in QuickBooks Desktop:
Read this Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82?
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Server Busy Error Message
Firstly check your network resources and then open the QuickBooks application again. Implement the steps mentioned below so that the QuickBooks desktop server busy error can be solved.
Method 1: Shut-Down all the open programs
- Make sure that in any open program there is no dialogue box. For Example, a dialogue box of MS Word is asking you to save the document and this is the one reason which leads to server busy error message.
- Programs like Norton, Windows Defender, Google Desktop, Vista Security, and Pivot Software Control have the reason
- You are trying to use selective startup in Windows then stop IntuitFCS
- Webroot Spy Sweeper is causing this error message. Temporarily Disable QuickBooks Desktop or just run it in gamer mode. For further information check that in Webroot Spy Sweeper User Guide.
Method 2: Try to update the Windows
Check for your Windows updates if there is an update to be made then update it and restart your computer and try working on QuickBooks. And if there are no updates then jump to the next solution.
Read this also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 80070057?
Method 3: Check and close all the QuickBooks Desktop Components
- Shut your QB data file & then exit QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Hit onto the “Windows taskbar” icon and then click on the “Task Manager” icon.
- Click on the “Processes” icon.
- Choose each process and then you can click onto the “Finish Process” icon.
- Restart QuickBooks Desktop and then later open the QuickBooks data file.
Method 4: Remove the QuickBooks Update Agent displaying the “Server Busy” error message
- Click on the “Windows” or “Start” menu.
- Click on the “All Programs” icon.
- Choose the “Startup” tab.
- Right-tap on the QuickBooks Update Agent and then select Delete option.
- Click on Delete Shortcut.
- Shut all shared updates in the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click on Help tab and then choose Update QuickBooks.
- Select Options.
- Click on Share Download option and then select No then close.
- Run reboot.bat file
- Repair QuickBooks desktop.
- Reinstall QuickBooks using a clean install.
When Intuit Pro-Series is installed on the computer
- Check Windows Task Manager for QbpsevntXXr.exe and note that the XX denotes the year of your software.
- Open Explorer Browser.
- Browse and then open Intuit ProSeries folder for that specific year. It usually looks like this- C: \ ProWinXX (XX is the year of Intuit ProSeries).
- Open 32-bit folder.
- Find qbpsevntXXr.exe and rename it by adding “.old” at the end of the renamed file.
- EXAMPLE: qbpsevnt18r.exe.old.
- Close the Windows Explorer.
If the above prescribed steps are unable to troubleshoot this issue, try the sequential actions given below with the help of an IT professional or any under the guidance of any expert.
- Boot the Windows to Safe Mode with Networking, then start the QuickBooks Desktop application, and later restart the Windows in Normal Mode will frequently fix this problem.
- Try to run QuickBooks Desktop application and then perform the action causing the technical error in Windows Selective Startup and later Windows Safe Mode.
- In case, you are operating the QuickBooks Desktop on a network, then restart the machine, and later reconnect the system to all mapped drives.
- Figure out if the backup or mirroring software is running on the server or a network. If this is so, it may be actively scanning the hard drive, blocking the access to QuickBooks Desktop application files & leading to this error. Test this by temporarily disabling the software to see if the QuickBooks Desktop issue recurs. If it doesn’t, there is a conflict with the scanning software that must be resolved with help from your system or network administrator (if you have one), the vendor from whom they purchased the software or hardware, the manufacturer’s or software developer’s Web site, or a local computer consultant.
- If there is security software installed on the server machine, it may be scanning new and updated files in the background and therefore locking up the template file. To prevent this, either disable the security software or add .DOC files to the exception list. Please see your security software’s documentation for steps on how to do this.
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 80040408?
Method 5: Clean install QuickBooks Desktop
If none of the troubleshooting steps work, you may try uninstalling and reinstalling your QuickBooks Desktop. In case you have Intuit ProSeries installed on your system, just rename it and see if the issue is fixed. Follow the given steps to clean install QuickBooks Desktop.
- At first, open Windows task manager and see if you can find qbpsevntXXr.exe (XX denotes the year of the Intuit ProSeries software) and note the year in the file name.
- Open Windows Explorer.
- Open Intuit ProSeries folder (C:\ ProWinXX) for that year.
- Go to the 32bit folder.
- Find the qbpsevntXXr.exe file and then right-click on it and select Rename.
- Add “.old” to the end of the file name (qbpsevnt18r.exe.old).
- Close Windows Explorer
Method 6: Quick fix my program
You can use the quick fix my program tool to eliminate the server busy issue permanently. The steps to be performed here are as follows:
- The very first step is to download and install the QuickBooks tool hub.
- After that, save the file somewhere where it can be accessed easily.
- The user is then required to open the file downloaded earlier by double-clicking on the same.
- Now, follow the onscreen prompts to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Double-click the tool hub icon to open the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Followed by launching the tool hub and clicking on the program problems option.
- You are then required to select quick fix my program.
- Lastly, open the QuickBooks and access the company file.
Method 7: Disable the automatic update in QuickBooks
- Under this process, you need to click on ctrl + alt + delete tabs.
- Now, select the task manager and startup tab.
- Later on, click on the QuickBooks automatic update and also go for the disable tab.
- Once done with that, turn off the shared updates in QuickBooks.
- Visit the help menu and click on the update QuickBooks tab.
- You are then required to select the options tab.
- Select the share download option.
- End the process by hitting the close tab.
Method 8: Running reboot.bat file
- Close QuickBooks
- Followed by, right-clicking the QuickBooks desktop icon selecting the properties tab, and also clicking on the open file location option.
- You are then required to select the shortcut option from the properties menu.
- Once done with that, you need to right-click the reboot.bat file.
- In addition to that, go for the run as admin option.
- This will show up in a command window. Avoid manually closing the window.
Other Quick fixes
Other than the above-stated solutions, you can try to fix the issue using the steps below:
Method 1: Using the safe mode option
- Here, you are required to move to the safe mode from Windows with networking.
- Open the QuickBooks software.
- Reboot the windows in normal mode.
- Also, run QuickBooks desktop and perform the actions in Windows selective startup, and also head to Windows safe mode.
- Reboot the system and reconnect it to all mapped drives.
- Go for an alternate method by identifying if the backup or mirroring software. Actively scan the hard drive and block access to QuickBooks files.
- Disable the software.
Method 2: Map the network drive in Windows
- Go for the start menu
- Enter this PC and hit the enter tab
- Double-click this PC option
- And go for map a network drive
- Select an available letter for the drive
- Click the browse tab
- Use your navigational tools to find the location where your QuickBooks files are currently kept.
- Click on the OK tab and also click on the Finish tab
- Use the newly mapped drive to access the company now.
We hope that with help of troubleshooting steps mentioned above really did help you a lot to fix QuickBooks server busy error and if you still have any doubts then feel free to seek help from our QuickBooks toll-free support number at +1-800-360-4183.
Other helpful articles